COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats the one. Scared myself once or thrice coming into those jumps a bit hot... (which is anything over lukewarm frankly...).
When I rode them, same thing happened. Think that trail is quite poorly built in that normal trail speed is waaaay beyond the jumps. Recipe for disaster on first try.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
When I rode them, same thing happened. Think that trail is quite poorly built in that normal trail speed is waaaay beyond the jumps. Recipe for disaster on first try.
Yeah, easy to come unstuck if you're not super cautious.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Buck? Disagree. Been a few times, Always looked after us fantastically.

Or is a douce a compliment I’m unaware of?
It's not. There have been more than a few negative reports, including my own interactions. He was just pissed I got Kirsty to drop me at the top of Blue Tier and I rode up the hill from the pub to the top of Atlas - he was pretty rude, and the woman in his shop when I asked for some directions was worse - actually flat out said "why would i help you if youre not paying for shuttle?". Points for honesty I guess, but no points for ensuring I never buy a shuttle from them!

Reactions: PJO

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Buck? Disagree. Been a few times, Always looked after us fantastically.
He looks after the people who pay for his shuttles and rental bikes.

Its the people who dont use his services, competitors and business that may benefit indirectly from anything he does that feel the pain.

He has done a lot for Derby but that doesnt mean he owns the place or has the right to stifle competition moving in on 'his patch'.

We had planned a boys trip around November 2020 and would 100% be using Josh from Up-Down-Around or if it was just casual shuttles, the Evolution buggy. The blokes who drive the buggies are the most polite, respectful and helpful blokes on the shuttle road.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Who are they referring to as cockroaches? The tone of that statement and including “Victorians not allowed” doesn’t sit well with me.
You would get a personalised ad denigrating croweaters and cockroaches.

The only common theme in all the ads, even to Sydney, would be no cockroaches.

stoff

Likes Dirt
Wierd feeling going through sunday night prep for the school week with the big return tomorrow. Of course the big kid has outgrown uniforms which he figured out today after a week of nagging to try.

Not that lockdown was fun but i am going to miss having them around so much.
Prompted by a convenient redundancy I deliberately started my own consultancy business in late 2019 so I could control my workload and have more time at home with my kids during their final years before school (currently have a prep and a 4yo kindergartner). I did not plan to have this much time with them! I have loved it (and hated it at times). I really gained an appreciation of what my wife had to deal with day to day as well.

Still very happy school is back. Now I can ride at lunchtime rather than be the relief parent.

moorey

call me Mia
Who are they referring to as cockroaches? The tone of that statement and including “Victorians not allowed” doesn’t sit well with me.
Badly aimed attempt at humour, no question.
I’ve always used Buck and found him great to deal with. Haven’t been to Derby in 3-4 years, mind.
Do the people saying he’s trying to have a monopoly, feel the same way about Blue Dirt on virtually every Victorian mountain?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Badly aimed attempt at humour, no question.
I’ve always used Buck and found him great to deal with. Haven’t been to Derby in 3-4 years, mind.
Do the people saying he’s trying to have a monopoly, feel the same way about Blue Dirt on virtually every Victorian mountain?
Maybe. But the nightmare we’ve been through leaves me with little patience for disparaging remarks or bad humour aimed in our direction. Maybe I’m being a bit sensitive but that sort of attitude doesn’t make me want to throw cash his way.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Maybe. But the nightmare we’ve been through leaves me with little patience for disparaging remarks or bad humour aimed in our direction. Maybe I’m being a bit sensitive but that sort of attitude doesn’t make me want to throw cash his way.
...and I heard he also refers to someone who gives up easily in the face of difficulty on trail as a "Melbourne".