COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Freediver

I can go full Karen
the research looked at one particular bacteria, Psychrobacter arcticus..so named cos it resides in ice at the arctic, and what would be grouped an extremophile, that is its native habitat and it does not cause any kind of infection - i fail to see the relevance, i had pointed out a few organisms can survive freezing, such as said north’s american wood frog.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
i see abc reporting 500 peeps have died worldwide from covid stupidity, eg drinking things like metho/bleach to ward off virus, another 5000 have been hospitalised for same stuff

moorey

call me Mia
i see abc reporting 500 peeps have died worldwide from covid stupidity, eg drinking things like metho/bleach to ward off virus, another 5000 have been hospitalised for same stuff
It happens when you buy into fake news. Frankly, I’m surprised you’re still with us.

Daniel Hale

It happens when you buy into fake news. Frankly, I’m surprised you’re still with us.
i’m here to debunk covid myths & analyse fake news reports, trying to find real data - i’m also a big fan of darwinian survival of the fittest, it’s the major reason i’m a proponent for the swedish model & not current aus govt policy

moorey

call me Mia
i’m here to debunk covid myths & analyse fake news reports, trying to find real data - i’m also a big fan of darwinian survival of the fittest, it’s the major reason i’m a proponent for the swedish model & not current aus govt policy
AKA, bullshit.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
if its anything like your opinion on steepening head angles, front derailleurs, single speed and lack of wearing a helmet then there's good reason i choose to zone out.

Daniel Hale

AKA, bullshit.
as scientific as that sounds i prefer to look at actual data, see below..based on the graph you’d have to say sweden appear to have come thru, we just delayed the inevitable..there’s one thing you can do to avoid these viruses, covid-19, influenza, common colds - live in the antarctic where there is no virus and the cold conditions make it nearly impossible for the viruses to survive
has sweden had more deaths = of course, are we being omnipotent pricks thinking we can eliminate this = certainly
am i a humanist = not in this lifetime..
i’ve seen enough people who whilst living would b better off to have passed, when i was a kid fresh out of uni - i didn’t need to imagine what people in concentration camps looked like, i need only walk down the leukaemia ward 1 floor above the lab where i worked

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
i don’t see how, freezing destroys almost every virus/bacteria/anything else small or big for that matter - including humans - the reason is whence you freeze water, it forms shards or daggers, which tend to piece cells like tiny little daggers.,it’s why we can’t bring a frozen human back to life
I thought virii are generally a few strands of DNA/RNA wrapped in a protein shell. This is why you hear that they exist between being alive and dead. There is very little if any gooey stuff inside of them.

some bacteria like anthrax/TB can survive long periods, it’s because they have a waxy/fatty outer coating, akin to a seed..they lie dormant & when conditions are right the seed essentially opens up & the bacteria / virus can start replicating again, but viruses are not living creatures they rely on their host for survival - and they can’t survive outside a host for very long like bacteria can
I agree. I thought a virus could remain dormant for a long time until the right condtions come along to awaken them? Provided no nasties like radiation, chemicals, Glen-20 and of course dishwashing liquid and other stuff doesn't come along in the meantime to mess up their petite little viral bodies.

Does make you wonder how they originated to begin with. The answer is usually aliens.

Or something...............

moorey

call me Mia
as scientific as that sounds i prefer to look at actual data, see below..based on the graph you’d have to say sweden appear to have come thru, we just delayed the inevitable..there’s one thing you can do to avoid these viruses, covid-19, influenza, common colds - live in the antarctic where there is no virus and the cold conditions make it nearly impossible for the viruses to survive
has sweden had more deaths = of course, are we being omnipotent pricks thinking we can eliminate this = certainly
am i a humanist = not in this lifetime..
i’ve seen enough people who whilst living would b better off to have passed, when i was a kid fresh out of uni - i didn’t need to imagine what people in concentration camps looked like, i need only walk down the leukaemia ward 1 floor above the lab where i worked

View attachment 365928
Sweden will flatten the curve around the same time. Only with many many times the deaths.

I believe that you READ some credible sources. The problem is how you interpret them.

Daniel Hale

Sweden will flatten the curve around the same time. Only with many many times the deaths.

I believe that you READ some credible sources. The problem is how you interpret them.
sweden’s curve is much flatter than ours presently, i already stated they had exp. many more deaths, their data shows to me they have come out the other side, they just had no flat spot like us in the middle..it’s nothing about reading credible sources, most of what you read online is written by people who are failed scientists, go into media careers and sensationalise stuff to get more clicks..i tend to look just at data, graphs etc - most graphs aren’t open to mis-interpretation, look at sweden numbers, they had many more cases, atealst 10 fold, probably 10 fold or more deaths also, they may exp a 3rd wave come xmas, when people are celebrating the holidays, it gets cold again & people are generally in closer contact

Last edited:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
look at sweden numbers, they had many more cases, atealst 10 food, probably 10 fold or more deaths also, they may exp a 3rd wave come xmas, when people are celebrating the holidays, it gets cold again & people are generally in closer contact
Sounds great let’s do it.

Daniel Hale

I agree. I thought a virus could remain dormant for a long time until the right condtions come along to awaken them? Provided no nasties like radiation, chemicals, Glen-20 and of course dishwashing liquid and other stuff doesn't come along in the meantime to mess up their petite little viral bodies.

Does make you wonder how they originated to begin with. The answer is usually aliens.
whilst some viruses can survive a long time, most need a host to survive in , colds viruses can last up to 7bdays-ish, influenza only lasts around 24 hrs, even after 2 hr usually not enough live virus to cause an infection in someone. Herpes viruses can only survive again for a couple of days, HIV about the same

most certainly the virus is from a mammal of some description, has probably existed in their population for many years without crossing over..eg cowpox infects cows/their udders are infectious but milkmaids only get a mild disease, smallpox is likely a mutation of this, happens to be deadly for many humans
avian flu exists in many birds without causing death rates, yet a much higher human death rate. swine flu etc etc, HIV appears to be a mutation of a simeon (monkey virus)