COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

danncam

Likes Dirt
I originally booked for september, for a pfizer, out in wonthaggi because thats the closest i could get an appointment (sepetember because i turn 40 that month)

Then they changed the rules and wifey (who's not nearly 40 like me) was able to get an AZ shot this week in nearby cranbourne. i've gone and rebooked for cranny too, easily able to get a spot for next week, and it looks like the rescheduling has carried over the pfizer jab for me. I'm not particularly concerned which one i get, but really dont want to get turned around because i'm a couple of weeks shy of 40 and dont meet the requirements. Does anyone know if I'm in the clear here?
You will most likely be offered AZ if you are still a wee lad in your 30s.

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
I think the government didn't make it easy enough to get vaccinated, I was elegible for the vaccine in March but didn't get it until May because it wasn't clear how to actually book in and get it.

If the vaccine was rolled out similar to the flu shot with it being offered in workplaces, pharmacies and GPs from the start then I'm sure more people would be vaccinated and we wouldn't have the mad rush we do now.

For the covid vaccine I had to take 2 hours off work for each shot because I had to drive there, park, walk in, get shot, wait 15 mins, walk back to car, and by then it wasn't worth going back to work. Compare that with the flu shot where I just go to the first aid room at my booked time, get the shot, wait in the break room for 15 mins then go back to work.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Vaccine drive thru in Melton Vic at the old Bunnings site is a great idea.

Stay in your own car, get the jab, park up for 15mins then drive away.

No queuing in a Docs waiting area, musical chairs up the corridor to get jabbed, then sit in a crowded waiting room for 15 mins spreading your vid.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Vaccine drive thru in Melton Vic at the old Bunnings site is a great idea.

Stay in your own car, get the jab, park up for 15mins then drive away.

No queuing in a Docs waiting area, musical chairs up the corridor to get jabbed, then sit in a crowded waiting room for 15 mins spreading your vid.
We all know what would have made it just that bit better though….

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
I think the government didn't make it easy enough to get vaccinated, I was elegible for the vaccine in March but didn't get it until May because it wasn't clear how to actually book in and get it.

If the vaccine was rolled out similar to the flu shot with it being offered in workplaces, pharmacies and GPs from the start then I'm sure more people would be vaccinated and we wouldn't have the mad rush we do now.

For the covid vaccine I had to take 2 hours off work for each shot because I had to drive there, park, walk in, get shot, wait 15 mins, walk back to car, and by then it wasn't worth going back to work. Compare that with the flu shot where I just go to the first aid room at my booked time, get the shot, wait in the break room for 15 mins then go back to work.
Pfizer has to be stored at transported and -80C, and once warmed up for sticking into people's arms has a very limited shelf life, so it's not suited for your garden variety pharmacy, GP or mobile vax unit.

Reactions: D2R

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I doubt it will be a sackable offence, especially in hospo and jobs that are hard to fill..
But in big corp I can see a non vaxxed professional job suddenly turn into a stay home data entry role on half the pay..
Established laws already require employers to provide employees a safe work space and ensure their customers are not endangered. Having an unvaccinated hospo worker endangers both staff and customers. The challenge is how to enforce it without breaking some other law or impinging on established rights.

So while it might not be "sackable" in the traditional "get the Vax or ill fire you" scenario there, are plenty of established routes of managing people out legaly due to the role requirements changing and you no longer being able to perform them.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
We should have had enough doses of all vaccines that vaccination could occur door-to-door. It's been bloody inconvenient to go an get on each occasion and I have the luxury of being my own boss. It must be very difficult for the less fortunate who can't make an appointment at any random time night or day.

If we could vaccinate whole suburbs in the one go then I think you'd see vaccination rates in the high 90's. For once peer group pressure would be a positive thing. It would also be fantastic for the less-able that just find it physically difficult to get to a vaccination center.

We should also be doing whole suburb/lga testing perhaps using the rapid PCR tests. Again, bring the testing to the people.

If there's an outbreak in an area, you lock it down, go door to door testing and (if negative) immunizing. Hand out PPE and info and move on. Compliance and vaccination rates would be through the roof.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
We should have had enough doses of all vaccines that vaccination could occur door-to-door. It's been bloody inconvenient to go an get on each occasion and I have the luxury of being my own boss. It must be very difficult for the less fortunate who can't make an appointment at any random time night or day.

If we could vaccinate whole suburbs in the one go then I think you'd see vaccination rates in the high 90's. For once peer group pressure would be a positive thing. It would also be fantastic for the less-able that just find it physically difficult to get to a vaccination center.

We should also be doing whole suburb/lga testing perhaps using the rapid PCR tests. Again, bring the testing to the people.

If there's an outbreak in an area, you lock it down, go door to door testing and (if negative) immunizing. Hand out PPE and info and move on. Compliance and vaccination rates would be through the roof.
Also a good way of employing large numbers of people from service industries that have been negatively affected by the pandemic, we could call it JobJabber since we know the Gov loves a catchy name.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Agreed @Scotty T, they’re being very professional and careful about masks and checking in. I was having a chat to a Ski Patrol bloke on a lift the other day, and he said their system detects people who’ve been changing their address when lockdown hits and automatically suspending lift access. Apparently 60 people in Newcastle alone changed address the day their lockdown hit, and they all got sent messages saying not to bother.

Really feel for all the people who can’t come, and a lot of the businesses I’m familiar with are bleeding. Fingers crossed Canberra keeps dodging covid, but it does seem inevitable looking at NSW.
I'm still banking on breaking free with enough slush on the ground to squeeze in another trio for some slug slashing late in the season. I am pretty sure that won't be for the next couple of weeks though!

If your authorities really want to keep it out, Canberra isn't a difficult place to block entries to. It's easy enough to turn people back at gun point...

Not particularly good if you're a lift operator
Owner? Yeah not so good. Operator? Fucking great! Who wants to be busy with all those annoying arseholes lining up?

For all the "I'm young and healthy, it won't effect me!" types:

View attachment 378733
What further details so they have on these ICU patients? Are they big fat fuckers? Smokers? Diabetics? Unhealthy maccas munchers? Asthmatics? Chlamydia sufferers? fit and healthy cyclists? Plain unlucky?

For what it's actually worth, I am fucking sick of hearing about the importance of being vaccinated. The government has well and truely fucked up the vaccine roll out so all their bullshit lecturing about the importance of being vaccinated is like a huge slap in the face of everyone, especially as people are being left with no choice but to take the less than optimal option because ScoMo couldn't organise a root in a brothel.

By all means vaccination is important and don't delay getting it. I would just like a little less bullshit about it all.
You don't need to listen to scientists when you have God on your side

Yeah. I think you've got the mail on the head there in that the current feds thought we were far enough away to sit it out while it just dissapeared on its own in 6-12 months for no apparent reason they hedged all their bets on it either being a non-issue or it just fizzing out by itself. And when it turned out it was neither, they've still dragged their feet on the two things that could see us all in a good position - vaccines and traveller quarantine.

It really is beyond belief that we were at zero with a massive expanse of ocean between us and anyone else, and still managed to expose almost the entire country again while we were almost completely unvaccinated.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
We are fucking brilliant...more than 18 months into this shit and realistically all our government has done to keep us at a reduced level of risk is roll the dice. What a useless cunt!

safreek

I disagree with most of you because I'm a nasty bastard on the no treatment for the covid violators.
I think we need to get them fit and we'll so we can then give them a whopping bill for all the money they have cost the community.

Send the pricks broke and take everything they own, if that's not enough to cover the cost, take most of their pay, dole or whatever, make the bastard homeless after they get out of gaol. Completely destroy their lives until they no longer have anything to live for. Then we all know where it goes from there

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Lol, the ****'s been named. Let the doxxing begin!

"NSW Police are investigating whether Mr Radovanovic had been looking at real estate in the area."

My mind remains blown that this is considered a legitimate reason to travel...and should be easy to fabricate as an excuse post issue.

safreek

"NSW Police are investigating whether Mr Radovanovic had been looking at real estate in the area."

My mind remains blown that this is considered a legitimate reason to travel...and should be easy to fabricate as an excuse post issue.
Maaaate, tell me who has the money to buy in Byron. Probs the people who vote for her.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bathurst skirted Covid cases and potential lockdown for the last few weeks. But all it took was a prisoner transfer to our local jail and I’m assuming tomorrow we have won ourselves a lockdown.
Well, maybe the whole state of NSW will get a lockdown, the cat has left the station me thinks.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Bathurst skirted Covid cases and potential lockdown for the last few weeks. But all it took was a prisoner transfer to our local jail and I’m assuming tomorrow we have won ourselves a lockdown.
Well, maybe the whole state of NSW will get a lockdown, the cat has left the station me thinks.
But the LGA-based lockdowns have been so effective!