COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
If only the there was some benefit for being double vaxxed. Like, I don't know.. being able to go to a 25km radius instead of 5.
This is a really common argument and a seemingly difficult concept to grasp.

You can still catch it and pass it around despite your vaccine. Like masks and distancing, the restrictions is as much or more about others as it is about yourself.

There is a benefit to getting the Vax - that you're better protected from severe symptoms and that we're all closer to getting let out. "What's the point if I don't get Moar freedoms" is not super productive.

(I'd like to see some extra bonuses for those of us that have given it a fair crack too, but relaxing stuff for the vaxxed isn't the best idea and isnt really fair when a good chunk of the population havnt been allowed to get it till recently. Give us our $300 )

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have my second AZ a couple of days ago. Right or wrong I was under the opinion that for most the second AZ had few side effects unlike Pfizer.

Like the first the process was smooth and easy, arrived 10 mins early wandered up and checked in on the app, then checked in at the temporary vaccination desk. Took a seat in the waiting area as the chairs were being wiped down from the previous occupants. Called in a minute or two later. Had the process explained to me again and was asked about side effects from dose 1. These were entered into some database. Was told that I could expect similar or lighter side effects this time and very rarely does anyone have a worse reaction. Nurse told me his experience of jab 2 vs jab 1.

Injection happened without any feeling this time of goo being injected and off to wait outside for 15minutes. Then drove home via a Korean chicken place where wifey and I had some dead animal and kimchee.

Checked my gov this morning, after adding medicare to the portfolio. Site only crashed 3 times in the process. All recorded and certified as a 5G network.

moorey

call me Mia
Newly Released Suspension & Components General right now is about as derailed as it gets with drug use, rectal exams and fucking horse dancing all in the last 2 pages and what's even more shocking is that YOU haven't even been involved!!! :oops::eek:
What’s a new component or suspension?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
AZ dose interval in Vic reduced from 12 to 6 weeks as of today. Just re-booked my second to bring it forward to 8 weeks.
I checked about this yesterday too, we were the original 12 weeks. As expected it was to get quick benefit and all vaccines will likely have boosters in coming months.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt

You can still catch it and pass it around despite your vaccine. Like masks and distancing, the restrictions is as much or more about others as it is about yourself.

There is a benefit to getting the Vax - that you're better protected from severe symptoms and that we're all closer to getting let out. "What's the point if I don't get Moar freedoms" is not super productive.

Lot of people are missing the fact that vaccines are great at preventing ICU type hospital visits, but hospital admissions are still very high.
A vaccine is not stopping the virus from spreading and we won't suddenly be drinking Bin Tang's in Bali

Reactions: D2R

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I checked about this yesterday too, we were the original 12 weeks. As expected it was to get quick benefit and all vaccines will likely have boosters in coming months.
Yeah I didn't want to re-book all the way down to 6 week interval as evidence still suggests longer interval is better for efficacy, but it'd also be nice to be double dosed this side of Summer.

I get the impression that Vic has done it to remove the interval calculus from people's thinking around AZ vs Pfizer - i.e. sitting around waiting another month to get a Pfizer appointment because "I'll still be double dosed sooner than if I get AZ tomorrow".

And yeah, if we're all going to be having boosters in 6-8 months anyway then maybe the efficacy question is less pertinent.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Lot of people are missing the fact that vaccines are great at preventing ICU type hospital visits, but hospital admissions are still very high.
A vaccine is not stopping the virus from spreading and we won't suddenly be drinking Bin Tang's in Bali
Pretty much this, having a high enough percentage of the population vaccinated means that our limited number of ICU beds aren't overrun when we let loose. You'll still pass it on, you'll still get sick from it but hopefully if you get really sick there'll be a bed available for you to not die in.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
But I’m ok to drink Chang in thailand?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

(I'd like to see some extra bonuses for those of us that have given it a fair crack too, but relaxing stuff for the vaxxed isn't the best idea and isnt really fair when a good chunk of the population havnt been allowed to get it till recently. Give us our $300 )

Most recent robust studies show vaccinated people are half as likely to transmit delta than unvaxxed.. See smart vaccine scientist here;

I’m not saying let the vaxxed do as they please, but the often quoted statement fully vaxxed people can catch it and spread it requires context. Vaxxed and unvaxxed spread covid very differently..

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Every time people raise the SKYROCKETING suicide rates, I ask them to google that. It just isn't lining up. Goes up and down a little, but certainly not trending up.
Mental health, yes. Domestic assault, yes.
I understand you're kind of a big thing in govt stats? Am I looking at wrong suicide graphs?
Yeah agree it’s not skyrocketing overall, but there has been a rise in teenage girls suicides.. Whether it is a trend or just normal fluctuations i’m not sure and no expert..

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Yeah agree it’s not skyrocketing overall, but there has been a rise in teenage girls suicides.. Whether it is a trend or just normal fluctuations i’m not sure and no expert..

i put that down to Harry Styles hooking up with Olivia Wilde