COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
All seedlings gone at our local Bunnings and Nursery too.

Preparing more beds for veggies today as well and building a wood storage shed for firewood. Greenhouse project may be sped up, but still a month until frost hits.

Seed propagation is possible with a bit of TLC. We get tube stock trays from our local tip shop and fill them with seed raising mix, then plant out when seedlings are established.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
The PM isn't happy about the idea. They are arguing about it now. Who knows what the result will be.
Seems like Dan and Gladys aren't too concerned with what Scotty thinks. The State Governments have to make their own decisions as they run the States. Vic and NSW will be shutting down no matter.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Define "we"? You are talking to the idiots I hope.

We wouldn't need to do this without the idiots, not to this extent.

The world economy was up the shit anyway - something else would have tipped it over the edge.
I mean "we" as a global polity.

Normative judgements can't really be applied to slum dwellers who live hand to mouth and have to work day in and day out. You could say the same about the poor in the US/EU/anywhere.

If it was up the shit before, it's been dumped into the Chernobyl sarcophagus now.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Info is a bit dated, Aunty is reporting NSW at 533 now...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-22/nsw-coronavirus-cases-rise-beyond-500/12079208

NSW Health said several new diagnoses of COVID-19 had occurred among backpackers in the Bondi area.
It is warning that some new cases in Bondi are linked to two parties last weekend.
People who attended the Boogie Wonderland party at the Bucket List bar in Bondi and another event at Club 77 in Darlinghurst on March 15 are urged to be alert for symptoms.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
The Vic government have made an arse of this closure of non-essential businesses. By not clarifying whether the likes of Bunnings or the bottle shops are going to be open they've just created more panic buying. I've seen loads of photos from Dan Murphy's around Melbourne and their packed with social-distancing thrown out the window.
All the organized crime outfits will be jumping on the bandwagon as well because if the government are truly daft enough to close the bottle-os, they'll effectively be creating prohibition and we saw how well that worked out last time!

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
PM on the telly now - shutting stuff down, pubs, clubs, places of worship, cafes and restaurants are take away only... Scomo and the premiers are pissed off with the fuckwits being cavalier with the social distancing requirements.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Yes handling it exactly like he handled the bushfires. He's letting the "states" make the decisions so he doesn't have to.

Typical limp dick leadership.

All well and good to double job seeker payments and access to super but like the bushfires victims they either will have long delays or won't see the money at all.

The organisation that delivers the payments are understaffed and underequipped to process the claims and payments.

They don't have them means to train 5000 new staff and once schools close or they get infected as they're taking sweet fuck all measures to protect their staff then they wont have even a quarter of the staff they need to manage the current demand.

I wonder how the poor bushfire victims are going?? All those donations to red cross etc will now be 100% spent on staff an they wont see a dollar
Are you aware how Federation works? He's a tool but he clearly does...if you tell him otherwise and he acts on that (even though he can't but his bosses will try) then more fool you...

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rent in an affluent area and took the family for walkies around the block today just to break the monotony of staying home and to try and be a bit active. Wife wanted a coffee and as we got to the local place found it was packed with about 30 people. Me and kids stayed outside around the corner while wife went in to place a takeaway order. A couple walking by were just amazed that everyone in there would think what they are doing is fine. The lady behind the counter even mentioned that maybe they should start getting people to sit further apart and even suggest to people to get their coffee takeaway. Then another dude pulled up and parked on yellow lines at a stopped sign just past a bus stop and got out to go get his coffees. There are a lot of very old wealthy people around here who are about to learn a hard life lesson I think. It's a rich persons bondi beach.

I find it ironic that the queensland government has an ad on spotify at the moment about how spending time outdoors with people is great for your mental health.

For something to watch here is Professor Ian Frazer (invented HPV vaccine) talking about the virus -