COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
That's our biggest bug bear about all the dicks protesting about Dan's 'slow' return to normal. We've had our second wave and brought it back under control, we don't want a third, and we sure as hell don't want to follow most of Europe with twice as many cases as the first time around.
Its a worry.

They had a small stint of restrictions and it seemed to work (testing was not working), the second was lockdown, testing was better and everything seemed to be getting better, it was lifted too early and back into lockdown for round 3, now people are not going to get tested. A large majority of the country don't care anymore, they are fed up with the lockdown and have basically given up.

The prospect of getting Covid vs losing their livelihood looks to be an easy decision listening to a lot of them.

Its not as if any of them are doing any better, the whole of the UK and Ireland are all in the same boat.

There are no travel restrictions, just businesses closed and gatherings strictly limited. You can still travel nationwide and walk or ride a bike.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Yeah but the UK/euro did bugger all testing in the first wave, they reckon there was way more cases than was reported.. Estimated 2-3 times many as been reported now..
So hopefully it’s not all doom and gloom and their hospitals won’t get overwhelmed..
My brother-in-law and my step-daughter are living over in London, they're not seeing much definite action. Brother-in-law is saying they were fucked before they started thanks to the big Euro ski resorts

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You guys all just need to surrender your minds. Once you release yourself from the grasp of the fake media control system and embrace the reality that there is no virus, just lies...well the problems seem to just disappear. Or whatever similar crap people are telling themselves.

Do you think there was widespread mistrust and disbelief during the Spanish flu?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Probably some but very low numbers, trust in journalism and newspaper reports was much higher & it took longer for reports to be shared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have posted this before;

Has some newspaper articles from the time and the public debate that was happening..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ seems th government was caught in a position where whatever they did they were criticised. I love that disunity.

ozzybmx

Tassie is open !

Travellers from the low-risk states and territories will be able to travel through Victoria or New South Wales in order to get to the airport or to the Spirit of Tasmania terminal, but they'll only be able to stop for fuel during that journey.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

ozzybmx

Are you Tasmanians that desperate for money?
rAdelaidian here... but I would say the lack of tourist dollars formed part of the decision as well as pressure from states who have already opened borders to Tas.

I am actually surprised we are allowed to drive to Melbourne to get on the boat :oops:

Which I won't be doing anyway.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
rAdelaidian here... but I would say the lack of tourist dollars formed part of the decision as well as pressure from states who have already opened borders to Tas.

I am actually surprised we are allowed to drive to Melbourne to get on the boat :oops:

Which I won't be doing anyway.
^ that's what I mean. It's a long way from any of the "safe" states to the boat. Anything could happen along the way, so why risk it? By all means open up and get the dollars in but do it safely.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
That reads like unwise decision making. Air travel only from the clean states at the exclusion of NSW and Vic would be a better idea. Are you Tasmanians that desperate for money?
Except that the vast majority of flights from Tasmania transit through either Melbourne or Sydney so direct route possibilities are thin on the ground. As for driving to get on the boat, the issue has really been in Melbourne, not regional Vic, so geographically pretty constrained and I think there is a condition that you can only stop for petrol, not for another reason. Policing that might be interesting...

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
I wish I was. Every other country in the world was too.
I desperately want relief for you metro peeps...but I worry. There’s some businesses that still won’t be allowed to operate....for baffling reasons....they are the ones I feel for.
if the other states can manage it, victoria should be able to as well. hopefully dhhs has got their act together and theyve learnt from their mistakes