COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'd never planned for the option, so I don't have growlers to sell for people to fill. Staff and people I know that have growlers I'm just filling without charging, because the beer won't last too long anyway. Anything untapped I'll get credited for, but there's a few limited run beers I'll hang on to and just keep drinking and filling for friends and staff rather than return.
Given how strict the licencing is around here, nobody had plans for this kind of selling. I was pretty perplexed as to where all the growlers have suddenly come from. It was as if most people just happened to have such items on their store/house. One pub had a sign roughly saying bring whatever vessel you have. Was all a bit like the day 7-11 allow people to go nuts on slushies. The opened kegs stash is probably dying down a bit by now and home delivered cocktails are taking off. Will be interesting to see how the state government reign this back in once this shit is over.

With the NSW government being very reliant on tax revenue from gambling, they must be sweating on all the lost revenue from pokies. I wonder how the post lock down pokie takings will be? A lot people will probably transition to online gambling. Gambling isn't my poison and I'll be happy to see less pokies around

stirk

Burner
Given how strict the licencing is around here, nobody had plans for this kind of selling. I was pretty perplexed as to where all the growlers have suddenly come from. It was as if most people just happened to have such items on their store/house. One pub had a sign roughly saying bring whatever vessel you have. Was all a bit like the day 7-11 allow people to go nuts on slushies. The opened kegs stash is probably dying down a bit by now and home delivered cocktails are taking off. Will be interesting to see how the state government reign this back in once this shit is over.

With the NSW government being very reliant on tax revenue from gambling, they must be sweating on all the lost revenue from pokies. I wonder how the post lock down pokie takings will be? A lot people will probably transition to online gambling. Gambling isn't my poison and I'll be happy to see less pokies around
Gambling is evil as are billion dollar stadiums for thugby. Give us trails for days. #stirkforPM #trailsnottrialsforrape

slowmick

38-39"
How is everybody coping?
I thought I was doing pretty good at keeping the whole machine moving forward until this afternoon.

Got out for a decent ride this afternoon. So many muppets on the bike tracks, in the parks and on the trails - the bell got a major workout.

On the way home a bloke walking his dogs call me out for the way I passed him. He had two small dogs - one a Scottish highland terrier and neither on leads. He calls out something about "no no, it's ok i'll just get off the trails so you can pass". I was about 30m past him at this point and told him to jam it up his arse. He called out to come back and say that. A quick skid and I was heading back to sort out his issue. I called out "I slowed for your dogs what else do you want from me." He says " A nod would have been nice. Maybe I've been a bit hard on you - I've had people trying to run me over all day." I turned around and called out - "well enjoy the rest of your walk" as i headed for home again. He replied "i'll try".
This dude was either in his 40's after a hard life or early 50s. I am in my late 40s and I was ready to get physical with him.

I can make excuses about my 3 year old daughter being out of sorts and that her attitude has fallen off a cliff and everything is a challenge.

I could say work is shit, my colleagues aren't "working" while at home or that our unreliable NBN connection made it hell for me to work at home so i am back in the office..

I can come up with plenty of excuses as to why life is tough at the moment but none excuse where I was heading today. Thankfully nothing eventuated today and I hope it will help me be more mindful for the future. The world doesn't need old men fighting on the bike tracks.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Slowmick with the fast hands! we’d have had to change your custom title to budget dozer if you started throwing haymakers.

I’d put money down that Ol’ mate doggens felt pretty stupid after his little tantrum too.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Slowmick with the fast hands! we’d have had to change your custom title to budget dozer if you started throwing haymakers.

I’d put money down that Ol’ mate doggens felt pretty stupid after his little tantrum too.
No way, slow fists Mick validated him! He should have smashed this guy down to the ground then are his dogs. Cabin fever does crazy things to people's mood. Just gotta be the alpha so the little people dont get all your toilet paper.

How the fuck are shops still out of toilet paper???

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
While the pokies are shutdown, Australians are saving $38 Million A DAY!!!!

