COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

stirk

Burner
Social distancing with your mates:

Two utes. Five guys. Day on the beach fishing.

Yeah but they are mates, mates wouldn’t give mates COVID19, that’d be un-Strayan.

As long as this shit goes on, lockdowns will continue.
I went to Wylde MTB park for a solo ride and was surprised to see so people happily using the bike wash facilities, fek that, bike wash can wait till I get home. That place will get shutdown.

Glenbrook National Park is closed to cars to stop the visitors but the place was packed with walkers and bikers.

I'll be sticking to my lesser known single tracks from now on.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got out for sneaky rail trail blast this morning, usually pretty quiet there.
Of the couple of people I did see most were in two big groups of oldies. These people are apparently at highest risk, yet they were the only age bracket completely disregarding social distancing guidelines, WTF.

stirk

Burner
I'm seeing the same thing, many old folk are hanging out together going about their biz with friends. This is common at the small local shopping centre where they'll get a takeaway coffee and sit in groups having a chat, and we all know how much spit flys out of Nanna's mouths loaded with false teeth! Perhaps someone should pack away the tables and chairs like cafes have had to do.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
It will be interesting to see Qld new infection stats over the next 2/3 weeks. Anna and the alp may have done a donald.
It’s the Qld Electoral Commission’s decision apparently, not a political decision.

I assume that there would be legislation to avoid a sitting politician postponing an election indefinitely. But, FFS it is such a dumb outcome.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
This sign is at the entry to glenrock lagoon. Doesn't seem too urgent to close it down. I dont think many people would pay attention if they did.
Doesn't actually have to work. As long as the box is ticked on the government things-to-do sheet then all is fine and dandy.

Don't get arrested for using unfashionable wheel sizes in a public place either.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
It’s the Qld Electoral Commission’s decision apparently, not a political decision.

I assume that there would be legislation to avoid a sitting politician postponing an election indefinitely. But, FFS it is such a dumb outcome.
I was told a different story. The elections can be postponed. Anyway hopefully there wont be a spike due to this.

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
I just got home from voting (Sunny Coast, Qld)... was like a ghost town. When I was there, there were probably 5 or 6 other voters spaced around the hall... one of the ladies working there told me that it was the busiest they'd been all day... probably far safer than doing the early pre-vote judging by the lines I saw on the telly.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I’m ready for lockdown. All the machinery and most of the tools for a few projects made it into the workshop.
Projects I’m hoping to complete:

Brain fork cartridge lower leg. Maybe this will be the 4th and final attempt?

Cane creek db air rebuild

Reverb mods and rebuild

Plus a shit load of organising and tidying up

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
How often are people venturing out for supplies? Here’s a thought that’s probably stating the obvious, but if we really want to minimise community transfer:

It takes 3-5 days for someone with COVID-19 to develop symptoms; if you or someone else in your household goes to the shops or interacts with others, logic suggests you should all stay at home for at least the next five days. If no one in the house gets sick during that period then you’re still healthy and you can go out again - you are unlikely to be a spreader of the disease.

If anyone in the house gets sick however, you’re all a few days into the 14 day isolation period. When you shop, you should really be buying for the next two weeks or so in case you need to be in isolation.

Last edited:

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Zactly. Still plenty of people who know they have it, but won't stop doing whatever the hell they want. Self absorbed, dumb chunts are all I fear.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Litenbror

Eats Squid
We have discussed this at home as the clock restarts everytime someone goes out. While one person going out every 3 or 4 days for supplies etc isn't ideal we are still cutting down dramatically on out interaction and probability or catching or spreading the virus.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How often are people venturing out for supplies? Here’s a thought that’s probably stating the obvious, but if we really want to minimise community transfer:

It takes 3-5 days for someone with COVID-19 to develop symptoms; if you or someone else in your household goes to the shops or interacts with others, logic suggests you should all stay at home for at least the next five days. If no one in the house gets sick during that period then you’re still healthy and you can go out again - you are unlikely to be a spreader of the disease.

If anyone in the house gets sick however, you’re all a few days into the 14 day isolation period. When you shop, you should really be buying for the next two weeks or so in case you need to be in isolation.
Still though, you need to be coughed on or near someone who sneezed to cope a dose that will most likely on infect you.. If you take precautions like wearing gloves to the supermarket you reduce hand contact of the virus, which is the most likely way to catch it. Catching it off fruit or containers is a risk but again, washing your hands after touching materials and before you eat lowers the risk significantly. Most research is showing it’s not contact with a trace amount of the virus that will infect you, it’s the load amount. So if you touch heaps of stuff with little bits of the virus on it, without washing your hands, the risk is far greater..
The rona isn’t some super virus that behaves differently than other infectious diseases, it is just highly contagious because it is novel.

Ackland

chats d'élevage

Only once a week on Saturday mornings.