COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

moorey

call me Mia
Implied by me, or the Asian people in the video, or by the OP of the video? If it's the latter, then it makes a lot of sense to be clear about that.
I think they have racist intent in their posting of the video. I can’t judge your intent, but I do question it.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Warning not for the animal lovers or faint of heart. Dunno where exactly the video was filmed, but I think we can get an idea of how these viruses get out.. The claim is it is Wuhan but you know social media could be indonesia for all we know..

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Warning not for the animal lovers or faint of heart. Dunno where exactly the video was filmed, but I think we can get an idea of how these viruses get out.. The claim is it is Wuhan but you know social media could be indonesia for all we know..
That just makes we want to drop high explosive on that whole place... Put those still alive out of their misery and dispose of humans who clearly forfeited their right to live...

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I can’t judge your intent, but I do question it.
Yeah, I feel it.
No. It’s racist to single out and vilify a particular ethnicity for doing something that many are doing.
Geez I get tired of this style of internet bullshit.
Point me towards another 'minority' group who are profiting from exporting groceries bought in bad faith, and I'll equally "vilify" them.
Bogans will get extra exposure. I guarantee it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It is not racist to refer to a person of Asian origin as 'Asian'.
Except when they are Australian...no idea about the people featured in that video, but it is quite possible that they are all Australians. More so than. That theyzare not Australians. But then is that comparison of one continent to another? Or a continent to a country?

The behaviour exhibited in the video is obvioualy inappropriate. The person holding the camera appears to be much bigger than most of the people featured, especially the couple of older women in the video that he seems to enjoy getting very close with. I certainly wouldn't like a stranger poking his camera in my grandmother's face an bullying her by (what appears to be) his physical advantage. Not to mention his inability to maintain appropriate social distancing. Did he notify the duty manager at the supermarket or security guard or maybe even the police? That probably would've been better than walking around like a dork.

Loading up beyond simple needs on groceries is bad too. But let's not pretend that it isn't wide spread across our multicultural society at the moment.

Shit I caught myself out just the other day! There was an abundance of toilet paper on the shelves and I thought "should I grab a pack while it's here?" To which I quickly responded with "fuck no you sick head! You still haven opened the pack you brought when you got home." It's true, I found a pair of rolls burried in the back of my vanity behind my collection of vintage toilet roll Barbie dolls.

We quickly like to forget that Australia is a multicultural nation and project that those without an Anglo complexion aren't Australian. That divisive mentality is shit at the best of times, but when life is stressful and the shit hits the fan it's destructive in a time that requires unity. At a distance of 2m.

FigBo0T

Except when they are Australian...no idea about the people featured in that video, but it is quite possible that they are all Australians. More so than. That theyzare not Australians. But then is that comparison of one continent to another? Or a continent to a country?

The behaviour exhibited in the video is obvioualy inappropriate. The person holding the camera appears to be much bigger than most of the people featured, especially the couple of older women in the video that he seems to enjoy getting very close with. I certainly wouldn't like a stranger poking his camera in my grandmother's face an bullying her by (what appears to be) his physical advantage. Not to mention his inability to maintain appropriate social distancing. Did he notify the duty manager at the supermarket or security guard or maybe even the police? That probably would've been better than walking around like a dork.

Loading up beyond simple needs on groceries is bad too. But let's not pretend that it isn't wide spread across our multicultural society at the moment.

Shit I caught myself out just the other day! There was an abundance of toilet paper on the shelves and I thought "should I grab a pack while it's here?" To which I quickly responded with "fuck no you sick head! You still haven opened the pack you brought when you got home." It's true, I found a pair of rolls burried in the back of my vanity behind my collection of vintage toilet roll Barbie dolls.

We quickly like to forget that Australia is a multicultural nation and project that those without an Anglo complexion aren't Australian. That divisive mentality is shit at the best of times, but when life is stressful and the shit hits the fan it's destructive in a time that requires unity. At a distance of 2m.
This article will probably interest you.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...rug-dealer-how-australian-tv-sidelined-asians

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
These people are part of the routine daigou trade between here and China...and they were clearly trying to maintain their job and income...makes no difference now though.

All that said...we did get a bus of punters from Newcastle come up a fortnight ago and do a raid on the local IGA before it got its daily limits thing sorted. ABC Central West reported the same thing happened in Forbes and West Wyalong...dunno where they were from.
I am not familiar with the trade you speak of, but...newcastle as a centre of activity for such an organisation would make sense. There is a lot of ship traffic between the harbour and China, particularly coal. I wouldn't describe the area as high security either.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, I feel it.

Point me towards another 'minority' group who are profiting from exporting groceries bought in bad faith, and I'll equally "vilify" them.
It’s nothing personal. I didn’t note who posted this before I replied.
You’re sick of the Internet bullshit, but posting internet bullshit? I’m not saying it didn’t happen or never happens...it’s allegedly been happening for years. I bet that vid wasn’t taken in the last few weeks

safreek

No. It’s racist to single out and vilify a particular ethnicity for doing something that many are doing.
OK, all the friggen immigrants are doing it ;) fucked if I know really, all the people .hoarding in lismore are white or aboriginal, don't see many other races

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, I feel it.

I will put it simply - you post shit like this again and I will ban you from the website for good and I will leave the rest to if we ever meet personally. Here's the reason why:

That organised buying has nothing to do with the current crisis. As has been explained in this thread already, it's called daiguo and it's the business of shipping goods to China for resale - IT HAS BEEN AROUND FOR ALMOST TEN YEARS - it has nothing to do with the current health crisis.

Why am I personally pissed off about you posting this? Because as you know there is currently hype around "OMG the Chineze are hoarding our stuff for China!!" and there are people who are acting out in anger to Chinese people in public. There has yet been any evidence of that and you have just posted something that is NOT evidence for it and perpetuated that myth in a really fucking irresponsible way.

My wife is Chinese and my daughter is half Chinese. They suffer directly from idiotic and uninformed shit like this. People who see this shit and believe it to be linked to the crisis shout abuse in the street. By posting this you are perpetuating that threat to my wife and people like her for no fucking reason at all.

This is not up for discussion, you will be straight up banned if you ever pull moronic shit like this again.

Don't post bullshit when you don't know WTF it is and that may put people in danger.

FigBo0T

That organised buying has nothing to do with the current crisis. As has been explained in this thread already, it's called daiguo and it's the business of shipping goods to China for resale - IT HAS BEEN AROUND FOR ALMOST TEN YEARS - it has nothing to do with the current health crisis.
I stopped
I will put it simply - you post shit like this again and I will ban you from the website for good and I will leave the rest to if we ever meet personally. Here's the reason why:

I stopped reading there. Ban me. As if I give a fuck.

"it has nothing to do with the current health crisis" except that the shops are fucking empty and Australian citizens are missing out. Take your apologist narrative and shove it.