COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Went too late to Woolies today, too many people. Still most good mannered, some kerfuffle broke out at the counters but we didn't see it and could only make out a few sweaty words. Plenty of security so the idiot left quickly.

I can't say I bumped into @droenn because we simply exchanged pleasantries as we passed each other at 1.5m+, both completely aware of the charges that could have been laid because I was with my wife. Alas, another time young fellow, another time.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
An Instragram photo in an unflattering outfit is essential:

Gotta chase those likes, no affirmations is a sad way to live. It just wouldn't be worth it. Would the tag line be "not letting corona ruin my dreams" or "good thing about corona is no crowds ruining my photos"?

Jpez

Down on the left!
You must live in a different Footscray.
Not many fat Vietnamese around!

Although in reality I live in Altona north it’s so close to Newport I like to pretend I’m one of the upper classes that live there with their white picket fences and great non Maccas asses.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
It's all overweight European descent breeders in my patch. It doesn't stop them though, it must help with the thigh chaffing or something.

stirk

Burner
WTF, I'm watching Karate Kid with the kids and the car company Dodgy Ram is advertising to encourage people to take advantage of tax brakes offered by the govt during this crisis. Fuck off Ram
Your massive USA utes look like shit and are less capable off road than my old Hilux. Chunts spending money on advertising encouraging abusing govt relief.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
WTF, I'm watching Karate Kid with the kids and the car company Dodgy Ram is advertising to encourage people to take advantage of tax brakes offered by the govt during this crisis. Fuck off Ram
Your massive USA utes look like shit and are less capable off road than my old Hilux. Chunts spending money on advertising encouraging abusing govt relief.
In fairness the tax breaks were already there, just an old add. In saying that of a grand total of about 5 vehicle manufactures to have had a decent month, they were one, Peugeot another (wtf), and interestingly two chinese brands had massive growth!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
always reminds me of this

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Who says these activities are safe? RJ SMITH?
People adjust. Always have always will. and it’s only short term.
Leaving gyms and sporting clubs open is just leaving a door open for this new kid as you say.

This “hyperbolic bullshit” as you say is what is helping keep the local transmissions low. The USA didn’t proscribe to this supposed over the top measures and look where they are.
I'm tipping then that you've never been suicidally depressed, which means you don't fucking get it. I'm not at the moment, but I have been before, and it's not a headspace I want to go back to.Things take a new perspective when you're literally fearful of what you might do to yourself if you can't engage your relief measures.Which for me at least mean getting the hell out of my house. Alone.

Who says certain activities are "danderous"? By what measure do they determine 'danger"? How does a solo activity suddenly become "dangerous" when a tiny proportion of the population have contracted a thing, when the same activity was perfectly safe before the thing was known?

The inconsistency of the "rules" only enhances the stupidity.... It's perfectly fine to punch on in the dunny roll aisles of the the germ-laden stupormarkets, but it's somehow suddenly terminally dangerous to chill out on any kind of boat with no one else within cooee. Work that out That's why the shit they're spinning is hyperbolic bullshit - it's not rational or consistent enough to be taken any other way.

I'm not denying that Covid-19 is a health issue. The problem is that the governments and media are carrying on as if it;s the only health issue, and everything else that has been making us (as a society) unwell has just suddenly stopped being a problem. It's this attitude of failing to consider the broader picture that I have a particular problem with.