COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Here's a picture of where my brother is currently in quarantine in Xiamen, China. They don't fuck around there, he has to do three weeks before another week in Beijing before starting work for two weeks. I'll be interested to hear his comparison with the Melbourne system when he gets home!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
let's say a place with spread out cabins where people can be contained with outside access, where well trained and equipped staff stay on for X (let's say 21) day FIFO style shifts and are compensated adequately for it (also FIFO style) and are isolated for X days of negative testing before heading back home for X days before their next shift. If I can think of that idea why can't the people in charge?
We just talked about this a few days ago, 2 weeks on, 7 - 10 days quarantine, fully paid similar to mining wages, 2-3 weeks off then back to work. Make it worth peoples while to be working in this shit.

The only problem is Australia is bringing in 5000 a week, where can this amount of people be accommodated centrally.

2 or 3 of those redundant cruise ships petri dishes would go alright.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
My partner is at the supermarket just doing normal shopping and she reckons the panic buying has started already. This is why the human race is fucked. We can’t remember back to only a few months ago that we didn’t actually need a 75 pack of toilet rolls or 7 weeks worth of supplies.
she said there are so many people in there that there are no trolleys.
looneytunes.
woman i bumped into at bacchus marsh said aldi caroline springs was stripped bare with what’s of announcement, and that people were literally running from their cars into the store toilet paper, salads all meat, bread all gone

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My little abode is usually nice and quiet.
Tonight - Two parties, dogs barking, people yelling at said dogs, loud cars burning around.
It's like everyone's just gone mad lol

Going to get out for a nice quite road ride tomorrow
Within 5k and under 2 hours of course lol

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
My little abode is usually nice and quiet.
Tonight - Two parties, dogs barking, people yelling at said dogs, loud cars burning around.
It's like everyone's just gone mad lol

Going to get out for a nice quite road ride tomorrow
Within 5k and under 2 hours of course lol
Same here, neighbours over the back fence having a big shindig.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Should have seen the cars piling into the local bottleo on the way home today
Must be heaps of confidence our leaders have this under control lol
There was a shitload more cars on the princes fwy Geelong bound this arvo.

Heading to holiday homes down the coast and or final catch ups/parties before 1200am