COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
also, if kids test positive, transmission could entirely be the other way around, asymptomatic kids passed to you.

my step kids school, Templestowe park primary school. 35 cases. #5 in the state for cases. between positive kids, isolation and scared parents, 20% of kids in attendance at school. school pick up parking sure is a breeze.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I’m so confused right now ;)
I was NOT at @Labcanary's place on Tuesday night. But that is the past and I live for the future!

Apart from a few nights back when a Tinder visit resulted in another bike theft.
I meet my people analogue. Which I was recently told is very unusual and quirky...like I thought I was being a hipster, try hard or something similarly deliberate.

I'm just pretty sure my RB profile isn't going to get me much tinder access.

slowmick

38-39"
That's super shit @Jpez . I hope you come out of it quickly and completely with no lasting effects.

I can't imagine what is running through you head at the moment. I was shitting myself early last year when I came home from work feeling like a bag of shit. Home Thursday afternoon, test Friday morning, result Monday morning. The whole time wondering I was going to be the reason the factory would be forced to close.

The number of months you managed to stay covid free in your crazy hotspot neighbourhood is testament to how seriously you have taken avoiding covid as best you can. You got this.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
That's super shit @Jpez . I hope you come out of it quickly and completely with no lasting effects.

I can't imagine what is running through you head at the moment. I was shitting myself early last year when I came home from work feeling like a bag of shit. Home Thursday afternoon, test Friday morning, result Monday morning. The whole time wondering I was going to be the reason the factory would be forced to close.

The number of months you managed to stay covid free in your crazy hotspot neighbourhood is testament to how seriously you have taken avoiding covid as best you can. You got this.
Good pep talk, fell away some in the final sentence though. :eek:

(Only shit stirring!)

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It’s probably time to relay my story after the Covid situation.

My partner caught the spicy cough from an untraceable source. She tested on a Thursday and we found out about the positive on Sunday. Apparently the source is irrelevant now and the only concern is who it might be passed on to.

Mentally it was probably worse than physical as we had to notify friends, family, daycare and kinder and send so many people into isolation and testing (even though we do very little)

Things were pretty tough being stuck at home for the isolation period with the 3 kids under 5.
I managed to sneak a couple of runs in and walk the dog at night after 8:30pm when no one was around (would have been farked otherwise)

Got notified I was a close contact 6 days after my partner tested positive, which was a shock due to how behind the 8-ball the DHHS were.
Kids and I stayed negative the whole way through which is a huge endorsement for the vaccine. We didn’t even try to keep thing separate because we only found out 4 days after the fact and surely the damage was done. We got tested every second
day due to a potential new isolation period starting on the day we register a positive. She was properly crook, probably hospitalised without the vaccine is our thoughts. A week in bed with no energy, chesty cough, and typical cold symptoms, only turbocharged.

My takeaway from the whole thing is that you should remain vigilant with sanitiser and checking in. We feel like it could only be a supermarket encounter that sent us into this spiral, As fluky as it sounds.

I am still firmly of the belief this thing is something you don’t want to catch. I am paranoid of public encounters seeing we don’t know where it came from

Please stay vigilant and hygienic out there, it’s definitely more than a standard cold

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
It’s probably time to relay my story after the Covid situation.

My partner caught the spicy cough from an untraceable source. She tested on a Thursday and we found out about the positive on Sunday. Apparently the source is irrelevant now and the only concern is who it might be passed on to.

Mentally it was probably worse than physical as we had to notify friends, family, daycare and kinder and send so many people into isolation and testing (even though we do very little)

Things were pretty tough being stuck at home for the isolation period with the 3 kids under 5.
I managed to sneak a couple of runs in and walk the dog at night after 8:30pm when no one was around (would have been farked otherwise)

Got notified I was a close contact 6 days after my partner tested positive, which was a shock due to how behind the 8-ball the DHHS were.
Kids and I stayed negative the whole way through which is a huge endorsement for the vaccine. We didn’t even try to keep thing separate because we only found out 4 days after the fact and surely the damage was done. We got tested every second
day due to a potential new isolation period starting on the day we register a positive. She was properly crook, probably hospitalised without the vaccine is our thoughts. A week in bed with no energy, chesty cough, and typical cold symptoms, only turbocharged.

My takeaway from the whole thing is that you should remain vigilant with sanitiser and checking in. We feel like it could only be a supermarket encounter that sent us into this spiral, As fluky as it sounds.

I am still firmly of the belief this thing is something you don’t want to catch. I am paranoid of public encounters seeing we don’t know where it came from

Please stay vigilant and hygienic out there, it’s definitely more than a standard cold
Thats shit. Wife ok now? Annoys me hearing people say I am vaxxed I am all good. No, you can still get it, still spread it but your less likely to die.

@Jpez hope all goes well for you. Our borders open in 3 days so only a matter of time before we see our cases in SA jump.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Thats shit. Wife ok now? Annoys me hearing people say I am vaxxed I am all good. No, you can still get it, still spread it but your less likely to die.

@Jpez hope all goes well for you. Our borders open in 3 days so only a matter of time before we see our cases in SA jump.
Partner is a health worker and she got her test back overnight. Negative. Wooho! Little one not yet. I’m pretty frustrated though for obvious reasons. Just gotten back to work. and zero income (Again). Locked in the house under forced iso (again), well I’m stuck in the spare room. The kiddo who’s just gotten back to school and was really looking forward to her first grade one sleepover is pretty devastated. And training for the Trans Tasman is taking a slight hit. All frustrating but what can do. Just have to ride the wave.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Partner is a health worker and she got her test back overnight. Negative. Wooho! Little one not yet. I’m pretty frustrated though for obvious reasons. Just gotten back to work. and zero income (Again). Locked in the house under forced iso (again), well I’m stuck in the spare room. The kiddo who’s just gotten back to school and was really looking forward to her first grade one sleepover is pretty devastated. And training for the Trans Tasman is taking a slight hit. All frustrating but what can do. Just have to ride the wave.
The mental health fall out from this is going to be huge. Noticed our daughter (9yrs old) has developed a few OCD habits and burst into tears the other day when she heard borders opening and freaked out because she doesn’t want covid. We are careful what we say around our kids but who knows what gets discussed at school.

Hope its minor for you and you can get back to some normality sooner than later. You also need to attend the Trans Tas to see @moorey suffer ;)