COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Except that the vast majority of flights from Tasmania transit through either Melbourne or Sydney so direct route possibilities are thin on the ground. As for driving to get on the boat, the issue has really been in Melbourne, not regional Vic, so geographically pretty constrained and I think there is a condition that you can only stop for petrol, not for another reason. Policing that might be interesting...
That may be so, but...I think there could probably a fair bit of flexibility in the aviation industry at the moment. If there was ever a time for them to try flying direct from these other places, now is probably the time.

As for policing the other aspects...hmmmm. People have proven to be very honest thus far.

fellow victorians...its over guys. we made it through!
fucking congrats to us!
Well done you guys.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I've been lucky enough to have the day off work to go in for a minor procedure, both waiting room and recovery room had the same morning news on, must have suffered through 4 hours of the same shit.

They are calling it the second 'Double Doughnut day', zero cases, zero deaths... as they stuff their faces with Krispy Kreme's on camera.

Good to hear all the same.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The covid officer at work is not wearing a mask today. I am in NSW and our government department over managers everything, so it is a good sign you are all now safe.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I’m not seeing compelling evidence that you become immune after catching it.
Why not, so far there are only a couple of handfuls on positive 2nd tests (2 positive test doesn’t mean you had virus twice), likely those people had a false positive, or had one of the other couple of viruses which causes a positive covid19 test, we are only testing a small fragment of viral DNA, replicating it 30-40 times then testing what we have replicated..if we switched to an antibody test we would likely rule out many false positive (or negative test) for that matter

It goes against 75 yrs of immunology that a person would get a 2nd infection from a virus, you cna get flu very year but usually it is a mutated strain, most minimum for re-infection is 12 months, or in the case your infection is so mild and you have the virus for such a short period of time the body does not produce a proper immune response - in this instance..no very far you could get several infections a year.

moorey

call me Mia
Why not, so far there are only a couple of handfuls on positive 2nd tests (2 positive test doesn’t mean you had virus twice), likely those people had a false positive, or had one of the other couple of viruses which causes a positive covid19 test, we are only testing a small fragment of viral DNA, replicating it 30-40 times then testing what we have replicated..if we switched to an antibody test we would likely rule out many false positive (or negative test) for that matter

It goes against 75 yrs of immunology that a person would get a 2nd infection from a virus, you cna get flu very year but usually it is a mutated strain, most minimum for re-infection is 12 months, or in the case your infection is so mild and you have the virus for such a short period of time the body does not produce a proper immune response - in this instance..no very far you could get several infections a year.
You can't call this in the midst of a pandemic, that seems to be mutating already in its short time. There HAVE been people who have tested positive a second time, no false positives/negatives involved.
Your past opinions on this matter suggest to me that you are prone to use dubious sources, and cherry pick parts that suit your narrative. It's simply too early to say either way. You'll note I earlier said COMPELLING evidence. I'm simply saying the jury out. If you say otherwise, I'm calling BS.

FWIW, it is considered highly unlikely that you can have Glandular Fever twice, as you develop 'lifelong immunity'

I have had 2 fully fledged and medically confirmed bouts.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
You can't call this in the midst of a pandemic, that seems to be mutating already in its short time. There HAVE been people who have tested positive a second time, no false positives/negatives involved.
Your past opinions on this matter suggest to me that you are prone to use dubious sources, and cherry pick parts that suit your narrative. It's simply too early to say either way. You'll note I earlier said COMPELLING evidence. I'm simply saying the jury out. If you say otherwise, I'm calling BS.

FWIW, it is considered highly unlikely that you can have Glandular Fever twice, as you develop 'lifelong immunity'

We have no evidence of mutations yet, just speculation mostly by internet keyboard disc jockeys with no qualification medical science, like yourself maybe

how far art was your GF, do you have serology tests to backup your claim? If not I call BS, maybe you had a combo of Epstein Barr, perhaps CMV symptoms are very similar for 4-5 GF type viruses

moorey

call me Mia
We have no evidence of mutations yet, just speculation mostly by internet keyboard disc jockeys with no qualification medical science, like myself

how far art was your GF, do you have serology tests to backup your claim? If not I call BS, maybe you had a combo of Epstein Barr, perhaps CMV symptoms are very similar for 4-5 GF type viruses
Fixed the first part (Oh, I know your claims about working in pathology etc.....but Trumps COVID doctor is an osteopath), still trying to decipher the second part.

I was diagnosed by medical professional both times (blood test from memory). First time I was 8, and spent about 6 months flat on my back. Second was in 2nd year of uni (19yo), I had to defer the year and move back with my parents for a spell.

If you want to refute those diagnosis from YOUR keyboard, fark me, I'm tapping out.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange

My understanding, having also experienced the joy of Glandular Fever, is that once you have the virus it's with you for life. However a properly-functioning immune system is able to keep a lid on it. Relapse can occur if the immune system is suppressed by whatever reason, which allows it to spike.

I've had one full-blown bout, medically confirmed, several mild relapses, and twice returned positive test results when being treated for something else entirely!