COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Stupid people. I've even had to explain this to multiple family members today!

That's the state of emergency!!! Nothing to do with lockdown! And yes that date will be extended again! Just like it has been multiple times since the first restrictions were put in place!
The key very ambiguous phrase is "restricted activity period". Which may or may not be the underlying SoE. Easy to be both misininterpreted by the masses and abused by the powers.....

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Looks like the leader of the opposition has also jumped on the bandwagon.

View attachment 372449
Was talking to my Herald Sun reading FIL in Melbourne, whinging about Daniel Andrews and how he is wreaking the state blah blah. Sigh. The dude is nearly 80, i think the value in re edumacating him properly at this point in minimal....

But bloody hell its easy to sway a bogan population with that bullshit. Depressing.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
How'd yous go ? Is all lifted and back to normal ?

I should probably GooGle it but the news is down, social media is down, the world is down... everything is down.
wish I'd bought dan murphy and jb hi-fi shares :p

fark, lockdowns seem to be just part of everyday life here. All the shops are more or less open. 5km leash is off again. Vic people are still supposed to wear masks except when cycling or jogging, but during the last 5 days I saw a lot of fuckwits wandering around without, esp teens and 20 somethings, no mask, exposed nose/dick style, or utterly useless chinstrap style.
If you were thinking of opening a business, forget bar/cafe/restaurant or bricks 'n mortar shop - unless it's a bottleO. no point. periodic lockdowns will be a part of life for a long time, I think, as will buying more things online.

it's a fuckton easier to buy something online, than battle traffic to the other side of town, and then get told that the thing you want is out of stock and they can order it in for you. Even my local bikebug has FA in the shop. might as well buy from the website, or click and collect if I need to smuggle something into the house.

Last edited:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The ignorance of Donald around Covid will surely hurt America for many years to come, that's without all the other shitstorms he has created globally.
Who is going to want to travel there or let people in from there?