COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

safreek

Thank fuck they are opening the gyms in a couple of days in nsw. I hope all those arseholes that have doubled or tripled the plate weight price choke on their greed, lots of cheap weight sets coming up soon

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Thank fuck they are opening the gyms in a couple of days in nsw. I hope all those arseholes that have doubled or tripled the plate weight price choke on their greed, lots of cheap weight sets coming up soon
Yay......

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I hope all those arseholes that have doubled or tripled the plate weight price choke on their greed, lots of cheap weight sets coming up soon
I was actually looking at fb market prices and was completely gobsmacked. Almost pulled out my set gathering dust and put it up for sale. The only thing stopping me is I've been doing too much riding and the upper body couldn't pull it out.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Well I’m pretty stoked. My injury went downhill really badly really fast being unable to get into the gyms for my rehab work.

Home set up just doesn’t cut it. Soooo much money spent at physio these past three weeks.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well I’m pretty stoked. My injury went downhill really badly really fast being unable to get into the gyms for my rehab work.

Home set up just doesn’t cut it. Soooo much money spent at physio these past three weeks.
This still the back?

I hope all those arseholes that have doubled or tripled the plate weight price choke on their greed, lots of cheap weight sets coming up soon
I haven't noticed too many cafes pushing their prices up yet. Are you taking about those food courts where you pay by weight for what's on your plate?

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hoping they are planning a decent booking system on gym sessions. Would suck to turn up and have to wait and hope to get in in time to finish a decent session before I have to leave. outdoor pools have operated on a booking on the hour, 50 minutes in everyone out before the next booking. an 80 minute session booking every 90 minutes would be nice.

i think all that gym gear being hoarded is going to be shelving in garages for a while before people admit they arent motivated enough to keep it up in their garage

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I haven't noticed too many cafes pushing their prices up yet.
My local (she's quite a sassy business operator) started asking people if they wanted a large. I politely refused and stuck with my usual 3/4 milk (cafe) latte but I asked her how successful it was and she told me she didn't know why she never did that in the first place haha. Been having decafs in the afternoon to keep her afloat because can't afford to lose this cafe.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My local (she's quite a sassy business operator) started asking people if they wanted a large. I politely refused and stuck with my usual 3/4 milk (cafe) latte but I asked her how successful it was and she told me she didn't know why she never did that in the first place haha. Been having decafs in the afternoon to keep her afloat because can't afford to lose this cafe.
Upselling works? No way...do you want a fresh berry muffin with that?

3/4...just take the leap and get an extra shot in the normal size or order a picolo. You 3/4 full people are in the same envelope as the half skim half full cream people.

Ackland

chats d'élevage

3/4...just take the leap and get an extra shot in the normal size or order a picolo. You 3/4 full people are in the same envelope as the half skim half full cream people.
But not as bad as the "extra hot" folks who somehow want to to exceed the boiling point of milk?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
those arseholes that have doubled or tripled the plate weight price choke on their greed, lots of cheap weight sets coming up soon
Same with the Zwifters, took the corona advantage and sold secondhand smart trainers for more that new RRP.

Bike shops have been the biggest surprise, they've sold more bikes in the Covid era that they normally do. Hope the families that bought those bikes keep up the exercise regime with their kids when normal comes back. Or there will be a flood of low end hardtails on scumtree.

safreek

I was actually looking at fb market prices and was completely gobsmacked. Almost pulled out my set gathering dust and put it up for sale. The only thing stopping me is I've been doing too much riding and the upper body couldn't pull it out.
even the wholesalers were charging 5 or 6 bucks a kg, shameful scum. But remember, support your Australian weight importer, they certainly looked after us

certainly should of made exemptions for people like yourself, I had assumed it was your back

double shot or if sitting down double flatty
But not as bad as the "extra hot" folks who somehow want to to exceed the boiling point of milk?
I will never understand the scalding hot coffee, tastes shit, never get me back as a customer. One of the coffee shops in lismore gets friends to come in occasionally and give honest feedback, not bullshit. No new (alleged) barista has done a proper temp coffee in the first day, ever. And they get dirty when the boss tells them how the coffee should be made.
(cue) I know what I'm doing, i have been a barista for years. Well, maybe that's why you have had so many coffee making jobs

Same with the Zwifters, took the corona advantage and sold secondhand smart trainers for more that new RRP.

Bike shops have been the biggest surprise, they've sold more bikes in the Covid era that they normally do. Hope the families that bought those bikes keep up the exercise regime with their kids when normal comes back. Or there will be a flood of low end hardtails on scumtree.
Tried to hire a bike for my partner to have a spin along the foreshore, one fella said he sold them all, still surprised that there is no dedicated bike hire

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
They genuinely exist.

"Do you want vapour?"

I had to visit a tea supplier a little while ago for some tasting and samples. The sales rep takes me to these urns and tells me the water is over 100 degrees! I asked what the technique was that they used to stabilise H2O as a liquid above 100 degrees? I then had to explain how water becomes a gas...sigh. they make good tea though.

Yup. A couple of bad days in cramped spaces at work coupled with imbalances in my back muscles that I need to keep on top with weights has screwed me. I didn’t just fall of the wagon, I hucked off it bender style.
Backs are fucking annoying and fragile.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Attachments

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Australian weight importer
Covid makes my mind really messed up. Steel is mined locally and melted into discs to add to a steel bar. How the hell is it cheaper to mine he stuff here, send it to china make it into a disk and then ship it back. Globalism has really screwed my mind up.

You'd be surprised how many interpretations of 3/4 milk you can have...

boyracer

Likes Dirt
When someone came in to my cafe and asked for extra hot coffee, i made the staff just turn the cup around and give the handle a blast of (90/95 degree) hot water from the machine before pulling the shot. Always worked and lots of regulars swore it was hotter!