cracks

AN AUSSIE

Likes Dirt
Hey the lips at some of my dj's is beginng to crack...just small cracks but im beginning to worry...the soil is pretty much clay/dirt but i dont know if i should wet it and re shape? what do you guys recommend?

Kitoff

Flow Mountain Bike
The best way to fix cracks:
1) Dampen the area lightly
2) Take a broom
3) Sweep all the dry dusty crap that has accumulated at the bottom of the jump up onto the wetted area.
4)Repeat.
5) Stand back and go "Aaaa.....aren't my jumps lovely now that those nasty cracks are all fixed".

Seriously, use the broom it works.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Kitoff said:
The best way to fix cracks:
1) Dampen the area lightly
2) Take a broom
3) Sweep all the dry dusty crap that has accumulated at the bottom of the jump up onto the wetted area.
4)Repeat.
5) Stand back and go "Aaaa.....aren't my jumps lovely now that those nasty cracks are all fixed".

Seriously, use the broom it works.
Spot on. I've seen some jumps that have had carpet put on them overnight after they've been wet down just to hold the moisture in and help it set. I guess it woked because the cracks weren't there for months.....

hotshot

Squid
The problem with clay is that it will nearly always crack when it drys out. A loamy soil will perform better, but may wear faster. Get some outdoor carpet, a bit of effort to set up, but much less maintenace.

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
look at the jumps at redhill,all clay.use carpet with a bit of moisture underneath.the carpet will hold the moisture in and aslo hold the cly together.