COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Thank you, I never scrolled down. As I feared remote communities are low. Just where the fucking grey gonads are going. :(
From the sounds of it, most communities have low vax rates but uptake is increasing. There was an article about one particular community where most indigenous people are vaxxed, but they are sadly the exception not the rule. It was thanks to heavy campaigning by a highly regarded community member who helped assuage people's fears.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
From the sounds of it, most communities have low vax rates but uptake is increasing. There was an article about one particular community where most indigenous people are vaxxed, but they are sadly the exception not the rule. It was thanks to heavy campaigning by a highly regarded community member who helped assuage people's fears.
I think it is improving after some disgusting mis information but the risk is high of an outbreak. Low Vax rates and limited medical resources. Last trip I reckon I saw the worst of the grey gonads and it is not going to improve until some can get back on a plane and fuck off to Europe or the Americas. I fucking hate people...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Anyone know the Vax rates of remote communities?
Pretty bad according to my Police mate who is working in the APY lands.

They have had really great mobile program to attract the remote, but only some have taken it up.

Let's say there my be a financial benefit in the form of food and drink vouchers for those who participate.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
do you mean 90% people have antibodies because 90% of the population have had covid or 90% have antibodies because of a mixture of covid recoveries and vaccines administered?

I'm assuming you mean the latter.

THough last napkin math I did a couple weeks back, recorded covid cases since day 1 (whatever that is) accounted for only ~10% of their population being infected.
Antibodies will include those that have had it and those immunised. Herd immunity dies not aopear to be working in the UK.

slowmick

38-39"
Most workplaces will only accept a test they carry out or a government negative result. I assume these ones are people to use at home before they visit grandma just in case they are asymptomatic with the vaccine.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Given the common cold is a coronavirus, I wonder whether there is just never going to be a scenario where we are all immune :(
What I've heard is that we'll (hopefully) eventually hit a point where it's endemic. Meaning we're getting it and living with it but that it's not killing us by the truckload anymore - like the flu that was our last major pandemic.

It's worked for every other pandemic thus far. And I guess at the end of the day its not in a viruses best interests to kill us all, they kinda need us.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, I have just unwittingly become the case study for Covid amongst Rotorburn.

Partner has received a text today to say she is positive from a test on Thursday. We have 3 kids under 5 (4.5 and 14 month olds twins)
She has been devastated all day.

Was feeling unwell on Wednesday afternoon (Cold symptoms) and decided to get tested Thursday morning. Hasn’t seemed much more serious than any other sniffle we get with kids or her hay fever or asthma flare ups due to changing season/weather. She’s been quite vigilant with getting tested and this is probably her 7th or 8th test over the 18 month Covid journey.

I don’t know if I have it yet and wouldn’t say I am feeling any more ordinary than usual with lack of sleep and kids.

Have to say, we are fairly cautious with our interactions, always wearing masks and don’t currently mingle for work. Both check in everywhere we go (supermarket, petrol and food). I am interested to see how much information we get about where it comes from or dates. It’s a genuine mystery to us.

14 days of isolation is going to be one hell of a challenge with the kids!

2021 has been a bitch of a year.

Edit: We are both double vaxxed, thank fuck!

Last edited:

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
so much covid shaming, I am sick of it!
If you get it, you get it..you do what is expected of you to minimise others getting it and be kind to your self to aide in recovering and getting back up to 100%
I wish you and your family a speedy recovery, and I hope there is people that can help out with groceries etc..hopefully you work for someone whom is understanding in the perils of raising a young family in these strange times and is not a chunt about time off

ozzybmx

Partner has received a text today to say she is positive from a test on Thursday. We have 3 kids under 5 (4.5 and 14 month olds twins)
Good luck @caad9 hope it comes and goes uneventfully.
Both my brothers and families have had it now, loss of smell and taste with a bit of a cough was as much as they reported.
They are 46 and 43 with 4 kids between them at 13 to 23, only the 13 and 15yr olds were unvaxxed due to UK rules.

cammas

Seamstress

Was feeling unwell on Wednesday afternoon (Cold symptoms) and decided to get tested Thursday morning. Hasn’t seemed much more serious than any other sniffle we get with kids or her hay fever or asthma flare ups due to changing season/weather. She’s been quite vigilant with getting tested and this is probably her 7th or 8th test over the 18 month Covid journey.

I don’t know if I have it yet and wouldn’t say I am feeling any more ordinary than usual with lack of sleep and kids.

Have to say, we are fairly cautious with our interactions, always wearing masks and don’t currently mingle for work. Both check in everywhere we go (supermarket, petrol and food). I am interested to see how much information we get about where it comes from or dates. It’s a genuine mystery to us.

14 days of isolation is going to be one hell of a challenge with the kids!

2021 has been a bitch of a year.

Edit: We are both double vaxxed, thank fuck!
Hope all goes well, bunch of guys I use to work with have been going through it bad, one guy thought he had hay fever ended up getting tested two days later and come back positive. So far I believe six got infected and then spread through their families but other guys didn’t get infected it was just random, this guy works day shift but most of the guys on nights caught it, very random.
Another guy I worked with, his partner was positive and they were locked up together for around 5 weeks but he never got it and it’s only the two of them in there, plus he hadn’t had his vaccinations yet.

ozzybmx

Another guy I worked with, his partner was positive and they were locked up together for around 5 weeks but he never got it and it’s only the two of them in there, plus he hadn’t had his vaccinations yet.
My youngest brother and his youngest son had a mild cold for 2 weeks, were ordered to test by his employer, both positive, his missus and oldest son negative.
They were also negative on test 2 despite being quarantined together for over a week since their positives and potentially 3 weeks since symptoms. The other 2 went pos on test 3, 10 days after the initial positive. Another 2 weeks quarantine.

2022 is going to as fucked as 20-21.