COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
With SA open, Tassie and QLD following soon, this may be an issue for the people who have had the vid and recovered as they can still test positive for anything from weeks to months afterwards.

@SAHealth I need to enter SA. I recently recovered from COVID. I have been cleared by Vic DHS to leave quarantine, confirmed not infectious. GP and Vic DHS advised that I'll return positive PCR for months, so can't comply with neg test result 72 hours before arrival. Please help!
The UK did mention at one stage they were considering covid antibodies gained from catching the virus, in a certain range would be as acceptable as vaccination, have searched but cant find the article.

Jpez

Down on the left!
With SA open, Tassie and QLD following soon, this may be an issue for the people who have had the vid and recovered as they can still test positive for anything from weeks to months afterwards.

The UK did mention at one stage they were considering covid antibodies gained from catching the virus, in a certain range would be as acceptable as vaccination, have searched but cant find the article.
We’ve got a QLD trip planned for Xmas and tassie shortly after and was advised by the health dept to get a letter from the doctor in case. Sounds sketchy to me but all I can do is that and cross my fingers.

ozzybmx

We’ve got a QLD trip planned for Xmas and tassie shortly after and was advised by the health dept to get a letter from the doctor in case. Sounds sketchy to me but all I can do is that and cross my fingers.
Yes I suppose that's the only way ahead.

Would you get a PCR test anyway ? Just in case you are testing negative after a few weeks ?

You would need that Docs letter anyway as a back up.

The UK mentioned something about antibodies in a scale of 80-300 (not sure what this measures, we'll call it apples)

300 being something about the average or maximum antibody count just after recovering, which halves approximately every 100 days, then 80 being the minimum of when your antibody count is basically back to useless again.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Yes I suppose that's the only way ahead.

Would you get a PCR test anyway ? Just in case you are testing negative after a few weeks ?

You would need that Docs letter anyway as a back up.

The UK mentioned something about antibodies in a scale of 80-300 (not sure what this measures, we'll call it apples)

300 being something about the average or maximum antibody count just after recovering, which halves approximately every 100 days, then 80 being the minimum of when your antibody count is basically back to useless again.
TBH I haven’t gotten that far with it. My missus asked the question during one of her interviews so it was just a pleb that told us that. I will need to dig a bit deeper but I’d obviously do whatever needs to be done to get that tick of approval. If I got denied travel because of it I will cry. For a long time.

ozzybmx

TBH I haven’t gotten that far with it. My missus asked the question during one of her interviews so it was just a pleb that told us that. I will need to dig a bit deeper but I’d obviously do whatever needs to be done to get that tick of approval. If I got denied travel because of it I will cry. For a long time.
Same here, we are now 12 days from the Tassie departure. No one is excited, nothing planned, nothing organised apart from the boat.

Going to have to start reading up on required paperwork to enter Tassie as its approaching fast.

Still not holding out much hope as we need to stay low risk for another 12 days.

Worst case scenario is getting to Tassie and a cluster flaring up in SA after we arrive. Tas Gov then saying, anyone who has been in SA in the past 7 days, needs to quarantine for 14 days :oops:

PJO

in me vL comy
Same here, we are now 12 days from the Tassie departure. No one is excited, nothing planned, nothing organised apart from the boat.

Going to have to start reading up on required paperwork to enter Tassie as its approaching fast.

Still not holding out much hope as we need to stay low risk for another 12 days.

Worst case scenario is getting to Tassie and a cluster flaring up in SA after we arrive. Tas Gov then saying, anyone who has been in SA in the past 7 days, needs to quarantine for 14 days :oops:
Does camping in a tent at Derby count as quarantine??

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Knowing how a family member becoming close contact stuffed our holiday plans, I'd be laying as low as possible until you get away for the trip.
To be honest before our next trip or important event we'll probably self quarantine before hand to avoid such a stuff around again. But at least the close contact rules have been relaxed a little recently, so a slightly lower potential to stuff plans up.

ozzybmx

Knowing how a family member becoming close contact stuffed our holiday plans, I'd be laying as low as possible until you get away for the trip.
To be honest before our next trip or important event we'll probably self quarantine before hand to avoid such a stuff around again. But at least the close contact rules have been relaxed a little recently, so a slightly lower potential to stuff plans up.
There is not much to lay low from here in SA yet though we dont do much anyway usually.

Does camping in a tent at Derby count as quarantine??
You cannot self quarantine in a caravan/campsite ect... I could at short notice if I could find one, get myself a stand alone AirBnB for 2 weeks.

Hoping that after the 15th when Tassie borders open, they just need us to get tested and quarantine till a negative result.

Being forced to head to Gov quarantine accommodation could be expensive.

The following are not accepted as suitable premises for quarantine unless in exceptional circumstances and approved by the Deputy State Controller:

• Commercial accommodation providers that are not stand alone properties (e.g. hotel rooms)
  • Accommodation with shared facilities in non-private settings (e.g. caravan parks, youth hostels, boarding homes, group homes, single rooms in AirBnB properties)
If you do not have a suitable premises for quarantine, you may be required to quarantine in government-managed accommodation, fees can apply see Quarantine for more details.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
For your sake, I sincerely hope the rest of my banana bending cohort roll up their sleeves in time!

At less than 80% DD, those arriving from hotspots can arrive by air only and must home quarantine for 14 days with testing on days 1, 5 and 12.

Once we hit 80% then it's just a -ve test within 72 hours of arrival. About bloody time, too.

At the same time it's a bit shitty for QLDers wanting to head into NSW for a weekend away. We can't get a -ve test here, piss off to Byron for the weekend and get back in with that -ve test within 72 hours. We have to get a -ve test result in NSW before we can come home!

Jpez

Down on the left!
For your sake, I sincerely hope the rest of my banana bending cohort roll up their sleeves in time!

View attachment 383568

At less than 80% DD, those arriving from hotspots can arrive by air only and must home quarantine for 14 days with testing on days 1, 5 and 12.

Once we hit 80% then it's just a -ve test within 72 hours of arrival. About bloody time, too.

At the same time it's a bit shitty for QLDers wanting to head into NSW for a weekend away. We can't get a -ve test here, piss off to Byron for the weekend and get back in with that -ve test within 72 hours. We have to get a -ve test result in NSW before we can come home!
I think the projection for 80% dbl vaxxed is 17th December I’ve realised our trip is late Jan so barring some knee jerking over the new variant we should be right with that.

ozzybmx

barring some knee jerking over the new variant we should be right with that.
Yep, with the Chrissy rush of visitors, knee jerk decisions and sorting out of protocols, they should have everything ironed out by then.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Have you started the language courses yet @ozzybmx?

How is the sense of taste and general recovery going @Jpez?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That would be bliss. I considered moving there a few years ago. I decided against it as peak tourism (and likely peak work) time when I am normally in the snow. Oh well.