COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I just heard a horror story from a mate that's a social worker. Expect a new big outbreak in Deer Park that is purely the fault of G4S.
Oh great, another outbreak in the suburbs surrounding my home and work. FFS... :(

[EDIT] I realise a lot of people have it worse than me right now, I'm just finding it a bit nerve-wracking being ringfenced by COVID...

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
purely the fault of...
This whole thing has just been a catalogue of errors, fuck ups and loopholes being exploited.

Just watching the hairdresser in Melb, shutting down tomorrow night... fully booked out until then and working around the clock to get as many appointments done before closing... people really dont get it.

Minlak

custom titis
I don’t think it’s as simple as people don’t get it - there was some statistics that came out that some super high percentage of households are not even able to cover an unexpected bill of just $500 - a lot of people simply won’t get paid if they don’t work

teK--

Eats Squid
This whole thing has just been a catalogue of errors, fuck ups and loopholes being exploited.

Just watching the hairdresser in Melb, shutting down tomorrow night... fully booked out until then and working around the clock to get as many appointments done before closing... people really dont get it.
They are just trying to survive, whilst operating within the rules. What's not to get?

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Yeah. Its a systemic economic f-up. 30% of our workforce are now casuals, people have no savings and are mortgaged to the hilt with critical jobs done by under resourced, unqualified cheap labour.

It's all fun and games until something like this comes along and lays bare how far backwards we've gone as a country.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Yeah. Its a systemic economic f-up. 30% of our workforce are now casuals, people have no savings and are mortgaged to the hilt with critical jobs done by under resourced, unqualified cheap labour.

It's all fun and games until something like this comes along and lays bare how far backwards we've gone as a country.
Was discussing this with the wife this week.
It's so sad.
No access to benefits because they didn't meet the requirements.
Already in debt.
Workplaces actually pursuing people who do the right thing by making a stand against shoddy covid practices (spotless)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I don’t think it’s as simple as people don’t get it - there was some statistics that came out that some super high percentage of households are not even able to cover an unexpected bill of just $500 - a lot of people simply won’t get paid if they don’t work
They are just trying to survive, whilst operating within the rules. What's not to get?
Agree, but squeezing more people in before a deadline is crazy, its begging for community spread.

Yes, people will be financially setback or even ruined, but the aim is to stop Victorians dying.

Not helped by a pre lockdown fling before closing time.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

No reported cases of transmission in vic hairdressers so why not support these businesses before they shut? I’m getting a haircut tomorrow as mate owns the barber shop and he has solid covid safe policies in place, cleaning, masks etc. He is quite paranoid about it all.. His postcode has fk all cases.. not much more active than SA.. I’m sure not many are going without a cut in SA.. Instead of jumping to conclusions, people do get it and are weighing up the risks.. This virus ain’t going away in vic, going to have to live with it..

Minlak

custom titis
Agree, but squeezing more people in before a deadline is crazy, its begging for community spread.

Yes, people will be financially setback or even ruined, but the aim is to stop Victorians dying.

Not helped by a pre lockdown fling before closing time.
I don’t have the answers but people are desperate - not saying it’s right - just saying it’s not as simple as they are being dicks.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
No reported cases of transmission in vic hairdressers so why not support these businesses before they shut? I’m getting a haircut tomorrow as mate owns the barber shop and he has solid covid safe policies in place, cleaning, masks etc. He is quite paranoid about it all.. His postcode has fk all cases.. not much more active than SA.. I’m sure not many are going without a cut in SA.. Instead of jumping to conclusions, people do get it and are weighing up the risks.. This virus ain’t going away in vic, going to have to live with it..
Nosehair trim while you are at it?