COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Back to stage 3 for 6 weeks :oops:

Feeling sorry for the Vic brothers.

Still...it's the wrong side of the GDR for anyone to be interested in.

Don’t think the gov can force people to serve more than 14 days in Q.. You can go home and recover though.. We know how that worked out originally.
I can see why people would refuse test in Q, why would you want to be locked in for another 14 days on top of the 14 already.. As bad a jail without access to open air...
Fair point on restrictions beyond the 14 days. I don't know if they can/can't? I'd like to imagine people having the decency to isolate when they are I'll, but we know what people are like.

Just to fill all other states with confidence, my neighbour in Melb is basically home for a few days then away for 5 on repeat. They have exemption to travel Aust wide and have done so since day 1 of this pandemic.. Dunno what they do, they are cagey about it.. I was pretty surprised though..
Sounds like some sort of essential service. They must be a coal miner.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yarra trails and Plenty Gorge are both within riding distance.

Or Lysty if you are South side

Red hill, Lysterfield, Smiths, Plenty Gorge, Yarra trails (when not slop).. Still plenty of options. And no doubt the kids will be hard a work again building like last lockdown..

Freediver

I can go full Karen
From a purely mtb perspective those of us in metro Melbourne can’t leave.
No riding on dirt for a while.
gonna take a sickie and get one last in tomorrow.
You do know there's a few sneaky little tracks in the Maribyrnong valley. Some of it's a bit sloppy ATM but some sections are hero dirt in the wet.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bugger it, had organised to hit up Harcourt for the first time on Thursday!
Now need to study the rules to see if its still a remote possibility. Looks like not :(

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Bugger it, had organised to hit up Harcourt for the first time on Thursday!
if u want i volunteer go up & take some video footage 4 u ;)

i will contact vic police, i volunteer to station myself at stockyards car pk - will check licenses for melburnites, instant bike confiscations (with an optional test ride by myself) are in order me thinks

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if u want i volunteer go up & take some video footage 4 u ;)

i will contact vic police, i volunteer to station myself at stockyards car pk - will check licenses for melburnites, instant bike confiscations (with an optional test ride by myself) are in order me thinks
See you there Thursday
I'll be ok, you wouldn't want to confiscate my bike anyway ha ha

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In all seriousness, pretty bad situation.
I was surprised it didn't take hold last time, I think we better fasten seatbelts and get ready this time. We're in for a ride.

My missus is about to have a breakdown thinking about home schooling again!