COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Probably on the money there. I bought a set of TIME pedals from a bloke a few weeks back, he told me he was in a hotspot and to boil the pedals when I got them. I wiped them down with alco wipes and let them sit a day or two.
That’s some next level paranoia by old mate in the hotspot, i wonder if the rest if aust knows how much produce/product goes through melb hotspot warehouses? A fkn lot i can tell you, all the states shat bricks when stage 4 restrictions were going to cut intersate supply by 75% of normal vic output. They lobbied like buggary when they realised 30-40% of ag produce comes out of via victoria.. Are people disinfecting their vic supermarket products as well?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
That’s some next level paranoia by old mate in the hotspot, i wonder if the rest if aust knows how much produce/product goes through melb hotspot warehouses? A fkn lot i can tell you, all the states shat bricks when stage 4 restrictions were going to cut intersate supply by 75% of normal vic output. They lobbied like buggary when they realised 30-40% of ag produce comes out of via victoria.. Are people disinfecting their vic supermarket products as well?
K'oath it was, they were nearly brand new and cheap, so he obviously didn't know the side effects of boiling bearings... but hats off to him, he warned me.

Just seen Jacinda on the news, not happy... locking down Auckland with no idea of how it got to the 4.

Minlak

custom titis
K'oath it was, they were nearly brand new and cheap, so he obviously didn't know the side effects of boiling bearings... but hats off to him, he warned me.

Just seen Jacinda on the news, not happy... locking down Auckland with no idea of how it got to the 4.
There may not be an insidious reason for the transmission - if no one is getting tested there are no cases remember - it’s quite plausible it’s been doing the rounds and being passed off as the good old flu until someone eventually needed or decided to test.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There may not be an insidious reason for the transmission - if no one is getting tested there are no cases remember - it’s quite plausible it’s been doing the rounds and being passed off as the good old flu until someone eventually needed or decided to test.
Did you read WA tested a few thousand random school kids to check if there was any infection floating about? Not a bad idea in the states with low cases.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just back from getting tested and it sure did make my eyes water. very uncomfortable for the 10 seconds it takes. The 75 minute wait whilst feeling crap from this cold was worse.
Heck dude, hope it's just a normal cold. You've had enough on your plate of recent times!

Minlak

custom titis
Just back from getting tested and it sure did make my eyes water. very uncomfortable for the 10 seconds it takes. The 75 minute wait whilst feeling crap from this cold was worse.
Heck dude, hope it's just a normal cold. You've had enough on your plate of recent times!
Do you feel the urge to run around without a mask on cussing about your civil rights? Do you find security guard now more sexually attractive ? If not then you will be right :)

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
my 'friend ' has a job that entails cars - mostly when they are broken ...
my 'friend ' took a call this morning from a young lady in distress - her battery was fat and she had an urgent appointment to attend .
my 'friend' asked ( aksed ) if she was an essential worker . like a Dr or a nurse and needed to get to work
No , was the reply .
hmmm, okay service centres are all shut due to Covid
Yes - but i have an important appointment
is it to the Dr ?

No - a hairdressers

FML - she lived in Brunswick .

my ' friend ' cannot believe how dense some people are

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
The ABC is reporting that NZ is investigating whether the virus was imported by freight. It's hard to imagine it's been sneaking around in the community for 3 months without flaring up, but anything's possible.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
my 'friend ' has a job that entails cars - mostly when they are broken ...
my 'friend ' took a call this morning from a young lady in distress - her battery was fat and she had an urgent appointment to attend .
my 'friend' asked ( aksed ) if she was an essential worker . like a Dr or a nurse and needed to get to work
No , was the reply .
hmmm, okay service centres are all shut due to Covid
Yes - but i have an important appointment
is it to the Dr ?

No - a hairdressers

FML - she lived in Brunswick .

my ' friend ' cannot believe how dense some people are
Also in the auto industry, we've had some winners this week. Like the bloke that came in for wheel nut covers for his truck (and that's it). Another for a weathershield. General theme at the moment is roughly 75/25 between genuine "my vehicle is broken", and "I'm bored and technically have an exemption that allows me out to shop because I own/drive a truck".

EDIT: I was probably a bit dramatic with my initial ratio...

Last edited:

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you feel the urge to run around without a mask on cussing about your civil rights? Do you find security guard now more sexually attractive ? If not then you will be right :)
Now i feel persecuted. 99% chance its nothing but who'd want to be the sort that didnt get tested and passed it on. Worst part is skipping footie training with the kids but rules are clear. Even a sniffle, stay home

moorey

call me Mia
Sad to say I have to boycott my local cafe, that I go to every day.

Owner is a conspiracy theorist, and we've debated over the years about various things. Its got problematic with covid, as he doesn't accept its real thing, yet still says its caused by 5G. WTF?

He's refused to wear a mask since it came in as mandatory, and clearly some customers either mentioned it to him or complained to authorities.
Today a sign goes up that no staff will be wearing masks, as they all have medical exemptions, and he isn't expecting/requiring customers to wear them either (sorry for the pic, reflection is not my friend).

There's no basis for his medical exemption, I know how fit and healthy he is, and he's never mentioned it until today, only that he refused to wear one. His staff are all a bit new age, and fall into the same boat as :( mask refusers and non believers. Now many regular customers are taking their masks off and saying they won't wear them.

The WORST issue is his elderly father is an awesome dude who helps out in the cafe most days. He accepts covid as real and always wears a mask. He's just come out of remission after cancer treatment, and is very immune compromised. He's going to be the first covid death in Ballarat if anyone infectious comes into the cafe.

This dude can no longer abide. Again, sorry for bad pic.