COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

tobbogonist

a registered member
Had quite a few customers blaming it on the Chinese today, has only started happening since Trump referred to the virus as such. One lady told me Chinese are scum and another said we need Pauline Hanson in power 'she the only one with the balls to do anything'. So people are happy to be outwardly racist now.
House inspection coming up Tuesday, I have requested they wear face masks and maintain distance when inspecting as my partner works in disability with high risk clients, I'm gunna be on the couch in my undies :)

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
we've decided the kids are staying home today. we found it a bit worrying that my son was told another school shut down (turns out just for the day) after a teacher was in contact with a later confirmed case and we couldn't find anything on line about it. Later confirmed through a parent from the kids football team that this happened.
Aren't you CBR based? that is the exact story we heard overnight about a teacher at ours.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
...or that the demand for iron ore is likely to be subdued for a while.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I dunno about iron ore. If we’re to believe what China are saying it looks like they’re seeing a turning point in infections. Certainly because they were the first country affected, they’ll most likely have a big head start in recovery and whilst the rest of the world will still be fighting this I’d imagine they’d be going all out in trying to restart their economy which may mean an increase in demand.

I dare say they might even come out of this in a stronger position globally (relatively speaking) than before.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Sooooooo - We implement Isolation rules - However due to panic buying we also cancel all ways of shopping for food online - we couldnt get and order until Tuesday anyway - Now we cant get an order at all - We cant go out and get our own - this is going to go downhill fast

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Good vid for all of us:
yes & no, whilst some hardy bacteria could last up to 9 days virus weakens after 24, all dead by 72, most transmission still by direct resp droplets thru direct person - person...if we were seeing high fomite transmission our infection numbers would b much higher

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Had quite a few customers blaming it on the Chinese today, has only started happening since Trump referred to the virus as such.
Actually this has bee happening since he start. Apparently it was a bio-weapons lab leak or an attempt at population control or a method to disrupt global economy or some other form of espionage...there's no shortage of stupid ideas. Oh there is also a lot of blaming Chinese-Australians for buying all the toilet paper and mailing it to China. I guess all the mince as mailed to China as well? People are people...often stupidity is the go to mode.

But I'd agree that Trump's latest round of garbage strengthens their commitment to stupid

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
yes & no, whilst some hardy bacteria could last up to 9 days virus weakens after 24, all dead by 72, most transmission still by direct resp droplets thru direct person - person...if we were seeing high fomite transmission our infection numbers would b much higher
So like shaking hands & touching your face like explained in the video?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sooooooo - We implement Isolation rules - However due to panic buying we also cancel all ways of shopping for food online - we couldnt get and order until Tuesday anyway - Now we cant get an order at all - We cant go out and get our own - this is going to go downhill fast
Pushy's keep sending me spam about thier mad deals...

Sounds shit man. Have you guys got se friends/family near by that can drop some groceries off?