COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
US has topped 4000 deaths a day, holy crap, the country is a mess. Let’s hope the lock down in Brisbane works and we get the country back to sort of normal.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I left Brissy on Wednesday to do some work in northern NSW, and am now holed down for three days courtesy of COVUK. It’s the same approach that SA used with their recent Parafield outbreak and totally the right way to do it IMO, particularly as it’s the new Pommy pox variant. Apparently 80% of return travellers are coming from countries that have the UK strain - collective sphincters are rightfully puckering in the National Cabinet.

What is stupid is that there is no national standard for HQ management. Surely after the clusterfuck in Victoria the other states had assimilated the lessons learnt and tightened up their own HQ processes. Yet breaches are still occurring and arguably the highest risk workers in the country at the moment are free to work multiple jobs and only get tested weekly - they’re potentially infectious in the community for a week before it gets picked up. If these workers are exposed to infection risk on a daily basis, then why the fuck aren’t they being tested on a daily basis?

The Aus Govt is bringing in mandatory rapid testing of travellers at the point of origin - they should be doing similar with the potentially at-risk workers like air crews, airport transfer bus drivers and anyone working in quarantine hotels. Daily testing of all those workers as a minimum, and preferably have them working in “reverse bubbles” where possible to limit potential spread into the community.

shiny

@Nambra agree, not sure of all the details for NZ HQ but it seems to be working for them. All outbreaks we have had have been breaches from HQ. Really needs to be changed or we will keep getting breaches, not sure of the right way to do it though but more regular testing would be a good start.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Does Straya seriously believe they can keep certain more virulent strains of the virus out of the general population?

This is going to be a long hard road - the vaccine won't do much for a year, most likely.

The safety data on the vaccines is still an unknown, no matter how it's framed.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ask your partner to assist with this test .
  • Eat Beans , Nachos , Good Curry , Brown Beer - Guiness will suffice
  • Go to bed
  • Wait for nature to progress .......No , Not that - Digestion ya dirty buggers
  • Fart .
  • Pull up covers over partners head
  • If they struggle , they DONT have Covid
* You are Safe *

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
^ That’s why I consider it a public service to fart in elevators, announcing “covid check” to assure people I’m only doing it for their benefit.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
While I’m seeing way more mask compliance, there is still a lot who can’t wear them properly.

You can lead a horse to....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This won't stop. Nose over the top. Mask on chin. Tshirt pulled over mouth. It's not hard, but it's clearly too hard for some...

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
I really don't understand this Australian Open fiasco - First off we are letting people into the country to play tennis when we are dealing with the "UK Strain" - We are letting them in when there are Australian people being denied access - And now 47 of the players are in hard lockdown as they came in on planes that have now produced positive tests.
Surely if you are spending the money to get these people here as its vital to our economy you would charter planes just for the athletes - Hope they are paying for their own quarantine like the rest of the people caught up in this!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I really don't understand this Australian Open fiasco - First off we are letting people into the country to play tennis when we are dealing with the "UK Strain" - We are letting them in when there are Australian people being denied access - And now 47 of the players are in hard lockdown as they came in on planes that have now produced positive tests.
Surely if you are spending the money to get these people here as its vital to our economy you would charter planes just for the athletes - Hope they are paying for their own quarantine like the rest of the people caught up in this!
They just wash their balls in Dettol.

shiny

It’s a News.com.au article but 29 deaths from the Pfizer vaccine. Interesting to see if they decide to roll it out or hold off for longer to see if that increases.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
ABC reports it as 29 with side effects, 13 deaths.

Edit - I see what the cheeky fuckers did there. Said 13 deaths with another 16 under review. Didn't say 16 what, could be deaths, illnesses, potatoes, awkward teenage romances

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Last edited: