COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Got home late last night. Went to supermarket for first time in ages for basics.

FFS....I fucking hate people.
Vicious cycle.

When you eventually find a supermarket with stock, you'll stock up ? Buy more than usual ?

Because it will happen again next week and probably harder to find next time.

We have not 'stocked anything but with the way stupid is going, we might have to join stupid

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
What suburb? Adelaides as normal, peaceful, supermarkets stocks as is. Market was fine, everyone doing the hand santisiser etc.
Not normal in the suburbs, went past Aldi Hawthorn cars lined up out of the car park and down the street, wife was in Blackwood and same with the Coles up there. Might try tomorrow as need to grab a few things for the week ahead.

Not sure if I should freak out or just carry on, so much misinformation out there.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Vicious cycle.

When you eventually find a supermarket with stock, you'll stock up ? Buy more than usual ?

We have not 'stocked anything but with the way stupid is going, we might have to join stupid
Stupid is as stupid does.....

moorey

call me Mia
Vicious cycle.

Nope. Found small supermarket with tons of our favs soy milk. Bought 6, told kids to use sparingly. We usually but 24-36 at a time.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not normal in the suburbs, went past Aldi Hawthorn cars lined up out of the car park and down the street, wife was in Blackwood and same with the Coles up there. Might try tomorrow as need to grab a few things for the week ahead.
Same, missus went to Blackwood Aldi and Foodland today, only able to get Steak from Aldi, no other meat in any of them at 2pm today. Butcher visit tomorrow.

Boom King

Same, missus went to Blackwood Aldi and Foodland today, only able to get Steak from Aldi, no other meat in any of them at 2pm today. Butcher visit tomorrow.
South Melbourne Market butchers were all shut by early arvo today due to lack of meat!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Holy hell:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...n-uk-us-australia-italy-europe-global-economy

UK over-70s to be asked to self isolate for up to four months
Here is some from Hancock’s announcement earlier. He said requesting all over 70-year-olds to self-isolate is a “very big ask”, but is a measure which is for their own “self-protection”.
In the coming weeks, over 70’s will be asked to self-isolate for up to four months, in order to protect them from the virus, he told Sky’s Sophy Ridge on Sunday.
This thing is a thing.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
South Melbourne Market butchers were all shut by early arvo today due to lack of meat!
It's bizarre, my 2-3 local supermarkets all had plenty of meat/fresh fruit and veg...but if you wanted pasta ,flour, cereal, tinned tomatoes/soup/beans, passatta, cake mix, rice, long life milk, soap and not to mention any paper products you were going to be dissappointed.

Boom King

It's bizarre, my 2-3 local supermarkets all had plenty of meat/fresh fruit and veg...but if you wanted pasta ,flour, cereal, tinned tomatoes/soup/beans, passatta, cake mix, rice, long life milk, soap and not to mention any paper products you were going to be dissappointed.
It's a clusterfuck as they say....

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Vicious cycle.

That's the problem with panic buying (same as runs on the bank, etc), it becomes irrational to NOT join in.

Abstaining won't stop others from hoarding, it will only leave you without what you need. The art is seeing the signs early, taking risks and getting ahead of the curve. The risks are that you've misread the signs and act without cause. But the costs of over-reacting are far less than the costs of under-reacting.

Next phase - if the countries that supply us with refined petroleum products close down refineries or the vessels that bring them don't make the journey, Australia has less than 7 days strategic reserve.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere

Not sure if I should freak out or just carry on, so much misinformation out there.
Spent last 4 days in the adelaide cbd and it was so peaceful. Outer burbs were busier than the inner diamond.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Exactly what's happening. I'm guilty of buying a 25kg sack of malt grain and some hops and yeast.

I should be good for a few months. ;)
I picked up 25kg of Voyager Pale and 25kg of Veloria. Also 1kg each of light and dark crystal and 350gm of Amarillo, Ella, MAgnum and Goldings.

Bring on quarantine. I'm keen to get a brown ale, porter and dank IPA ready for the winter