COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So unkind..

We’ll be in lockdown until the government is 150% certain there is at most zero chance it’s not circulating.

And yeah, the only thing you notice in Perth during lockdown is the shops are a bit busier.
You reckon it will continue past the week? My ummmmm contact over there tells me they were stuck in their local Woolworths for hours yesterday trying to get groceries as they were pretty much out at home.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
You reckon it will continue past the week? My ummmmm contact over there tells me they were stuck in their local Woolworths for hours yesterday trying to get groceries as they were pretty much out at home.
Rumours of a pending lock down circulated a few hours before the announcement so there was a run on the shops before many even knew what was going on. We’re almost out of food as our usual fortnightly order was booked for late Sunday and both Woolies and Cole’s cancelled. Things should settle down pretty quickly though.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Rumours of a pending lock down circulated a few hours before the announcement so there was a run on the shops before many even knew what was going on. We’re almost out of food as our usual fortnightly order was booked for late Sunday and both Woolies and Cole’s cancelled. Things should settle down pretty quickly though.
Hows the lockdown vs fires going? People still panicking in the shops etc?

Good Morning Melbournians! ITS GROUNDHOG DAY!!
How so?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
A 26yr old Hotel Quarantine worker tested positive after being tested negative after their shift, and has been out and about living their life... They are expecting many cases after all the places he's been and the amount of close contacts he has....

safreek

OK, so, the old fella that raised all that money in England. He had pneumonia for 2 weeks before catching covid, dies from pneumonia (apparently) and the official cause of death is covid. Very weird.

Seems that in the UK if you die within 28 days of a positive test that is the official cause if death.
Don't think I disbelieve that covid exists but obviously the figures are bring fudged.

On another point completely, how the fuck don't people enjoy Perth, it's a great town except for the Victorians , probably about 50 percent population

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Seems fatal optimism at the health department is going to kill us all. How the fuck can “we” leave fellow citizens stuck overseas, who would have exhausted their cash, with no work, mountains of debt just from living, in a foreign country that treats foreigners like we treated our foreigners , while a pandemic rages.

We really are selfish cunts. Our different levels of government really are not working together.

Mass public sports enterprises during a pandemic. Really fucking stupid. If this blows out to a full lockdown, tennis australia should face the full wrath of the people.

moorey

call me Mia
No! I don't like tennis but it brings money - What should happen is they should employ staff that live on site in quarantine as well - then say once a month or every 3 mths they rotate them out after a 14 day quarantine themselves - actually pay enough and people will gladly do it
TLDR. Fuck Borg.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Oh and those useless cunts at the department of health. Their website is the offical source for all rule changes. Does the web lackey only work Fridays? During one of the rule changes back in November, a draft document with hand wiring made it up onto the website for 15 minutes. Absolute armature hour.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
We really are selfish cunts. Our different levels of government really are not working together.
I have weekly arguments with members of my family who worship at the altar of Team Scomo and think he's doing a wonderful job. My retort is "okay if I spend the week doing fuck all at work and taking credit for everyone else's slog does that make me wonderful?" Topic of conversation gets changed after for some reason.

There needs to be national leadership here, not the Trumpian bullshit of "use work it out for yourselves" that ScoMo is addicted to.

Still reckon the Victorian approach of targeted restrictions rather than full lockdowns is the way to go... for now. We'll be right. Despite ScoMo.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Mass public sports enterprises during a pandemic. Really fucking stupid. If this blows out to a full lockdown, tennis australia should face the full wrath of the people.
Agreed. What grinds my gears is that the city wide lockdowns were done since 'It is a health issue and health comes first. No business for you. Off you go to home and stock up on toilet paper'. Ok, I'm with them there, reluctantly but what can you do. Health is No1, right.

Next up, 'Here's tennis' 'But...............but, what about public health coming first and staying safe etc you were all chestbeating about earlier'......................... 'Ummm.....Here's tennis'

Roll on that someone with a vested interest will pop up and say 'We can't have this virus destroying our way of life. Here's tennis'

Then the genie gets out of the bottle again and 'We are going into lockdown again in the interests of public health and safety'

Bags of dick all round.