COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Ha, pizzagate, love it.

Still lots of unanswered questions, unless I have missed it. So they are saying the cleaner got the virus from a surface and put us in lockdown as they believed the virus spread via pizza box when this have never happened anywhere in the world and didn’t as the bloke was lying. Did the cleaner get it from a surface or were they in close contact with an active case? Studies are still inconclusive as to catching it from a surface:

Surely contact tracers would check people’s bank statements as most people use cards so could trace their movements via purchases unless they do not have the powers to do so then if they have paid cash use their standard interview process.

More to the story I think but it’s done now...time to move on and get back to kinda normal.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ha, pizzagate, love it.

Still lots of unanswered questions, unless I have missed it. So they are saying the cleaner got the virus from a surface and put us in lockdown as they believed the virus spread via pizza box when this have never happened anywhere in the world and didn’t as the bloke was lying.
Bloke 1 - A security worker from the Peppers QH, worked at the Woodville Pizza bar as delivery dude, he contracted Covid at the hotel and took it to Woodville Pizza.

Bloke 2 - A kitchen worker from the Stamford QH didn't tell them he also worked at the Woodville Pizza bar as delivery dude.

When tracing the Stamford bloke2, he told them he had got a pizza from Woodville Pizza and threw that in there as a possibility how he had got Covid, they then jumped on the fact that it was surface transmitted... 100's of pizzas x 10 days, Lockdown !

The truth was (apparently) he was working cash job at Woodville pizza and had contracted it from his fellow delivery bloke1.

ozzybmx

I knew it would be a "cash job" lie - I knew it!
They haven't officially came out and said those exact words yet but speculation is that's what happened, also saying that bloke2 was told to lie by the Pizza Shop owner.

I believe from what I've read is, bloke2 who told the lies may not have a permanent resident visa yet.

A bit of a mess, bloke2 may have been pressured into it and then the whole thing blew up with lockdown.

ausdb

Being who he is
That would be local craft beers, pale ale is out and we are going back to sours this year now. Or gin. More wanky the better. I sampled a lot of oat/milkshake, violet crumble (insert other crap) porters and stouts over the winter.
Yes, what the fvck is going on with that oatmeal stout I can understand but 'pastry' and whatever stouts bah humbug. Way OT but on post, I thought this winter was a cracker for RIS's there were so many around to try.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Yes, what the fvck is going on with that oatmeal stout I can understand but 'pastry' and whatever stouts bah humbug. Way OT but on post, I thought this winter was a cracker for RIS's there were so many around to try.
Mate recommened belching beaver peanut butter stout. I thought he was taking the piss. He wasn't and it tasted good.

ausdb

Being who he is
Mate recommened belching beaver peanut butter stout. I thought he was taking the piss. He wasn't and it tasted good.
That's funny when I was on my winter RIS quest someone suggested the Deeds Imperial PBS and I thought they were taking the piss too!
Maybe we should take this to the beer thread?

ozzybmx

SA, 1 new case today. Again, someone who was already in quarantine but had previously had 2 negative tests.

"This time last Monday I said that South Australia had to rise to a new challenge to throw everything that we possibly could," he said.
"South Australia has risen to this challenge and we stared down a catastrophic situation."
The one new case is not a risk, Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier said.
"Fortunately this person has been in quarantine since early last week and in fact has already had two negative tests," Professor Spurrier said.
We are not clear yet but its looking pretty good.

In a week or so the whole of Aus could be covid-19 free in the community, until the next quarantine breach :oops:

ozzybmx

It will be back
It will, whilst the world is full of it.

Who's next for the state emergency corona cluster test ? SA seems to have stamped it out... they moved so quick, they didn't have time to fully investigate some of the tall stories but better that than the alternative.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It will, whilst the world is full of it.

Who's next for the state emergency corona cluster test ? SA seems to have stamped it out... they moved so quick, they didn't have time to fully investigate some of the tall stories but better that than the alternative.
I think SA has Dr Dharminy to thank for calling it, more so than it being stamped out. Good result either way

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I think SA has Dr Dharminy to thank for calling it, more so than it being stamped out. Good result either way
Yeah, but now we have pollies on both sides of the fence trying to shore up their political future, by howling that we shouldn't have locked down, cos 'conomy.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

I don't live there, I don't own a business there, blah blah blah, but I think it was the best decision given the information they had
It was. Probably will have will have a few rules in place to make it harder to escape from QH's.

I know quite a few who were sad it ended so quick, they were hoping it went for the full week as they were enjoying the forced break, that mood would have turned pretty quick if it had went longer.

Got a friend in Melbourne whose demeanour has changed so much that she doesn't sound the same anymore, 4 months has devastated her.