COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
P2 mask????

They work.
I did not get covid from my work adventures. Someone standing next to me did.
He recalls wearing a surgical mask. I had a 3M N95/P2 on
I couldn't be sure, most likely a surgical mask. I use whatever single use options we have on hand at the time and change frequently. I'm very confident it's from the wedding I worked on Saturday night as others from the team are also positive. I don't like wearing the cloth reusable masks, I find them oppressive and they make my already difficult voice even harder for people to understand.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I wonder how they picked 11 days? Put government picked 7 and that seemed pretty random.
Experience and erring on the side of caution. 11 days is likely how long it takes for the average person to recover from infection and no longer be infectious.
Our government picked 7 days because because they want people back at work ASAP.

Hope you recover quickly, Poods.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
They don't work very well unfortunately.

And they don't do anything
Youre thinking in absolutes. Mask compliance among a high percentage of the population is the key more than what kind of mask you use.

Realistically they're all pretty useless given so many people just aren't wearing anything..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You don't need to tell them when you feel better. Ham it up!
Bummer about the trip though.
I'm 50/50 on the trip. Luckily for me it's not a set thing such as a lengthy multi stage race, so if the Canadians will have me...I shall impose.

As for work, being a causal I'm kind of compelled to return eventually. The authorities have really tightened their criteria for dishing out cash.

They don't work very well unfortunately.
Which is pretty odd as that is what seems to be the ppe given to hospital staff around here. Or so I am lead to believe by friends working there.

Given I have also just had my booster I am looking forward to the rumoured super immunity I wi develop.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Friends of ours picked up the vid at a caravan park after new year, the whole family getting symptoms and testing positive on the 17th Jan, 10 days later they are free (28th or Yesterday)... went to the TDU Festival of Cycling XCC last night and met them there.

They said all 5 of them felt shitty for a day or so then used the 10 day iso to re-tile their pool.

Their son, best mates with my boy came second in the U17's, 8 days after having corona.

Minlak

custom titis
Friends of ours picked up the vid at a caravan park after new year, the whole family getting symptoms and testing positive on the 17th Jan, 10 days later they are free (28th or Yesterday)... went to the TDU Festival of Cycling XCC last night and met them there.

They said all 5 of them felt shitty for a day or so then used the 10 day iso to re-tile their pool.

Their son, best mates with my boy came second in the U17's, 8 days after having corona.
Not an anti corona post - please don't cancel me -
For the vast majority of people it really is a non event -

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not an anti corona post - please don't cancel me -
For the vast majority of people it really is a non event -
Shit up @Minlak!!! You wouldn't know pain if it kicked you in the lower back!!! This thing is absolutely unearable...I'm practically a prisoner of the NSW Gestapo health department. The suffering is unbearable. Back pain is print compared to this. Any chance you can post me some endone please?

Still symptom free. Wishing those with a serious case all the best and a swift recovery.

I've recently heard that the vaccine destroys the part of your DNA that gives you empathy.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Not sure if posted but dropping QR code requirements for retail and density limits up in SA. They are trying to make everything as normal as possible. Hmm. Agree on the QR as a few people we know who have had it had no sms to say they were at a site so don’t think they are using them as much.

Relying on people with symptoms to test and isolate. Ha. That will work.

https://indaily.com.au/news/2022/01...d-for-hospitality-qr-codes-dumped-for-retail/

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am writing to inform you that a member of the School community with whom your son may have had contact in the last couple of days has tested positive to COVID-19.

who could have seen this coming? not the work experience premier past the $ signs he worships. 2nd day of school and we're here already

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I am writing to inform you that a member of the School community with whom your son may have had contact in the last couple of days has tested positive to COVID-19.

who could have seen this coming? not the work experience premier past the $ signs he worships. 2nd day of school and we're here already
I sent my 2 to school today, the first day back for SA schools.

Only year 8 and 12 started today, years 9, 10 and 11 start in 2 weeks UNLESS your parents are both essential workers, which we are.

Year 11 boy comes home, he's the only year 11 there. Year 10 boy comes home, he has 4-5 mates there so hes happy.

Will keep the oldest at home tomorrow as he is a self starter and will do school work from home.

The other messer, he's going to school as he wont do any work unless someone is standing over him.

They are all in a big assembly hall, doing online learning with their laptops with no direct teacher instruction.