COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Covid Update:

For those playing along at home, myself and our 3 kids have come back negative.

Things have become a lot more delicate with the negative tests. Balancing the assistance with hands off approach with the kids for 14 days is going to be tough
Best of luck with it mate.
Like you say, that is likely to be more challenging than simply isolating all together as a family. What do you plan to do? Has anybody given you good guidance on how to deal with the situation and minimise transmission within the house?
If it was the other way round, my missus would probably chuck me out the back in a tent!

LPG

likes thicc birds
Covid Update:

Things have become a lot more delicate with the negative tests. Balancing the assistance with hands off approach with the kids for 14 days is going to be tough
Hope the next few weeks aren't too bad. Does your home layout have a sensible way to keep isolated?

I've always tried to wonder what I would do if I got it and my wife and mr 6 months old didn't. I can sleep and nearly live in the (tiny) spare room of needed but we only have 1 toilet and the spare room is right off the hallway to the bedroom, nursery and across the hall from the only toilet. Do I piss in a bucket and have scheduled shit breaks followed by some sort of sanitation/airing out of the toilet? Do I send my wife and child to her parents place and hope that she doesn't end up positive and infecting her vaccinated but very at risk parents? Do I live in the backyard in a tent with a camping toilet nearby? I'm usuallynpretty good at thinking ways through difficult situations but I just can't imagine how to do it in our small house.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Best of luck with it mate.
Like you say, that is likely to be more challenging than simply isolating all together as a family. What do you plan to do? Has anybody given you good guidance on how to deal with the situation and minimise transmission within the house?
If it was the other way round, my missus would probably chuck me out the back in a tent!
To be honest, we are just trying to minimise contact and my partner is mostly spending the day in our bedroom.

The DHHS have contacted her numerous times for contact tracing questions, but there has been nothing to tell us what myself and the kids should do. The fella who did our testing said if we come up negative twice we are good to go about our daily life again, which seems crazy when she would have another full week of isolation to do

LPG

likes thicc birds
The fella who did our testing said if we come up negative twice we are good to go about our daily life again, which seems crazy when she would have another full week of isolation to do
That sounds ridiculous when in your best case scenario you are going to to a regular casual contact to a known infected persons! Best of Luck

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Pfft. I’m not reliant on your manufactured dependency.
The dependency is real...the need is manufactured.

Covid Update:

That is going to be a difficult. Good luck and hopefully you don't have a wider outbreak in a few days.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That sounds ridiculous when in your best case scenario you are going to to a regular casual contact to a known infected persons! Best of Luck
When the contact tracers were doing their thing, they were only seriously interested in the 2 days prior to her feeling ill. We’ve been told that is the time of concern.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Tea! Bleh. I'll just have water thanks. Especially when someone sneaks in an earl grey without warning you. That stuff tastes like someone steeped a handful of the potpourri from the outside loo.
I like earl grey... Needs to be good quality and needs to be made strong.

LPG

likes thicc birds
When the contact tracers were doing their thing, they were only seriously interested in the 2 days prior to her feeling ill. We’ve been told that is the time of concern.
Fair enough, I didn't take into account thae window where people are infectious I guess. Still doesn't sound that sensible but I can imagine you will be counting down the days either way.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I'm not sure if it's still something they're doing but in vic I read they had options for quarantining family members outside the home where seperation was not possible. I can't recall what the eligibility criteria was though and if there was a cost associated or not.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't let facts get in the way of a good story:

"It became so deeply incorporated into the Turkish culture that a law was created that gave any woman the freedom to divorce her husband if he didn’t provide her with the necessary amount of coffee."

Get the coffee pot on @downunderdallas!
I am glad my wife doesn't read this. Bad enough if five minute into a ride I hear " I thought you fixed....". Many close divorce calls there.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Tea! Bleh. I'll just have water thanks. Especially when someone sneaks in an earl grey without warning you. That stuff tastes like someone steeped a handful of the potpourri from the outside loo.
I agree with regards to Earl Grey. There are plenty of other options available that are superior to instant. But...so is water.

I am glad my wife doesn't read this. Bad enough if five minute into a ride I hear " I thought you fixed....". Many close divorce calls there.
You guys should get a tandem bike!

LPG

likes thicc birds
That sounds like my last attempt at a double kayak....
A tandem bike is less likely to result in murder. A tandem kayak needs both people to be synced otherwise paddles clash when someone slows down their strokes resulting in immenent murder.

This is based on 6 weeks/2000 km of touring on a tandem bike with my non cyclist now wife and less than 1 hr on a tandem kayak. There were more arguments and death threats in that hour on the kayak than there was in 6 weeks including one week of trying to cross mountains between Bosnia and Montenegro while recovering from food poisoning. Seriously, tandem kayaks have mentally scarred us.