COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

moorey

call me Mia
It was a NYT story, a couple going interstate wanted to be tested. One paid $200 cash, the other claimed on their insurance and it was $6000+.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Saw the same story, but reckon it’s the exception rather than the rule.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
From memory the same article also stated the bill was negotiated down to around the ~$1100 mark, and alluded that such extreme bills were generally only occuring when the testing was farmed out to third-party testers eho were adding on additional (unrequested) lab work/screening to boost the bills.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
second highest day of cases in vic yesterday so far (108) ...38 suburbs locked down....second wave here we come. ffffffffffffffffffffffffffuck

Jpez

Down on the left!
It doesn’t pay to argue with the ladies at a regional truck shop about why they think this is all a global conspiracy. They couldn’t formulate one single reason why to back up their assertion except for “do you know anyone that’s got it? or their GP says it rubbish or they know a nurse in the local hospital that says it’s empty”.

I had to leave as the stupidity was hurting my head and I was starting to get fired up.

I pointed at the huge roll of tin foil on the counter as I left and said they might need more. Don’t know if I’ll be welcome back there again.

tobbogonist

a registered member
A group at work are convinced it is 5G.
My neighbour who is almost 80 and constantly in hospital battling cancer thinks its a load of malarky and was off to melb this weekend to see his grandkids. Bloke i work with reckons we are all stupid and need to stay at home.. he had the weekend off to take his son to melb for his 21st.
Customers are getting worse. We had a lady last week who, when asked politely to maintain distance, lunged at a staff member and yelled 'boo'.
Shoplifters are rife. 'Don't come near me!' Is preventing checking of bags etc.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Yeep :(
Although on a positive note, had a chat with an old mate from melb earlier in the week. He is taking it seriously.
Last weekend they had a gathering to watch the footy. 5 people in a shed, 5 chairs. Keep it safe. By the end of the first quarter he said there was 10 people there and they had started to share the same note to do lines of coke.. he was pissed, said he stormed off home and did lines of coke alone, wasnt risking covid..

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
It should be an offence to refuse testing.
Disagree. In a way.

Everyone should be able to refuse, same as vaccinations and the like.

But as above, they should be treated as if they tested positive. They should get to choose, but be denied participating in the society they refuse to assist. A fine or the like probably wouldn't solve much, but not being able to go to work or hit the shops might convince a few that maybe a quick swab up the nose isn't the worst thing that could happen.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk