COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Just curious on the app, my understanding is that it only registers a contact if you've been within 1.5m of another phone for 15min.

I'm not getting within 1.5m of anyone for longer than a few seconds. Basically moving through a supermarket isle or getting my temp scanned when arriving at the office.

Is there any value to the app with that being the case?

BKMad

Likes Dirt
Just curious on the app, my understanding is that it only registers a contact if you've been within 1.5m of another phone for 15min.

I'm not getting within 1.5m of anyone for longer than a few seconds. Basically moving through a supermarket isle or getting my temp scanned when arriving at the office.

Is there any value to the app with that being the case?
Yeah that's my concern. Just seems a bit pointless. I hadn't heard about the 1.5m limit though. I thought it was just any phone within bluetooth range.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Kids went back to school today. Already got a mail saying there's a confirmed case of chicken pox. As per policy they dont give any details of the kid, even though 80% of the school population won't overlap days if only they knew what day was attended

Last edited:

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
kids high school just mailed that they expect everyone back 5 days a week after next week, being concerned about transmission is not an acceptable excuse to be absent.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Our department is starting to ask people to transition back into the office, but to keep the distancing caper we may end up with a roster.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Kids went back to school today. Already got a mail saying there's a confirmed case of chicken pox. As per policy they dont give any details of the kid, even though 80% of the school population won't overlap days if only they knew what day was attended
It's only an issue for kids and parents that are not vaccinated against chicken pox...

stirk

Burner
I've been on a roster since lockdown began. Every alternate week I can go in but on my off week it's not permitted. Every other desk is blocked also so the office space is at half capacity and may remain like this for quite some time.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You guys are just scratching the surface on these puns.

Didn't scomo offer a bribe for schools to reopen sooner rather than later?

BKMad

Likes Dirt
this is in NSW, but the announcement came from the high school . nothing similar from the younger kids primary school
Thanks. I'm surprised to here this for NSW. Its a big step. Presumably primary kids will follow the next week or two - looks like homeschooling is coming to an end. I might actually be able to get a full day of work done soon.