COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
seppos don’t seem to think Covid was enough...
US man in his 20s dies of plague
A young man in New Mexico dies of septicaemic plague, 24 hours after Chinese authorities reported the death of a man from bubonic plague in Inner Mongolia. Read the full story
Shared from ABC app

indica

Serial flasher
It's quite interesting how the fuck tards that came back from Melbourne (lippies) did not cause an outbreak at all.
Melbourne is fucked and no community transmission in Brisbane.
Befuddling.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
It's quite interesting how the fuck tards that came back from Melbourne (lippies) did not cause an outbreak at all.
Befuddling.
beleive it or not, there are stll some people in Melbourne who havent got covid19. they were probably just lucky to only bump into those few people.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Befuddling.
We had a similar 'FFS here it comes' moment 7 days ago, but they locked it down pretty fast and it seems ok, nothing so far.

All the drive through testing clinics in Adelaide are still packed out today, lots of people worried about the listed places that the infectious people visited.

Hope it ends up as just cluster as they call it.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
beleive it or not, there are stll some people in Melbourne who havent got covid19. they were probably just lucky to only bump into those few people.
Hang on, they did have Covid so they weren’t lucky. So far Brisbane seems to have been, but give it a couple of weeks after the pre-closure border rush.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Hang on, they did have Covid so they weren’t lucky. So far Brisbane seems to have been, but give it a couple of weeks after the pre-closure border rush.
Not out of the woods just yet as you say; I have no idea how we appeared to have dodged a bullet with the recent cases here, considering the number of places the infected individuals frequented. The border isn't really closed either; this whole "travel between local postcodes either side of the border bubble" is an ongoing risk. Similar to the NSW/VIC border, I understand that people living in one state and working in the other need to ability to pass through, but as soon a an infected person from elsewhere in NSW travels into those border postcodes, it has the potential to turn to shit for QLD. The ABC reported earlier today that the Premier and CMO are keeping an eye on NSW cases and if they start appearing closer to the border, the cross border travel bubble could be stopped.

Hope all our Victorian folk are doing ok - sad days at present with the number of deaths, a lagging indication of the aged care situation over the last couple of weeks. Fortunately the daily numbers are coming down and for the first time in a while the growth factor is below one... just.

The US is at 0.98 so it's hardly worth celebrating.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
if my theory of people going to get tested on weekends proves true then tommorow and wednesdays numbers could be up again....

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not being a doomer, but I reckon (from reading various sources) that once there is community transfer the virus is away.. Ruby princess lab experiment showed 30%+ of positives had zip symptoms..
Doesn’t mean QLD, SA or NSW will become Melb just because the virus is circulating. If you look at what happened overseas ie Italy, only certain areas were smashed while a few hundred km’s away was spared. It may be once the conditions (season, population density etc) are favourable for the virus, it goes nuts..
Like Vietnam right now with cases coming out of thin air, so to speak..

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just went and had my first covid test.
Needed the all clear so I can go in for my surgery.

Happy to report that they no longer take a swab from the base of your brain. Pretty much just both sides of your throat and just a little way up both nostrils.
Even the doc made mention that it used to be pretty savage!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Happy to report that they no longer take a swab from the base of your brain. Pretty much just both sides of your throat and just a little way up both nostrils.
Of course that happens after I get reemed.

creaky

XMAS Plumper

and I thought I was just tougher than my wife and mate who were traumastised by their tests a month before I had one !