COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Meanwhile in Adelaide...

New drive through COVID-19 test clinic has been set up at one of the biggest birthing hospitals in Adelaide.
The queue of cars goes in front of the birthing centre entrance with a security guard ensuring that they don't queue across the zebra crossing...
You are forced to cross that queue of cars with newborns.
This morning, some twat was queued up, windows down, having a coughing fit about 3 cars down the line as I was leaving

Who the actual fuck thought of this?

ausdb

Being who he is
Sounds like a lucky break. You've nailed it though, people have precaution fatigue. In Newcastle, despite Sydney blowing up and a few hotspots in the area, people seem to have just stopped giving a fuck.
It's the same in Perth nobody seems to GAF any more, if the genie gets out of a bottle/hotel here we'll all be fscked.
I was down at Margaret River in the Southwest a week ago and was refreshingly surprised at how serious people were talking it still. My employer is happy for us to stay WFH so I'm still keeping my distance from most people for the time being

Last edited by a moderator:

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Not everywhere, it seems with what's happening down in Vic has really struck a chord here and made people finally take notice. Lots of people wearing masks (where last week it would have <10%), social distancing is harder in some venues but the local pubs/cafes/restaurants are at capacity and are rigorous with complying.

I just hope it's enough and not too little too late.

And on a shit note, apparently the local Woolies was completely out of TP this afternoon...really people, FFS.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Congrats @Ackland! I'm about seven weeks from my second one's due date. Strange times to be dealing with it all. No visitors under 16 at the hospital at this stage so my son will have to wait until we're home to meet his new brother, hopefully we're in and out!

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Congrats @Ackland! I'm about seven weeks from my second one's due date. Strange times to be dealing with it all. No visitors under 16 at the hospital at this stage so my son will have to wait until we're home to meet his new brother, hopefully we're in and out!
Yeah we were there for a check up last week and there was a migrant family who couldn't comprehend that their kids couldn't meet their sibling.
The poor dad was on his own so no option to have someone else mind the kids.
He looked gutted that he had to leave.

Congratulations to the @Ackland household.

At least now you can put all that 24hr practice to good use.
I was more shattered after that than a 24!
I even almost fainted at one point when Alex was bracing against me for a long contraction and cut off my blood supply for a few minutes

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Congrats. Very weird time indeed. My brother is having is first in the next week and god only knows when we'll actually get to meet her.

The further business lockdowns came into effect as of last night and it was very eerie on my walk this morning. Other than a few joggers there was basically nobody out an about, and the lack of vehicle noises is really offputting.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Congrats. Very weird time indeed. My brother is having is first in the next week and god only knows when we'll actually get to meet her.

The further business lockdowns came into effect as of last night and it was very eerie on my walk this morning. Other than a few joggers there was basically nobody out an about, and the lack of vehicle noises is really offputting.
Thanks for the vote of confidence mike14. But sorry, I don't actually know when you will get to meet her.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I was more shattered after that than a 24!
I even almost fainted at one point when Alex was bracing against me for a long contraction and cut off my blood supply for a few minutes
I'm sure Alex will be full of sympathy for you! :D

Have to chuckle... I'm sure @johnny wasn't expecting that after 325 pages of discussion in this thread on the world turning to shit, horrible statistics, hoarding, lockdowns, grubby security guards, Karens, second waves and more lockdowns, we'd get to babies!