Craftworks ENR

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Frame is built up just need to run hose and cable. Impressed with the quality in the detailed stuff. Was going to black out the decals but I like it as it is. Looks sharp and can't wait to test her out.
Pics up soon
Looking forward to hearing a review!

jrewing

Eats Squid
Review time!

Loves to sprint in a big gear, first good drop into a corner you'll run wide because it accelerates as the shock compresses, through the chop you think you are riding a magic carpet that's hopped up. Has really good berm support. It's just FAST... Love it and a few more setup tweaks on the shock to dial it in. Seriously had me laughing through the rough stuff.

Climbing good enough. I dislike pedalling up. Gets hung up less than previous bikes

Last edited:

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Review time!

Loves to sprint in a big gear, first good drop into a corner you'll run wide because it accelerates as the shock compresses, through the chop you think you are riding a magic carpet that's hopped up. Has really good berm support. It's just FAST... Love it and a few more setup tweaks on the shock to dial it in. Seriously had me laughing through the rough stuff.

Climbing good enough. I dislike pedalling up. Gets hung up less than previous bikes
Thanks for the write up. Please send photos

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
These things intrigue me. Would be high on the list if I were to part with the Rune.

Sov

Likes Dirt
I've had an ENR for a little while now. It replaced a Banshee Spitfire. I bought it frame only and switched out the frames, with the same CC DB Inline. It was really easy to build up and the internal cable routing was much easier than I was expecting. Zero cable ties on this bike (except for the mud guard on the fork...)

I like it a lot - I don't feel I have given up any pedalling efficiency at all, even going from a 140mm frame to the 160mm ENR. In fact, I think the ENR feels more responsive and efficient than the Spitfire, and it has none of the pedal kickback you'd get with the Spitfire.

It feels like it sits quite high in its travel when pedalling uphill, rather than squatting and having the seat angle slacken and the bottom bracket drop. I think that's a function of the firm midstroke plus the antisquat staying consistent throughout the travel, rather than dropping off the deeper you get.

I found that the Spitfire needed a bit of low speed compression damping to provide chassis support, whereas I'm wide open on the ENR and don't feel the need to add any - I think that's the mistroke support again.

In fast, rough stuff it feels amazing, and on more mellow trails it doesn't feel too overbiked. I have a 2 degree angelset on mine now and definitely prefer it to the stock head angle.

It took me a while to get the spring rate set up right. The last bit of the travel is very linear and bottoms easily. I ended up putting all ten rows of volume reducers into the DB Inline and it's pretty good now (I also tried four and seven rows, neither of which were enough). Maybe I could pull out a couple of rows and add some high speed compression damping, but the Inline needs another rebuild so I have decided to replace it with a Monarch Plus.

Attachments

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
It took me a while to get the spring rate set up right. The last bit of the travel is very linear and bottoms easily. I ended up putting all ten rows of volume reducers into the DB Inline and it's pretty good now (I also tried four and seven rows, neither of which were enough). Maybe I could pull out a couple of rows and add some high speed compression damping, but the Inline needs another rebuild so I have decided to replace it with a Monarch Plus.
Did you get the DB Air IL upgrade kit? I think NS Dynamics sells them

Sov

Likes Dirt
Did you get the DB Air IL upgrade kit? I think NS Dynamics sells them
Yeah thought about upgrading it but I was able to get the Monarch for not much more than the cost to upgrade. Figured it was a good excuse to play with a new shock.

jrewing

Eats Squid
I've had an ENR for a little while now. It replaced a Banshee Spitfire. I bought it frame only and switched out the frames, with the same CC DB Inline. It was really easy to build up and the internal cable routing was much easier than I was expecting. Zero cable ties on this bike (except for the mud guard on the fork...)

I like it a lot - I don't feel I have given up any pedalling efficiency at all, even going from a 140mm frame to the 160mm ENR. In fact, I think the ENR feels more responsive and efficient than the Spitfire, and it has none of the pedal kickback you'd get with the Spitfire.

It feels like it sits quite high in its travel when pedalling uphill, rather than squatting and having the seat angle slacken and the bottom bracket drop. I think that's a function of the firm midstroke plus the antisquat staying consistent throughout the travel, rather than dropping off the deeper you get.

I found that the Spitfire needed a bit of low speed compression damping to provide chassis support, whereas I'm wide open on the ENR and don't feel the need to add any - I think that's the mistroke support again.

In fast, rough stuff it feels amazing, and on more mellow trails it doesn't feel too overbiked. I have a 2 degree angelset on mine now and definitely prefer it to the stock head angle.

Yeah I'm going to do the Hsc first then if needed run more volume spacers than the 3 rows in there now. I find that Dialed app pretty good.

Soul-Rider

Likes Dirt
ENR is currently out of stock. Any hints on what 2018 may bring?
I would be interested to hear if Craftworks considers it a success story? Aussie brand, distinctive design?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I would be interested to hear if Craftworks considers it a success story? Aussie brand, distinctive design?
Fingers crossed that there's some bigger sizes!

And is a new FRX / single pivot in the works still as well?

Craftworks

Craftworks
Not quite out of stock, although that would be a nice problem to have!
We've got one 'GX' build kit left, and a handful of Large frames, and more Medium frames.
It certainly has been a success so far, although the 'story' is not over yet. Considering that we developed and launched the ENR with virtually zero marketing budget, it has been taken up promptly, and very well received.
We'll be continuing with this design in 2018, with some geo/sizing refinements.

Cheers,
Hugh

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Not quite out of stock, although that would be a nice problem to have!
We've got one 'GX' build kit left, and a handful of Large frames, and more Medium frames.
It certainly has been a success so far, although the 'story' is not over yet. Considering that we developed and launched the ENR with virtually zero marketing budget, it has been taken up promptly, and very well received.
We'll be continuing with this design in 2018, with some geo/sizing refinements.

Cheers,
Hugh
Good to hear!

Any news on the FRX / single pivot update? Still on the cards?