COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A tandem bike is less likely to result in murder. A tandem kayak needs both people to be synced otherwise paddles clash when someone slows down their strokes resulting in immenent murder.

This is based on 6 weeks/2000 km of touring on a tandem bike with my non cyclist now wife and less than 1 hr on a tandem kayak. There were more arguments and death threats in that hour on the kayak than there was in 6 weeks including one week of trying to cross mountains between Bosnia and Montenegro while recovering from food poisoning. Seriously, tandem kayaks have mentally scarred us.
A tandem kayak only needs one paddle...you fucked up by expecting someone else to also paddle. Game over rookie!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yeah, but:
-mechanics cars are always breaking down.
-chefs eat baked beans on toast at home.
-Builders houses are never finished.
-I work in education. Look at my usual spelling and grammar.
I often wonder if dentists fix their own teeth or barbers cut their own hair?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, anyone thinking of booking lavish holidays now that you're double vax'd and no lockdowns. Think again :(

Finish work for 2 weeks holiday this afternoon, get a call from my sons school late morning to come and get him, he's been a close contact of another positive kid in his class on Monday!

Straight to a testing clinic and now at home isolating, waiting for the test results.
Even if he tests negative, being to young for vax he has to isolate for 14 days. Looks like our house booked up at Bright will be staying empty next week :(
Best case is he tests negative, so rest of us don't also become close contacts so might be able to sneak up there with someone else. But obviously no family holiday happening.

Timing couldn't be worse, not happy!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Well, anyone thinking of booking lavish holidays now that you're double vax'd and no lockdowns. Think again :(

Finish work for 2 weeks holiday this afternoon, get a call from my sons school late morning to come and get him, he's been a close contact of another positive kid in his class on Monday!

Straight to a testing clinic and now at home isolating, waiting for the test results.
Even if he tests negative, being to young for vax he has to isolate for 14 days. Looks like our house booked up at Bright will be staying empty next week :(
Best case is he tests negative, so rest of us don't also become close contacts so might be able to sneak up there with someone else. But obviously no family holiday happening.

Timing couldn't be worse, not happy!
Well that's shit. :(

Fingers crossed you're all in the clear and at least some of you can get out and about for a bit.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Young feller and myself both tested neg overnight. I got tested as well to ease his worries about it.
Great news, as this is my elder son who has had respiratory issues in the past which still makes us nervous about this whole thing. So even since opening up we haven't really done anything except them going to school.

So he is still isolating until 2nd test 13 days from the exposure and then free to leave the house at 14 days. At least the rest of us are not restricted at all but will obviously lay low a bit. But at least I can get out for a few rides to have something of a holiday over the next week and a bit.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Young feller and myself both tested neg overnight. I got tested as well to ease his worries about it.
Great news, as this is my elder son who has had respiratory issues in the past which still makes us nervous about this whole thing. So even since opening up we haven't really done anything except them going to school.

So he is still isolating until 2nd test 13 days from the exposure and then free to leave the house at 14 days. At least the rest of us are not restricted at all but will obviously lay low a bit. But at least I can get out for a few rides to have something of a holiday over the next week and a bit.
At least you're not heading up to Bright for a week of torrential downpour... FML

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just when you think things are calming down get a mail that the school is closed tomorrow due to a confirmed case. there's different instructions for if you are close or casual contact but not much to say when or how we'll learn which group kids belong to.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
just when you think things are calming down get a mail that the school is closed tomorrow due to a confirmed case. there's different instructions for if you are close or casual contact but not much to say when or how we'll learn which group kids belong to.
The boy got caught up in that at the start of last week and now is in 14 days confined to his room. Two tests down and he is over it, saying there is no point going back to school and just wants to do remote learning for the rest of the year.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The boy got caught up in that at the start of last week and now is in 14 days confined to his room. Two tests down and he is over it, saying there is no point going back to school and just wants to do remote learning for the rest of the year.
seems to be different rules here - says if you're a casual contact you can return to school after 1 negative test but do another. even if a close contact do a test on days 1,6 and 12, but can go back if day 6 is negative. I have to agree on the rest of the year being relatively low reward learning wise but they are very keen to be around their friends still