COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So what is the deal with this new variant?
Get told is super bad borders shut everywhere quickly
Reading symptoms are more mild in healthy people
Reading elderly with co-morbidities most at risk
Get told resistant to vaccine - reading mild symptoms in those vaccinated and or healthy
Stock market suffers from the announcements
We were getting told that borders are opening and no more lockdowns for the borders to snap shut and talk of lockdowns
Sigh - I think I preferred when Cricket was Sexting and the headlines cared more about that than covid!
Here is my take on this…

None of our governments have had a clue when it comes to dealing with covid or formulating plans. I would argue that the Feds have done the worst job since there were only two parts they had control over and fucked both.

Some states like us have been incredibly lucky and some similarly unlucky and I put Vic in that category, nothing seemed to work in Vic’s favour and I will ignore the fucktards who were more important than the rules, they were everywhere. Tas has had the benefit of a big isolation zone and WA and SA the benefit of population density and ‘why would anyone go there’ (sarcasm font).

The opening up seems to be knee jerk from everyone and I don’t know if it is simply because Gladys let the dogs out and therefore no one had any control any more or it was just fuck it close enough. NZ showed that elimination is not practicable.

Just about everyone I know is of the opinion that we are all going to get it one way or another so vax up. Interestingly I had some different feedback from the UK from friend’s daughters and their partners (all vaxxed). They are being careful to mask up and avoid crowds etc more in the hope that they don’t pass covid onto aged relatives than selfishness.

The decisions on Omicron are no different, fuck it is in South Africa let’s lock them out and continue on our merry way. Omicron won’t get here. But it was here already before the Feds had that brain fart. Data this morning suggests that the initial fears of Omicron and the vax were unfounded but what is it? 5 days? Time will tell. Having said that there was no way that the governments here were going to back track on their commitments to open up. Looks like the Toowoomba facility might actually get some use though.

As for us, we expect the cases to rise after the grand opening and expect that things will get ugly. Uglier even. You only have to compare what is happening in other countries with similar vax rates and open slather on travel. UK has a more dense population (!) but there are similarities with density in cities. New cases and deaths are an indicator of what we are going to see. Other countries too will show things can still get out of hand quickly and that is without Omicron or Lambda or Zeta etc etc.

Minlak

custom titis
I was reading an article yesterday a kind of retort from South African labs - They were explaining that they made people aware of it ages ago and it did not start in South Africa it is just their labs are very advanced for detection etc due to years of dealing with AIDS and other virus's in pandemic proportions. Could have been circulating for ages they were just the first labs to test for it.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I was reading an article yesterday a kind of retort from South African labs - They were explaining that they made people aware of it ages ago and it did not start in South Africa it is just their labs are very advanced for detection etc due to years of dealing with AIDS and other virus's in pandemic proportions. Could have been circulating for ages they were just the first labs to test for it.
Probably only half true. Countries like Australia are pretty much continuously sequencing. That's how we have been able to identify chains of transmission and sources of infection.

Jpez

Down on the left!

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
They’re just ones that have admitted it or bothered getting tested. I imagine the actual number is much higher.
yep. would love to know that number. i think it would be interesting. Could be used to determine viability of sporting events, festivals etc.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
yep. would love to know that number. i think it would be interesting. Could be used to determine viability of sporting events, festivals etc.
Just go to the healing crystal page on your interwebz and find it ? Sure those that have had it, got it and not been tested are factored in the precise numbers :D

I'm "spouting" facts, based on objective data published by the UK government on the internet. Those facts are published by people living with it too. I don't need to know anyone in the UK to be able to form an accurate and objective view of what is happening in the UK. Surely you understand this, right? The internet is full of legitimate data. I'm not pulling this stuff from Facebook groups about crystal healing or out of my arse. Are you really going to go down the path of suggesting that someone cant get trustworthy, accurate information from the internet, ever?