COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

stirk

Burner
It is hard to go along with $30 per 300ml bottle of hand sanitiser no matter if the world is ending.

Can't people just use soap? Hand santiser is a nicely smelling ethanol mix mostly isn't it?
Try and get some isopropyl alcohol for brake cleaning before it runs out!

I know distillers of spirits are now making hand sanitizer to help with availability.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Try and get some isopropyl alcohol for brake cleaning before it runs out!

I know distillers of spirits are now making hand sanitizer to help with availability.
I still have a spray bottle from the pre-Covid era. I'm keeping that for my discs. I an fortunate not to have Avid turkey gobble much at all, but when it does I need to be well prepared. Covid be damned :)

Just wash you hand in 100 Pipers since no one will want to drink that one by choice.

moorey

call me Mia
The mind boggles that many people just seem to have no care for hygiene then get pissy when people like me tell them that it is understandable because we are just evolved primates and that behaviour runs deep.

Imagine what goes on when they are out of public view.
I think it was basically petulant defiance. Looked like an Alan Jones listener

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It would be nice. Not my parents but friends definitely.
From my perspective - as you get older your friends can change as your life changes - jobs , kids etc
I live at least one or two cities from my parents and my friends , but we still see each other , even after knowing each other for almost 45 yrs we can still 'just catch up '
( yes we all went to primary then secondary school together , we lived together after school - none of us were smart enough to go to uni ....some travelled and lived overseas , some of us went interstate .)

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The mind boggles that many people just seem to have no care for hygiene then get pissy when people like me tell them that it is understandable because we are just evolved primates and that behaviour runs deep.

Imagine what goes on when they are out of public view.
I am living in hope that this may help with understanding basic hygiene for the masses .
Yes . you should wash at least once a day
Yes. wash you hands after the toilet , or the dog , or prior to food prep
No. don't pick at your face , ears or backside and then eat
Leave your nuts alone ! Stop adjusting your knickers !

arrrgggghhh

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yessssss...to help. That said the local gin distillery is giving it away with the purchase of their or cheap bespoke gin.

I am living in hope that this may help with understanding basic hygiene for the masses .
Yes . you should wash at least once a day
Yes. wash you hands after the toilet , or the dog , or prior to food prep
No. don't pick at your face , ears or backside and then eat
Leave your nuts alone ! Stop adjusting your knickers !

arrrgggghhh
People are gross. So very very gross. And fuck me they get defensive of their filthy habits when you stick it to them

stirk

Burner
Yessssss...to help. That said the local gin distillery is giving it away with the purchase of their or cheap bespoke gin.
Giving it away is cool.
A distiller south of Sydney is selling 250ml for $15. It's made using barley so I don't think there's much profit in it compared to the gin but it's certainly extra sales.

BKMad

Likes Dirt
Just got an email from a shop (a few locals on this forum too, apologies if you are connected in any way)

I have spent a bit of cash here over the years, swags, 4WD gear, Sleeping bags, chairs and other stuff, maybe $3k-$4k spent at this company in the past.

Didn't know what to think when I got it, Profiteering or reinvention ???

Is their "face to be saved" in laying down and not taking advantage of this situation ?

Can reinvention be looked at as profiteering in the current climate if the prices are inflated.

Charging $30 for a $5-7 bottle of hand sanitiser that is still 3-4 weeks away.

https://www.kulkyne.com.au/clothing
Be cheaper to buy some cheap vodka. At least you can sanitise your insides as well as your hands.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
No one is allowed in.
True !

Could be a load of 457/482 teams currently stuck here with no work. We had an outage done not so long ago, only the foremen spoke broken English and had to translate to even get the Inductions done, our company policy changed after that to comply with WHS issues.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Giving it away is cool.
A distiller south of Sydney is selling 250ml for $15. It's made using barley so I don't think there's much profit in it compared to the gin but it's certainly extra sales.
A lot of those places buy in 250l drums of 94% food grade ethanol and water it down, then add to their gin base, for under $50/l.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The Wharfies/Dockers have always had a good unionised workforce, I would be surprised if anyone steps up to unload it... though in Oz style, they'll bring in overseas workers to do it.
In this employment market? DP World will have scabs lined up around the block for the chance to enter the Thunderdome and fight to the death for a chance to do the job for half the pay. And then the government will send out the army to protect the work zone from the picketing wharfies.

Giving it away is cool.
I'm pretty sure there's plenty of money on it and less tax. But nowhere near as much prestige.

A lot of those places buy in 250l drums of 94% food grade ethanol and water it down, then add to their gin base, for under $50/l.
No way...it's total bespoke artisan gin. Always.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
What the?

I knew the MUA were bigoted knobheads but this has got to be a new level of dumb. The ships been at sea for more than two weeks in the elements and it contains badly needed PPE.

Are they also refusing to unload ships from the US, Italy, Spain?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Last edited: