COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Off the top of my head. They traveled in two trucks not the one they were permitted to. They didn’t wear masks as already mentioned. They stopped at a bunch of road houses and mingled. They had showers. They bullshitted non stop to the authorities and possibly allowed this thing to spread further by mis informing them. They lied at every turn. Maybe there’s nothing more they can be fined for I dunno but a couple from nsw got fined several thousands for sneaking into SA. I’m guessing you’re not in Melbourne and therefore can’t understand the anger we have towards those pricks for putting us unnecessarily in this position.
Oh. And they brought the fucking virus here and through their irresponsible behaviour gave it to us.
The reasoning by the Police for the relatively low fine is put forward in the article below. The gist of it is that under State guidelines it is permissible to remove your mask if you're conducting strenuous activities so they were in the clear on that front apart from one lad who had his mask off when he wasn't shifting furniture.

As for the uncooperative nature, it sounds like they were just dumb and couldn't clearly recollect where theyd been. I've got mates who manage to get lost on a single street so I'm not surprised a bunch of furniture lifters from a different state couldn't remember the location of every servo they stopped at on the way.

That, or they're dirty, stinking rats who've sold out their supplier to the Feds to escape punishment.

Victoria COVID: Sydney removalists who brought Delta to Melbourne won’t be charged (theage.com.au)

CHEWY

Eats Squid
"One of a team of Sydney removalists who entered Victoria while unknowingly infected with coronavirus has been fined for not wearing a mask, but authorities have found no other evidence the trio breached any laws or public health guidelines."

I'm not defending them and yes they apparently weren't helpful but sounds like another trial by media as usual.

That said there's also a lot of anecdotal evidence (i.e 'gossip') that they may have been up to no good and transporting a bit more than just furniture, in which case a $200 fine is definitely out of whack OR they've turned snitch.

Sounds like conspiracy theory..

Jpez

Down on the left!
It IS possible that if they followed all their permit rules and wore their masks then they wouldn’t have spread Covid in Victoria But they didn’t. Wether it’s $200 fine or 2m. It’s irrelevant. They still did a cunt of a thing and so are all those truckers balling over the border without getting tested because it chafes their nostrils. Lockdown no. Six in 5.4.3…..