The industry was all set to seize a record $25 billion in losses from gamblers in 2020.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
While the pokies are shutdown, Australians are saving $38 Million A DAY!!!!

The industry was all set to seize a record $25 billion in losses from gamblers in 2020.

I won't be upset if that lecherous industry collapses. It's disgraceful how the state government here has latched on to it and become so reliant on the revenue that they don't really give any fucks about solving problem gambling.

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
I won't be upset if that lecherous industry collapses. It's disgraceful how the state government here has latched on to it and become so reliant on the revenue that they don't really give any fucks about solving problem gambling.
Woolworths is going to take a massive hit.....

Woolworths Group is the majority owner of Australian Leisure & Hospitality, which owns 12,000 poker machines across 330 pubs/clubs which makes it the largest pokies business in Australia.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes. Dan Andrews admitted ( err opps ) in a press conference the other day that the LittleHorseyRidingPeople ‘needed to be on stream as they form a large part of State Revenue ‘ ....
Never mind the poor buggers who ‘luv a punt , a smoke n a beer ‘

There’s your reality check .

Ps - Slow Mick , fuggit n furgetaboutit you already know that you can’t fight all the dickheads , not enough time , too many dickheads .

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Woolworths is going to take a massive hit.....

Woolworths Group is the majority owner of Australian Leisure & Hospitality, which owns 12,000 poker machines across 330 pubs/clubs which makes it the largest pokies business in Australia.
Lucky they've got toilet paper.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can come up with plenty of excuses as to why life is tough at the moment but none excuse where I was heading today. Thankfully nothing eventuated today and I hope it will help me be more mindful for the future. The world doesn't need old men fighting on the bike tracks.
Mate, Covid or not I always have a go selfish dog off lead walkers around where I live. I don’t pick fights but if they have a crack about passing, I don’t back down..
Shared trails are dog on lead, yet these wankers always think them and their dogs are the exception. Where I live you can have your dog off lead in all public park areas the only place you must have them on lead is on the shared trails. And so many fkers are too selfish to even do that.. I am more than happy to give both barrels..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Mate, Covid or not I always have a go selfish dog off lead walkers around where I live. I don’t pick fights but if they have a crack about passing, I don’t back down..
Shared trails are dog on lead, yet these wankers always think them and their dogs are the exception. Where I live you can have your dog off lead in all public park areas the only place you must have them on lead is on the shared trails. And so many fkers are too selfish to even do that.. I am more than happy to give both barrels..
Do you eat the dogs raw?

I type that while watching a fellow failing at controlling his dog but winning at using the dog for lady bait. So there may be a little jealousy at his social distance flaunting in favour of flirting.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
But, but, they have chips and steak or chicken parma plus a VB for $10.
The RSL crowd will resort to chair throwing violence if that goes away for good.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I do love a cheap meal! Do I need to play the pokies to get my taste buds on one?

And much revenue will be lost by the government through online gambling. Hopefully this flows into some clamping down on that as revenge/spite. That seems to be the main motivator of the ruling classes

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Sigh, I have to agree. More people than at any other time have now discovered that you can go walking on these path but aren't up to the shared concept.

Personally, I cut them a lot of slack especially if I see kids out on their 16" and 20"er bikes while the parent inexplicably walk instead. It makes me happy that the littlies are out n' about. Dogs on those retractable leads cutting over the entire path and wanting to take a chunk out of your calf muscle are out there too. Dogs on no leads are a worry and I don't care how 'friendly and he has never bitten anyone' ol' Fido is.

I did mildly lose my shit at two guys walking up the wrong side of the lane markers with heads down on their phones. I crested the hill and was picking up speed and not a great option to bail in the grass on the roadie. I gave them a 'f$%^kin watch out' and just stuck to my line.

There is small farm next to the path too. The Camels and Longhorns have gotten onto the idea that people will continually pick up grass to feed them through the fence so they hang there all day. Consequently, a herd of people blocking the path is just something you have to live with.

I'm usually pretty tolerate of public collective stupid because when I ride past then I know I will be leaving them behind.