COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have never seen as many people in the car parks and on the trails in Perth as I saw this morning, it was perefct weather conditions, heaps of families but yes heaps of people in larger groups but as of now we can group up to 10 so back to normal as far as MTB goes anyway.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So many people walking and riding. More each day though I used to go fairly late evening and night and lately it has been late afternoon. Great to see as long as they stay the fuck away from me!

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
All the major trails and parks are still closed in Tassie. I'm doing the right thing and riding around town and a bit of council bush but I'm seriously hanging out to hit the trails again. There are still regular cases from the Burnie hospital outbreak so I don't think things will change here until that is under control. On the upside though, the construction on the Wild Mersey and Dial Range trails is still all go, so at least we will have some epic new trail to look forward to.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Yep, I've got it
Installed it this morning as well. Compared to the rest of our online digital footprint, the app isn't going to give much more away - ever looked at your location history in Google Maps... And if it helps the health authorities by automating contact tracing then it's going to go a long way toward suppressing or snuffing coronavirus out completely in Oz and let us get get on with life in our own little bubble.

Went for a ride at a popular local yesterday, expecting it to be busy as it was Sunday and a perfect autumn day. A few families and dog walkers to add to the cyclists but not too crazy and everyone staying apart. One dickhead on a bike refusing to slow or yield for my son and I, and an old fart walking his old fart dog off leash who obviously had the shits that cyclists were riding on shared use trails. Just stood there in the middle of the trail with his stupid dog behind him forcing us to go bush to get around him.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Installed it this morning as well. Compared to the rest of our online digital footprint, the app isn't going to give much more away - ever looked at your location history in Google Maps... And if it helps the health authorities by automating contact tracing then it's going to go a long way toward suppressing or snuffing coronavirus out completely in Oz and let us get get on with life in our own little bubble.
It is funny the amount of people ranting about that they are not going to download the app be cause that don't want to be tracked, and they do this of all places, on Facebook. :eek:
I really do think it's the people that refuse to educate themselves out there are one of the big problems that we have in modern society. People that believe something with such a strong conviction because they saw a meme about it but when given scientific evidence just blow it off as conspiracy.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@Chriso_29er - There are so many special units at the 1000 steps. That said many of them seem to have taken to dong the fire brake at the front of Mt Dandenong. The was about 30 cars parked at the corner of Sheffield and Glasgow roads last Sunday when I did the unmentionable DH trail. So many people in active wear with disposable water bottles.
@Chriso_29er Silvan is my local and I ride in and out of their weekly (From home)
Whilst, I am happy for people to ride together, there is still many people driving who are not local, my Strava tells me all about it.
Also, people may not be in huge groups, but everyone stops for a breather in the same spots (Think top of inverness, Top of Bakers/Extension etc)
One ignorant prick spits or blows a snot rocket a few minutes before you and it's game over.
Generally people have done well, but relying on others to protect your own health is fraught with danger

@slowmick Ch 10 has been shut down as of Sunday, may have been earlier too. Temp fencing and cameras up (at least camera signs)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It is funny the amount of people ranting about that they are not going to download the app be cause that don't want to be tracked, and they do this of all places, on Facebook. :eek:
True. If 'they' really wanted to track you then it isn't going matter at all if you have an app or not.
If your phone is with you and has battery and signal then you can be located to few hundred metres accuracy anyway.

Next the flat earthers will be burning down 5G towers to stop virii...............Oh.... wait a a minute.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I haven't seen anybody post the graph tracking countries infection rates against each other for a while.

Anybody know where that can be accessed?

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I haven't seen anybody post the graph tracking countries infection rates against each other for a while.

Anybody know where that can be accessed?
Like this one? The comparison is bogus though, as those countries with large numbers of cases aren't likely to be detecting/reporting all of them.