COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
New research just out on immunity, pick your favourite source:

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’ve told a porky pie to our kids teacher that we have to get her out of school half an early for a very important reason. Well technically that’s not a lie, because the only booking at the local is from 3-5.
I am so looking forward to that icy cold pot of beer.
Only thing missing will be a cracking band.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I’ve told a porky pie to our kids teacher that we have to get her out of school half an early for a very important reason. Well technically that’s not a lie, because the only booking at the local is from 3-5.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
got mail from kids sports academy that they are having to cut boys numbers by 20% next year due to budget and staff cuts, usual rules were once you got in you are there for up to 5 years until they make a major cull to the kids who have a shot at AFL level, but so many coaching staff and peripheral jobs are gone that just wouldnt work. going to suck for the kids who do get dropped.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Icy cold freedom tastes great too.. Did the same yesterday over lunch..

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yeah like we weren’t before the pubs opened. I reckon the local bottle’os will be able to retire off this pandemic
My local has used the time to do some renos - I reckon I've paid for a fair portion of that thanks to the gigalitres of wanker IPA I've "needed" the last six months.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Earliest time I've managed to get into a pub is 4pm next Friday. Reckon I'll have a "doctor's appointment" or whatever the most plausible sounding bullshit I can think of for that arvo.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Youre going to be bloody thirsty by then ;)

What's the limiting restrictions ?
My local (with bottlo) is less than 100m away. I chose my home thoroughly.

Erm... dunno? Restrictions were pretty tight for the 12 minutes pubs were allowed to be open for last time in terms of distancing, have to be seated, contactless ordering etc. etc. I guess it'll be the same? It's been a madhouse since Wednesday though, like someone flipped a switch (which I guess they kinda did).

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Erm... dunno? Restrictions were pretty tight for the 12 minutes pubs were allowed to be open for last time in terms of distancing, have to be seated, contactless ordering etc. etc. I guess it'll be the same? It's been a madhouse since Wednesday though, like someone flipped a switch (which I guess they kinda did).
I Googled it ;)

All venues in Melbourne will be subject to a 20-person cap indoors, with no more than 10 people in a single indoor space, and no more than one person for every 4 square metres.
  • Patrons must be seated.
  • No more than 10 people can dine per group — groups must be seated 1.5 metres apart.
  • Up to 20 people can dine indoors, with up to 10 people in each separate indoor space and no more than 1 person per 4 square metres.
  • Up to 50 people can dine outdoors, with 1 person per 2 square metres.

We had similar here for a while where you actually had to order food to be able to have a beer at all, then they wanted you moved along quickly to get the next table of people in. They removed all the stools along the bars and had socially distanced places to get served.

The 4m per person was the limiting factor in a lot of places.

As the cases continued to draw zeros, the square meterage and numbers went back to normal... though the socially distancing rules still apply, the 'X's' or corona stickers on the floors still stay and every place of business still has a designated Covid Marshall.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can just order drinks without food but you have to be seated..
Some places let you order at the bar and take back to the table but you have to wear a mask..

I just saw a bloke, who had an obvious tick and probably a few other mental health issues as well, go into the cafe I was in and order takeaway. Mask around his chin and was non stop sticking his fingers in his mouth and rubbing his nose.. But also uncontrollably touching every surface he could in the cafe.. Tables, chairs, walls, you name it.. How the fuck can we possibly stop this happening? The bloke has issues, it’s not like he can could just stop..
What it did highlight is you really don’t want to touch any public surface, ever.. It’s fking gross..

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wagged study on Wednesday and went just after the lunch rush with the boys. Something about the kid and an appointment with few enough details so they would draw their own conclusions. The big local was doing shifts in the front bar and the beer garden. We grabbed a stool in the no mans land in between which it turns out they were keeping for walk ins. They seemed happy to have us around until 8ish. Cheers Melbs

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Taken 30 seconds ago, I'm the only person sitting outside. 25km MTB ride and Friday = Beer o'clock
This is what my diary looks like for tomorrow. Finally :D
How the fuck can we possibly stop this happening? The bloke has issues, it’s not like he can could just stop..
We can't - there will always be some people in the population who don't or can't follow the public health requirements (e.g. those who can't wear masks etc). If everyone else is keeping their distance, wearing their masks, the cafe is cleaning surfaces vigilantly etc, then the risk associated with individual exceptions is minimised. The fact you noticed this now but maybe wouldn't have in the past is the key.