COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Why do we give fuckwits lead time to go about their fuckwittery?
Its crazy ! Were shutting borders from midnight Wednesday, giving people 3 days notice to vacate Vic.
I understand the toll this lockdown will take on the Vic residents but the idea is to eliminate the virus in Aus so we can bubble up and get on with life.

WTF NSW ! The decision to give people 3 day grace to spread themselves around your state will raise its ugly head in the next few days.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I understand the toll this lockdown will take on the Vic residents but the idea is to eliminate the virus in Aus so we can bubble up and get on with life.
Wrong country mate that’s NZ policy. Aust is going for suppression, these outbreaks are considered normal under that policy.. Supposedly less economically damaging scomo reckons. Vic lockdowns estimated to cost ~12 Billion. Winning

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Its crazy ! Were shutting borders from midnight Wednesday, giving people 3 days notice to vacate Vic.

WTF NSW ! The decision to give people 3 day grace to spread themselves around your state will raise its ugly head in the next few days.
People were calling in to Triple J on Friday last week talking about having enough lead time to change the residential addresses on their licences to mate's places in Sydney

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This whole episode paints a pretty grim picture for the human race. Stupidity isn't limited to the minority

ozzybmx

Long queues at Bordertown between Vic and SA growing by the minute... What was the point of locking down a state when you allow everyone 3 days to fuck off to other states that are managing.

This whole episode paints a pretty grim picture for the human race. Stupidity isn't limited to the minority
Selfish people really missing the point of this whole lockdown.

Hundreds of people have surged across the Victoria-South Australia border in a last-ditch bid to enter SA before a hard closure is enforced.
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...fV6VEsPohuBsyWu5OS5lrjpnMlMgYjqwg7lCvbodAZeC0

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Suppression is name given when you are striving for better.

2 months ago ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...S-coronavirus-no-active-cases-left-state.html

This is what a suppression strategy looks like..

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Long queues at Bordertown between Vic and SA growing by the minute... What was the point of locking down a state when you allow everyone 3 days to fuck off to other states that are managing.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...fV6VEsPohuBsyWu5OS5lrjpnMlMgYjqwg7lCvbodAZeC0

Will these people crossing the border have to undergo 14 day quarantine and a test?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

Will these people crossing the border have to undergo 14 day quarantine and a test?

Looks like they are driving their own vehicles at the moment, so will fall into the normal quarantine rules if in before midnight tonight.

They give all their details including their 14 day nominated quarantine address to the checkpoint police and are issued with a quarantine notice. They must go directly to the address, stopping nowhere on the way.

I believe they only get tested if having symptoms (and reporting them)

ozzybmx

This is what a suppression strategy looks like..
Looks like greed :(

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Nope. Just told to isolate for 14 days.

There's a quote from a woman that was
“Two weeks in isolation here and then at least four weeks of basically freedom, I wouldn’t get that (in Melbourne).”

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

A hard border closure is unconstitutional, so all this talk of locking down a state is PR.

I'm in 2 minds about giving people warning. If you don't give people warning, and don't have systems in place to deal with all the unintended consequences, you get the shit show that's happening in the Melbourne housing commission towers.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
A hard border closure is unconstitutional, so all this talk of locking down a state is PR.

I'm in 2 minds about giving people warning. If you don't give people warning, and don't have systems in place to deal with all the unintended consequences, you get the shit show that's happening in the Melbourne housing commission towers.

Too many people think the warning period means “quick, we’ve got 3 days to pack up and fuck off interstate before lock down”, rather than getting their shit together and preparing for isolation.