cracked rim- new 24' options?

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have cracked my sun-single track along the seam so I am looking for options for a new rim. I would love to be able to find an intense mag30 in 24' but the only place I can find that stocks them is go-ride and it has the $200 limit on postage to australia. The Australian distributor, despite orders being placed by bike shops, has not got them in so I ain't sure what to do. If anyone knows of a shop that stocks 24' mag30's let me know and I will be striaght ontop of it! Otherwise, what other "race" rims are out there? Any got experience with dice 24's?

Ty

Eats Squid
you can get a sun bfr in 20, 24 and 26

or a mavic XY if your not huckin' could be a good race rim

but i'm sure alot of people here will probably say trailpimp

CHEWY

Eats Squid
doubletrack... or is that too heavy?
what do u mean by seam? is that that bit were they join the rim?

Rik

logged out
After asking about Dice 24's, apparently they're fairly soft metal, so whilst good and wide, they dent/break relatively easily.

wombat

Lives in a hole
andrew said:
i'd give atom lab dhr's a whirl. dont get aircorps
I know internet opinions aren't always worth much, but I will vouch for most of these guys being pretty straight up...
(this is about the DHRs)

don't waste your time or money ryan, they suck as much ass as the regular ones.....seams were splitting after less than a month of being built up and the flatspots are all over the place, I cannot keep the rear one true anymore.......get the best, pick up some 321's and you'll never have to worry about that crap...... (atomlab sponsored rider)

after one season on dhr's im just about ready to trow them off a cliff. they suck. both the front and rear have split about 3-5mm at the seams. there are flatspots that are folding the metal in, and flatspots that are bending the metal out. they need constant truing and are about as strong as a tissue paper condom.

DO NOT BUY THESE RIMS!!!!!!!!

Stay away from the DHRs. They suck the sucky suck. The team I ride for is sponsored by ATomic and a few of the guys ride them. They don't like them, for all the same reasons listed above. I'm riding a new set of Sun Singlettracks on my DH rig and so far they have held up pretty good. No problems at all as of yet.(I only have about 2 1/2 monthes on them.)

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, looks like I am in luck. Checked the dirtworks site out of curiousity and dirtworks as of thursday are now selling sun rims :D Including 24inch mag30's :D :D I haven't had any problems iwht my front yet apart from it has come off true, so hopefully I will be able to see how the rear holds up!

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
yeop! just got me a pair of mag 30's on roullete hubs... VERY SWAVE , 26" though.

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
i dunno much bout the intense mag 30 or whatever but others i've tried...
Got a pair of XY's mailed to me, wrote them off to start with cause they just looked shite.

Owned a pair of 24 BFR's built up with DT Swiss and Onyx hubs...rims were v good...i i pulled 2 eyelets out of the hubs but rims stayed true, i liked them

Also when this happened TC lent me his rear dice 24. Had for like a few months and put it thru hell. A lot of DH runs through that time and put up with everything i threw at it. Was running a big bag tyre at the time which helped but once again i really liked it (heavier than BFR's tho)

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
dice 24s are good, but in my experince the sidewalls dent when you look at them wrong.