COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
This.

Closing schools affects peeps who are working parents. I like the idea of forced limited tourism & plane travel though - that shit was ruining the planet.

Even my employer has effectively banned external meetings & forced anyone within cooee of the virus to stay home. They put that in place weeks & weeks ago.
Same, we have gone from jump on a plane to a customers site when a fault arises, to submit a request to HO for permission to travel.

binner

Hath shat hymself
ohh its fucking awesome, why didn't we freak out like this when SARS arrived. Geezus.... chill out everyone. People like me and my work and businesses that need PPE like P2 dust masks cant fucking buy because simple dumb public dickweeds are going into freak mode and buying up bulk. Just go to any bunnings and the fugging shelves are empty of every type of mask. I have tried 4 suppliers in the last 2 weeks that I normally purchase bulk quantities off and they are all out.
yeah ... its cool cause maybe Uni will shut down for a few months ;););)

binner

Hath shat hymself
Tokyo seems as busy as usual, but you get more of the stink eye than usual if you cough or sniffle on the trains!

Getting on a flight tonight via Singapore. I might change my landing back home to Canberra and visit Johhny.

House is going to be barren when I get home, except I think I left yoghurt in the fridge...been away since boxing day, hnmmmmm. Anyone want a highly volatile probiotic?
you sir are a funny prick.......

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are you blaming China because the virus appears to have originated there?

Or China's response to the virus?
Imo it is the China gov’s fault. All evidence points to wet markets in Wuhan, until conclusively proven otherwise the CCP are fully to blame for poor enforcement that allowed these markets to still exist after previous outbreaks. They had been warned repeatedly to stop live animal markets and are supposed to be banned. Their heavy handed response is them trying to cover their arses for fking up so badly..

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
ohh its fucking awesome, why didn't we freak out like this when SARS arrived. Geezus.... chill out everyone. People like me and my work and businesses that need PPE like P2 dust masks cant fucking buy because simple dumb public dickweeds are going into freak mode and buying up bulk. Just go to any bunnings and the fugging shelves are empty of every type of mask. I have tried 4 suppliers in the last 2 weeks that I normally purchase bulk quantities off and they are all out.
yeah ... its cool cause maybe Uni will shut down for a few months ;););)
I went to grab some P2 masks last week. $189 for 10. WTF? Suppliers are gouging say the retailers. Fuck it I will go naked. People who think P1 or 2 masks will protect them from wet virus shit are brain dead. Your own breath kills these things. Ah well.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I went to grab some P2 masks last week. $189 for 10. WTF? Suppliers are gouging say the retailers. Fuck it I will go naked. People who think P1 or 2 masks will protect them from wet virus shit are brain dead. Your own breath kills these things. Ah well.
I needed a p2 mask to cut some carbon handlebars and do some spraying around the yard and found the same thing..Mine you I think the fires used up the majority of stock not so much the prepers..

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Imo it is the China gov’s fault. All evidence points to wet markets in Wuhan, until conclusively proven otherwise the CCP are fully to blame for poor enforcement that allowed these markets to still exist after previous outbreaks. They had been warned repeatedly to stop live animal markets and are supposed to be banned. Their heavy handed response is them trying to cover their arses for fking up so badly..
Not saying it's not China's fault, just commenting on Indica's opinion on China's deliberation.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I needed a p2 mask to cut some carbon handlebars and do some spraying around the yard and found the same thing..Mine you I think the fires used up the majority of stock not so much the prepers..
I was told the stock was taken byvirus preppers. Despite being told these are not suitable the reply typically was google said they are ok. So many mask wearers with no eye protection. Rubbing eyes with hands etc etc. Mask not fitted properly. Think I might buy an airfed helmet and then i can use it mowing too.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
All I can say is, even 1 year down the road, don't be popping the frigging bubble wrap on your cheap Sram/Shimano cassettes.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All I can say is, even 1 year down the road, don't be popping the frigging bubble wrap on your cheap Sram/Shimano cassettes.
I nearly pulled the trigger on some carbon wheels from btlos.. .. Spoke to them on their chat function and they said it was business in usual where they are.. Not sure what to believe..

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I have purposely stopped Chi orders for the meantime... don't know whether I'm being silly but thinking it's a good idea to not invite the fox in to the chicken coop.

Dont know much about Covid-19 and halflife shit, but better safe than sorry.