COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The problem is that they say lockdown and don’t leave home - yes you can shop if you must but you have to have a mask and deal with the looks - so we shop on a Saturday each week - lots of people would be just trying to do their normal weekly shop - then when they see some one buying extra they buy extra as they don’t want to miss out - and then the next person sees two people buying extra and off it goes.
Go hard, go early!!

Minlak

custom titis
Well I canceled a shuttle day at Maldon on Sunday which personally I consider pretty essential but my moral compass tells me it’s not.
Dunno about the other eleventy billion Victorians that we’re in QLD.
Not having a dig can’t word this well -
You had already traveled prior to announcing lockdown - these are people that have been asked to stay put for 3 days and are fleeing the state -

Jpez

Down on the left!
Not having a dig can’t word this well -
You had already traveled prior to announcing lockdown - these are people that have been asked to stay put for 3 days and are fleeing the state -
Totally get where where you’re coming from. I agree. I don’t think many people will sit tight for 3 days. That’s the standard returned traveller. But like you’ve pointed out there are boat loads of people basically doing a runner and they will give zero fucks.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well I canceled a shuttle day at Maldon on Sunday which personally I consider pretty essential but my moral compass tells me it’s not.
Dunno about the other eleventy billion Victorians that we’re in QLD.
You've done the right thing.

Like minlak points out, the fleeing masses are being cunts. It isn't hard to just kick back for 3 days. Most people waste their lives away like that anyhow.

Minlak

custom titis
Why are the masses being allowed to flee? That's my question....
They explained that the 3 days is really to allow contract tracing and hopefully contain the outbreak to certain locations - if there are any cases longer lockdowns may ensue
HOWEVER you are 100% accurate wtf is the point of a lockdown that lets you travel the entire country

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Why are the masses being allowed to flee? That's my question....
Bust out the tasers!
Fucking fuckers
Fuck the fucking fuckers.

S many people from Sydney holidaying around here at the moment. Lots of venues won't let them in, once discovered. Friends of mine have elderly neighbours who were (apparently) visited by their family from northern beaches over Christmas...during lockdown. Surely that area isn't too hard to lock down? There's so few roads in and out.

Minlak

custom titis
Bust out the tasers!

Fuck the fucking fuckers.

S many people from Sydney holidaying around here at the moment. Lots of venues won't let them in, once discovered. Friends of mine have elderly neighbours who were (apparently) visited by their family from northern beaches over Christmas...during lockdown. Surely that area isn't too hard to lock down? There's so few roads in and out.
Policing a lockdown is super hard - that’s why the majority of people fined or caught are actually dobbed in not located naturally

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Policing a lockdown is super hard - that’s why the majority of people fined or caught are actually dobbed in not located naturally
That many people and so few cops...I know when we were all "stay home and lay low" here I was never hassled when out on the bike, including drinking coffee on park benches etc in front of cops.

The northern beaches would have been a simple matter of a few road blocks provided you do t get confronted by thousands of people.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
That many people and so few cops...I know when we were all "stay home and lay low" here I was never hassled when out on the bike, including drinking coffee on park benches etc in front of cops.

The northern beaches would have been a simple matter of a few road blocks provided you do t get confronted by thousands of people.
Mona Vale rd, the spit bridge, warringah Rd.

It’s literally 3 points of entry/exit if you exclude the water.

We are on the central coast and had dinner in an outdoor venue tonight. They were checking for IDs from Northern Beaches as people have been coming in by boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk