COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So...schools all closed in Vic now by order of state government. Wife was just speaking to friend in the education dept....and says that apparently they are being pressured federally to reopen. If true....what a clustercuss :rolleyes:
They just announced they are open to kids of essential services and disadvantaged homes. Sensible decision in my books. Before and after school care would usually sort this out where I am but maybe not everywhere else.

safreek

If we are going to let the old die, I think they should let the unfit and obese die as well. Just let the fit ones who have more chance of survival into the emergency wards;)

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If we are going to let the old die, I think they should let the unfit and obese die as well. Just let the fit ones who have more chance of survival into the emergency wards;)
My neighbour is in her 40’s in reasonable shape but has a pace maker.. No pace maker she is dead real quick. Her surgeon rang her and told her to go over the top with her families higene, as she could be in deep turds if she gets it. But he said not from it killing you straight up, more so you will be pushed off into Oddjob’s death tent with all the other cases that have a low prospect of recovery. Not so much if you will survive or not, but if you will survive and recover back to normal. That is the decisions doctors are preparing to make if it all goes to shit.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
What about long term pot smokers with fibrosis in the lungs?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

safreek

What about long term pot smokers with fibrosis in the lungs?

Yeah, let them die as well, lucky for me I don't smash it anymore, my lungs are pretty good compared to most in my age bracket.
To be honest I think we should nationalize the hotels and motels to turn them into hospice for sufferers.
Nationalize the companies that can produce all the needed stuff to save people.
If shareholders have to miss out, well they have had it pretty good and can suck it up for a year or so.
When it's over, give them their companies back. All for the national good

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, let them die as well, lucky for me I don't smash it anymore, my lungs are pretty good compared to most in my age bracket.
To be honest I think we should nationalize the hotels and motels to turn them into hospice for sufferers.
Nationalize the companies that can produce all the needed stuff to save people.
If shareholders have to miss out, well they have had it pretty good and can suck it up for a year or so.
When it's over, give them their companies back. All for the national good
In seriousness the gov will nationalise some companies they have to bail out. Why prop them up if they have a vital service you country needs? Hello qantas..

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He's not won you over yet either, eh?
It’s kinda like a Pauline Hanson style argument, there is good stuff in there but it falls over once you realise everything isn’t black or white..
I do think though if the gov grinds the country into the ground for 6-8 months plus that the time will come where oldies will be locked in old world style and the rest get on with it..

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
The Chaser has many excellent articles...

https://chaser.com.au/national/loca...ents-if-it-means-not-having-to-cancel-brunch/

"...Young, healthy Australian Emily Zacson has today crammed into a crowded cafe with friends after deciding that preserving hundreds of thousands of lives was probably not worth skipping brunch for.

“Yea, look, I weighed up the benefits of not potentially killing my grandparents or the prospect of having to go without eating salmon and capers with my girl group this morning, and I decided that capers are more important than the health of my loved ones,” explained Emily. “I know other people have been encouraged to stay home and distance from each other, but you see they’re just side characters in my life and I’m the main character so I could never catch or spread a deadly infectious disease. That just wouldn’t align with my self-centered world view.”

Likewise other Australians have also declared themselves immune to the pathogen currently tearing down the infrastructure of entire countries, with the nation’s collective 50 year olds stating that they were sitting outside at the pub instead of inside so therefore they could never spread disease.

“It’s just basic science,” reports Troy Parsons after attending a packed backyard houseparty last night. “The government only said we can’t gather indoors, so it’s illegal for the disease to infect us outdoors. Anyway, I have to go, I’ve got a bit of a headache and sore throat today, plus I really want to get to the movies before the quarantine kicks in tomorrow.”..."

Flow-Rider

Burner
I'm going to trademark it. It will be part of my show "Springtime for Oddjobs Tent". Coming to survivors with 2 dollars to rub together this September.

You've got to get Swastikas made for your bikes' head tubes, I bet you even have acid baths in your back yard made from old steel bike frames.