COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Anyone other states have cops checking they are at home when they got the spicy cough.

Wife had a call this week and had to go to the front door and wave at the cop car to confirm she was at home isolating.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Anyone other states have cops checking they are at home when they got the spicy cough.

Wife had a call this week and had to go to the front door and wave at the cop car to confirm she was at home isolating.
None for us in SA and we have had 2 bouts of 7 day isolation in our house.

Good to see them out checking... I know a load of people that had it and got fed up after 3 days when they felt better, then many others that didnt even register their pos RAT as they didn't want to isolate at all.

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
None for us in SA and we have had 2 bouts of 7 day isolation in out house.

Good to see them out checking... I know a load of people that had it and got fed up after 3 days when they felt better, then many others that didnt even register their pos RAT as they didn't want to isolate at all.
Yikes. Then go spreading the spicy cough. This is why we can’t have nice things. Was surprised by the house call. Asked a couple other friends and a few had the call as well.

Wife has only started feeling a bit better today. Full 7 days of feeling shithouse.

Never got my 3rd booster might need to book that next week.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Day 4.
My wife has it now, so that’s all of us. I’m not feeling too bad now, but pretty tired, but that’s possibly from lack of sleep. I’ve been sleeping upstairs on the floor so my wife could isolate from us disease carrying lepers (a lot of good that did lol) and between the cat trying to sleep on me and the kids getting up and vomiting, it was a long night.
I think my kids have had it worse so far. They are 17 and 18 and look like death warmed up, have been throwing up and no appetite (which is something when my son is concerned).
I’ll be interested to see how my wife fares as she’s the only one of us to get the booster. When she did get the booster she had a very strong reaction, in bed with flu like symptoms for 2 days, swelling down her left side where she got the jab and muscle pain for a couple of weeks.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Day 5.
I’m feeling pretty much back to norma, but coughing a bit more than normal.
The kids are improving and my wife is going through the worst of it. She still hasn’t had any fever like symptoms but has a terribly sore throat from all the coughing.
Working from home Monda/Tuesday and most likely back in the office Wednesday.

Switch

huskier headed gent
Does the "strength" of the positive line on a rapid test actually indicate anything?
When my daughter first had it we tested her on day 2 after symptoms and the line was extremely faint, to the point of not being sure if it was just part of the test (first time using a RAT). The next day the line lit up within seconds of completing the test so pretty sure it gives an indication of viral load.
Daughter home from school again with a cough so getting ready to go through the whole thing again.

An interesting comment listening to Dr Karl was that the record for reinfection is 10 days between two variants so my feeling invincible for 28 days after the first time I caught it is now gone.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Was just on a (remote) interview panel for a candidate who just got her positive PCV PCR news. Could literally watch it decimate her concentration as the interview wore on. Poor thing. For added fun she now gets to negotiate how to vote over the phone for tomorrow.

Edited because idiot

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Was just on a (remote) interview panel for a candidate who just got her positive PCV news. Could literally watch it decimate her concentration as the interview wore on. Poor thing. For added fun she now gets to negotiate how to vote over the phone for tomorrow.
It's generally a pretty easy job as long as long as you can get parts:
Yes, I'm being facetious - sorry...

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All 4 down in our house I was last hold out. Mrs got it worst not sure if I've seen her that sick before, but she improved relatively quickly. Have completed my phone vote and the lady was nice enough to say I hope you feel better soon at the end of it!

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I actually don't know whether laugh or cry...

I like a wee bit of isolation so the last few years have been no where near a struggle as some have endured.. but the down side is I am now super conscious of people in my personal space, and with the relaxing of restrictions everyone thinks it's ok to be this >< far away when they want a conversation...I had to explain to people coughing and snorting on two separate occasions at the caffeine dispenser today that 1.5 metres social distancing actually meant moving the decimal place one digit that way>

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Week three of work place declinations. Young crew that haven't gone down yet all being pissy about not wanting to catch it...then stay home! They seem to believe that not working will protect them. Slightly worried I'll score a second dose, a lot of people I spend too many hours with have it.