COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I disagree with most of you because I'm a nasty bastard on the no treatment for the covid violators.
I think we need to get them fit and we'll so we can then give them a whopping bill for all the money they have cost the community.

Send the pricks broke and take everything they own, if that's not enough to cover the cost, take most of their pay, dole or whatever, make the bastard homeless after they get out of gaol. Completely destroy their lives until they no longer have anything to live for. Then we all know where it goes from there
they become batman's nemisis?

moorey

call me Mia
I disagree with most of you because I'm a nasty bastard on the no treatment for the covid violators.
I think we need to get them fit and we'll so we can then give them a whopping bill for all the money they have cost the community.

Send the pricks broke and take everything they own, if that's not enough to cover the cost, take most of their pay, dole or whatever, make the bastard homeless after they get out of gaol. Completely destroy their lives until they no longer have anything to live for. Then we all know where it goes from there
You feel the same about all smokers, drinkers, unhealthy eaters, drug addicts….mountain bikers without private health….

safreek

You feel the same about all smokers, drinkers, unhealthy eaters, drug addicts….mountain bikers without private health….
I don't really get your point, all the above dont intentionally spread a sickness that effects whole communities, even drunken wife beaters don't shut whole communities down.
Yes, alcohol abuse is an insidious blight on mankind and is a major cause of hospital admissions, probably the most destructive thing in our society that the government allows. To be honest it destroys innocent as well as the drinkers life.
Smokers, unhealthy eaters, drug addicts really only destroy the person who is doing it, some drug addicts destroy innocent people's lives but not to the extent of alcohol.
Mountain bikers, well, yeah I agree they spread a sickness, but a good sickness.

Don't get me started on vegan farts though

moorey

call me Mia
I don't really get your point, all the above dont intentionally spread a sickness that effects whole communities, even drunken wife beaters don't shut whole communities down.
Yes, alcohol abuse is an insidious blight on mankind and is a major cause of hospital admissions, probably the most destructive thing in our society that the government allows. To be honest it destroys innocent as well as the drinkers life.
Smokers, unhealthy eaters, drug addicts really only destroy the person who is doing it, some drug addicts destroy innocent people's lives but not to the extent of alcohol.
Mountain bikers, well, yeah I agree they spread a sickness, but a good sickness.

Don't get me started on vegan farts though
My wife is an ICU nurse. If we got rid of smoking, drinking and fast food, the hospital would be a ghost town.
My point relates directly to yours….people clog up the medical system as a result of poor choices they’ve made, and rarely pay a cent of the billions of dollars in fallout.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Look out, Sydney! The unhealthy and unvaccinated of Western NSW are coming to clog a hospital near you because some of you lot wouldn't stay the fuck at home...and we don't have any ICUs out here.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Look out, Sydney! The unhealthy and unvaccinated of Western NSW are coming to clog a hospital near you because some of you lot wouldn't stay the fuck at home...and we don't any ICUs out here.
This is the real concern, regional centres in the states generally cannot cope if the virus takes hold, add in grey gonads and the issue gets nasty quickly.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Agree on all the above except alcohol - enough money from my wanker IPA purchases goes to the gummint as taxes. Everything else can get taxed to oblivion though, especially <redacted> gambling.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
How come whenever people yell about draconian COVID restrictions they always say it's a Labor thing? Steven Marshall's making 'Dictator' Dan look like fucking Ferris Bueller at the moment!

Olympian quarantine: A cruel decision by a Covidiot state (theage.com.au)
Extending quarantine for an additional 14 days for anyone coming via Sydney was announced a while back after our (well managed) delta incursion which came from an 81yo man who caught it while I'm transit from Sydney (either in hospital or the airport) after serving his full 14 days.
A well planned Olympic return wouldn't have come via Sydney so the athletes can blame their own sporting bodies/coaches/handlers/travel agents

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Extending quarantine for an additional 14 days for anyone coming via Sydney was announced a while back after our (well managed) delta incursion which came from an 81yo man who caught it while I'm transit from Sydney (either in hospital or the airport) after serving his full 14 days.
So? South Australia have already taken otherwise healthy people and infected them in hotel quarantine. Do we just lock them up for ever?

The biggest problem we’ve had in Australia is politicians not listening to medical advice. Gladys B is a famous example but so is this.
It’s a nonsensical kneejerk reaction that exists purely to suck up to scared idiot voters.
It’s ridiculous given the vaccination status and amount of testing done on these athletes and the fact that they’d be transferring straight from HQ to the airport. Fuck, do you think they’re all going to hit up the ‘Cross when they get out?

Given how much our local pollies love to piggyback off the success of our Olympic athletes, it’s also an utter cunts act.

Do you think the recent lockdowns across almost every state would have gone quite as smoothly if we didn’t have the Olympics on? The poor buggers have spent months dealing with the stress of whether or not the games would go ahead, the stress of competing itself and then the stress of getting back home.

To come out with this shit as policy when there are so many other level-headed mature ways of handling it, is embarrassing.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Where's. That. F***ing. Sugar. Tax.
I used to love lemon butter as a kid. Re-visited it as an adult, and thought how did I ever like that sickly sweet shit? A friend just made a batch with our massive excess of lemons, but decided to halve the sugar in the recipe. Yum. Just like I remember. Can't get enough of it now.

The amount of processed produce that they unnecessarily fill with sugar is sickening, figuratively and literally.

safreek

My wife is an ICU nurse. If we got rid of smoking, drinking and fast food, the hospital would be a ghost town.
My point relates directly to yours….people clog up the medical system as a result of poor choices they’ve made, and rarely pay a cent of the billions of dollars in fallout.
I thought you may have misunderstood what I said. I'm not talking about the hospital bills, they are bugger all and every person In Australia deserves the best we can give.
I am talking about the cost of the lockdowns, the cost to business, the enforcement of laws and all that.
I am only a very small business but this weeks lock down has cost me a pretty large sum of money, the retirement village that I was booked to work has cancelled because they don't want outsiders in there, good on them for protecting residents.
As also stated by someome else, these clowns should be held liable for any deaths.

If people don't know they have covid I give them some slack but this Sydney sider dropped his covid infected wife at the hospital before making a decision that covid does not exist and then proceeded to drive through the countryside possibly killing people. Someone like this has no right to have a pleasant life, I also don't understand why the young adult children of his are not being demonised, they knew what was going on