COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

moorey

call me Mia
You don't need to be old to be unhealthy.
This isn’t about me.

And also, is it just me, or are people generally getting friendlier and accepting this more on mandatory visits to the supermarket?

They were downright civil and polite today.

Jpez

Down on the left!
This isn’t about me.

And also, is it just me, or are people generally getting friendlier and accepting this more on mandatory visits to the supermarket?

They were downright civil and polite today.
Definitely the case. I’m getting more smiles from people on walks, cars are stopping to let me and the kid cross on bikes. There’s definitely a feeling of solidarity. A we’re all in this together sort of thing.
And best of all! Have you seen the amount of active wear out there?!???’

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Definitely the case. I’m getting more smiles from people on walks, cars are stopping to let me and the kid cross on bikes. There’s definitely a feeling of solidarity. A we’re all in this together sort of thing.
Maybe people are just starved of social interaction. Could it be our usual daily life is so jammed full of people that we have nothing left to give out? This could be why so many people hate bikes!

The front page of the telegraph will let us know soon enough.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Hallelujah Brother Hilsong lol!

https://medium.com/@Elle_Black/hillsong-gets-away-scott-free-49dbf11112d0

The Australian government has played a game of pass the buck over the last week trying to distance itself from their responsibility of allowing the Ruby Princess to dock in Sydney on Thursday, March 19. Whilst a silver boat trophy emblazoned with “I stopped these” sits on top of the Prime Minster’s desk, Scott Morrison would have you believe the cruise ship responsible for 400 cases of COVID19 was nobody’s fault.

Whilst the government refuses to identify the ministers responsible for docking, in thinly veiled hopes the incident will somehow blow over, sources have grown frustrated with the negligence and reached out to journalists. Speaking under the condition of anonymity, a source names the man responsible as Assistant Defence Minister Alex Hawke — the Liberal member for Mitchell. Allegedly the in-laws of Hawke were on board the ship, along with other passengers from the Hillsong church that his family are a part of.

Hawke has frequently been identified as Prime Minister Morrison’s ‘Right Hand Man’ and was influential in the leadership spill that saw Morrison replace Malcom Turnbull as the country’s leader in 2018. The source’s tip adds up with Hawke working as Defence Minister Peter Dutton’s assistant and with the Prime Minster in Hawke’s debt after acting as his“spear thrower” for being “brutally effective at marshalling numbers” for the

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Ahaha I desperately want to believe that there's a Hillsong conspiracy associated with the Ruby Princess debacle.

Anyone know who Elle Black is? She draws on some fairly loose connections throughout most of that, and relies on anonymous sources without anything to support her own credibility/explain why govt insiders and/or Guardian journalists would be sharing such information with her to publish on her Medium page with 22 followers (many of whom presumably follow in response to this post..).

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Have you seen the amount of active wear out there?!???’
I've seen a lot, and I mean a LOT of stranded cyclists by the side bikes on the ground defeated and on their mobiles, presumably asking for retrieval. One particular lady I noticed had a puncture and I offered to sort it out for her (I carry patch kit). She refused which was fair enough given the current situation, but it wasn't due to distancing, she said she was buggered already and didn't want to ride home anyhow.

Hilarious stuff but at the same time this could be a good thing, more people out on trails!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Ahaha I desperately want to believe that there's a Hillsong conspiracy associated with the Ruby Princess debacle.

Anyone know who Elle Black is? She draws on some fairly loose connections throughout most of that, and relies on anonymous sources without anything to support her own credibility/explain why govt insiders and/or Guardian journalists would be sharing such information with her to publish on her Medium page with 22 followers (many of whom presumably follow in response to this post..).
It could be fake news no doubt, we'll just have to wait and see.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
On Friday, March 13, the Prime Minister announced a ban on gatherings of 500 people, however the ban would not actually start until Monday. No reason was explicitly given for the delay between the announcement and the commencement of the ban, but Hillsong’s Colour Conference in Sydney’s North East was attended by over 3000 people on Saturday, March14th.
Every other organisation was cancelling their crowds immediately, F1 pulled the pin on the 13th March, music concerts cancelled completely that weekend and the NBL Grand Final was played on Sunday afternoon 15th with no crowd. The ban did not come into effect till Midnight of the Sunday 15th

Whilst the government refuses to identify the ministers responsible for docking, in thinly veiled hopes the incident will somehow blow over, sources have grown frustrated with the negligence and reached out to journalists
Just journalists being journalists digging dirt for a scandal.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
covid 19 article from the australian, some perspective from the doomsayers
cov19
finally some honest perspective, our aus death rate is about 0,5%
taiwan sensibly only isolated the elderly.sick not hlth people
You responded to an article posted a week or so back, that was written by a practicing geneticist (and some other sciency disciplines that I can't recall) and you rejected it saying that it wasn't from a peer reviewed scholarly source, regardless of the fact that it was at least an authoritative source.

Yet now, you're willing to take the word of a lawyer, doing statistics on a global health issue in a partisan newspaper. That seems to be a far less qualified source speaking outside of their area of expertise, yet you're willing to accept it.

Can I ask what your actual qualifications are? To be transparent, I have no hard science quals but have postgrad in public policy (security) and my undergrad was in psych/sociology/IR. After graduating I've worked in security policy related fields. So, I don't have any quals in the medical area but am attached, if only peripherally to some of the policy response to the outbreak.

moorey

call me Mia
Mate. Around here it’s all active wear all the time. Rarely is it a good thing unfortunately.