COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
OK pig... in your compund go go go.... meat sock needs some space..

way too much red wine already...

want to stop this shit...... focus on china..... Yeah, yeah..... heard you all... now f*cking swallow mushroom...

China has enforced (phuckit... pig help) the green/red mobile app...... shugar.... (check here)...but some phukers will say.... Oh, my data... fox it..

If we want Australia to reach New Zealand Levels of Covid freeness..... we need to, well,. sacrifice some freedoms....... Some government c*ck gobblers will want it forever..... but, seriously.... The Australian covid app....... sucks pigs ball sack...

tell me why the fat meat sock is wrong while your parents are sucking down 100% oxygen and still not getting over this shit.....

TETRIS.. Test, Trace Isolate....
If we want Australia to reach New Zealand Levels of Covid freeness... then we need a full lockdown... of the entire country... just like they did.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
To be honest, the whole accuracy of the tests have been a fear of mine the whole way through.... (snippy snip).....
I know we need to test for it, but can't help thinking about how much the testing itself is helping to spread this thing.
Several of my friends have taken tests (fortunately negative) and pointed out the caveat on the result report that (paraphrasing here) due to the relationship between Covid-19 and other known Corona viruses such as the common cold, a positive test result is not a definite positive for Covid-19.

So some unknown proportion of the reported cases could very well be false positives.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
If we want Australia to reach New Zealand Levels of Covid freeness... then we need a full lockdown... of the entire country... just like they did.
And how do you think that will go for the broader wellbeing of the community? As it is the fallout from the restrictions has caused a greater human toll than the virus itself, although the narrow-minded populist media won't mention that.

Given that the recent outbreaks are in relatively confined districts, it makes little, if any sense to go full lockdown in areas with no or very low case load; instead go hard on the regions of highest case load, and where there are very few cases, manage those cases individually. Full lockdown where the case load is very low is akin to using an axe to swat a fly off your nose.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
And how do you think that will go for the broader wellbeing of the community? As it is the fallout from the restrictions has caused a greater human toll than the virus itself, although the narrow-minded populist media won't mention that.

Given that the recent outbreaks are in relatively confined districts, it makes little, if any sense to go full lockdown in areas with no or very low case load; instead go hard on the regions of highest case load, and where there are very few cases, manage those cases individually. Full lockdown where the case load is very low is akin to using an axe to swat a fly off your nose.
I think a brief but intensive widespread lockdown is warranted, followed by a gradual easing. Something like 2-3 locked weeks to slow down the spread and get ahead of it a bit. I certainly don't want to go back to months of lockdown like earlier this year.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
And many aren’t. It’s not perfect, but it’s all we have at the moment.
Although the reporting is mostly what They want us to think, the trend seems to be that false positives (which most of Them won't admit are A Thing) outnumber the false negatives by a fair margin.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale

I'd like to qualify that I think that full lock-down would be a terrible idea but as New Zealand is one of the only countries on the planet to achieve practically zero cases then a New Zealand style approach would seem to be the only way to achieve the New Zealand like results that Slappy Bacon Boy mentioned.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The entire population of NZ is about 2/3 that of Victoria, and pretty much uniquely, easily isolated from everywhere else. Which makes the NZ model a fairly irrelvant application anywhere else.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I'll acquiesce that logistically it would be far more difficult to implement here and that I can't yet see that it's warranted here but it still remains that the mechanism to achieve New Zealand like results is a New Zealand style lock-down, the question is whether we want or need New Zealand like results.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I'll acquiesce that logistically it would be far more difficult to implement here and that I can't yet see that it's warranted here but it still remains that the mechanism to achieve New Zealand like results is a New Zealand style lock-down, the question is whether we want or need New Zealand like results.
Would we know the difference, bro?