COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Refusal to leave office backed by a militia and maybe some arms of the military? Would make great news, even a film. President to be played by one of the Baldwins? Story follows a man who has a personality disorder and donentia...the perhaps truely believes he is right in what he is doing. Get your tickets
Live theatrical production or movie?

bear the bear

Is a real bear
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12325761
Describing themselves as patriots and blaming the World Health Organisation for their nation being turned upside down, they said they didn't fear coronavirus.
Texas lieutenant governor Dan Patrick earlier called on Americans to sacrifice their lives, telling Fox News that grandparents across the country should be proud to die from the coronavirus if it meant younger generations could get back to work.
America truly is the stupidest nation on this earth.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Refusal to leave office backed by a militia and maybe some arms of the military? Would make great news, even a film. President to be played by one of the Baldwins? Story follows a man who has a personality disorder and donentia...the perhaps truely believes he is right in what he is doing. Get your tickets
He is a War Time President after all, just ask him

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well of these people want to wander the streets among us normal folks, they really should be made to wear some kind of identifying mark on their clothes. I suggest a red nose so we all know they are clowns and that anything they say is stupid.

Live theatrical production or movie?
I think first comes the cinematic trilogy, I'm thinking star wars meets Rome. Which will lead nicely into the television series. Once we are in need of more cash I'll roll it out as an on stage musical.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
This just gets crazier and more polarised with Trump at the wheel driving like a demented psycho.
Now he is inciting defiance of the states' laws . this could get really interesting although his followers are so stupid they cant even make a decent rebellion.

placebo

Likes Dirt
Look at the "news" source...

Possibly, as per their grab line, through "cash kickbacks". So if the article is accurate a little extortion - I'll keep you on but you need to shoot me a $50 each week. Otherwise you can line up at Centrelink with the other chumps. Kind of thing. Or just create new things staff need to pay for. Ummmm we have a new uniform now and you need to buy 2 shirts at $50.
Employers don't qualify to recieve JobKeeper until they've proved to the ATO a greater than 30% revenue loss for the month of April. They have to pay the JobKeeper allowance to staff of at least $1500 per fornight, $3000 total per stood down staff member through April to qualify to be re-imbursed some time in May, hopefully. Smaller hospitality venues and cafes simply won't have the funds to bridge that payment gap. JobKeeper's like handing a drowning business a rock. The take-up rate will probably be lower than the government expects. It's easier, and makes more financial sense for a venue under pressure to not sign up for it than rort it. Just give staff stand down letters for JobSeeker at centrelink. I'm doing it, but working on a worst case of two months before re-imbursement, it's tight financially, and I was in a good position before the shut down.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Just give staff stand down letters for JobSeeker at centrelink.
Isn’t the job Seeker means tested though such that if there is still a spouse working but one has been stood down, there is no eligibility? Or has that means test been entirely suspended?

Last edited:

placebo

Likes Dirt
JobKeeper isn't means tested. JobSeeker is and the tests have been relaxed/extended AFAIK. JobKeeper is also taxed, but isn't included in super calculations.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Isn’t the job keeper means tested though such that if there is still a spouse working but one has been stood down, there is no eligibility? Or has that means test been entirely suspended?
That's jobseeker. lol

It's all a bit confusing.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Employers don't qualify to recieve JobKeeper until they've proved to the ATO a greater than 30% revenue loss for the month of April. They have to pay the JobKeeper allowance to staff of at least $1500 per fornight, $3000 total per stood down staff member through April to qualify to be re-imbursed some time in May, hopefully. Smaller hospitality venues and cafes simply won't have the funds to bridge that payment gap. JobKeeper's like handing a drowning business a rock. The take-up rate will probably be lower than the government expects. It's easier, and makes more financial sense for a venue under pressure to not sign up for it than rort it. Just give staff stand down letters for JobSeeker at centrelink. I'm doing it, but working on a worst case of two months before re-imbursement, it's tight financially, and I was in a good position before the shut down.

A lot of places here reopened for various take away last week. It's certainly quite a stretch for operators if they aren't trading enough to cover costs. Jobseeker is likewise a slow process.

Seems like bacon and egg rolls is about the only thing most cafes can remember how to make too.