Craftworks ENR

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Just had a better look. Awesome cable routing. Will the mech one have enough slack between seat stayand top tube holes though? Suppose it doesn't move to much. Stealth dropper holes?
Nice big idler ;-)
Is the ISCG mount rotated around enough?
Love the fat welds.
Seat tube gusset is a bit fugly but unique for today, and I guess with a dropper not that deep it's needed with the nice low stand over top tube.
Raw definilty looks really tough/cool. That thing will look cool in any colour though. Anno instead of paint though.
Thing looks DH tough. Looks better than the rad looking pro to.
Can somebody in Canberra buy a medium please.

Last edited:

hmcleay

Likes Bikes
Looking so good!! I see specs stating 27.5 x 3" will fit... Have you thrown a 29" wheelset in one of these?

Is that a bad first question?

Second question, Will you/Have you/How do you get Cane Creek to give a recommended setup for their shock on this frame? Send them a frame? Or send them geo numbers? Or you nail it, they believe you, and it becomes so?

Finally, thank you for being champions.
Hi jp80,

We haven't tried to fit a 29er wheel in this frame. The theoretical max wheel diameter that can fit is 725mm, so I don't think a 29er tyre will fit.

Shock setup will depend very much on your personal preference. Given that this is a new suspension design, and very few people have ridden this bike, we're not going to recommend a specific base tune at this stage.
Once the bike are selling, we'll probably establish a forum for people to discuss their shock tune and riding style etc.

Just had a better look. Awesome cable routing. Will the mech one have enough slack between seat stayand top tube holes though? Suppose it doesn't move to much. Stealth dropper holes?
Nice big idler ;-)
Is the ISCG mount rotated around enough?
Love the fat welds.
Seat tube gusset is a bit fugly but unique for today, and I guess with a dropper not that deep it's needed with the nice low stand over top tube.
Raw definilty looks really tough/cool. That thing will look cool in any colour though. Anno instead of paint though.
Thing looks DH tough. Looks better than the rad looking pro to.
Can somebody in Canberra buy a medium please.
Hi NSM,

Thanks for the compliments.
Yes, the high pivot makes the cable routing very easy (down the TT and into the SS). There is very little distancing between the front and rear triangles at this area, so the cable just flexes slightly when the suspension compresses. We tried a few different routing options on the prototype frames (you can see cable bosses on the chainstays and the seatstays), but the final solution was by far the neatest and best performing.
The dropper hose runs down the downtube, then exits the downtube just below the shock, and passes up behind the shock into the base of the seat tube. So yes, it suits stealth droppers.
The BB tabs are not standard ISCG. They are rotated to suit the shape of the BB Yoke. Together with MRP, we have developed a custom chain guide with the pulley set up higher to suit this application. It's not intended for a 'standard' chain guide to be used on this bike.

Cheers,
Hugh @ Craftworks

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Hi NSM,

Thanks for the compliments.
Yes, the high pivot makes the cable routing very easy (down the TT and into the SS). There is very little distancing between the front and rear triangles at this area, so the cable just flexes slightly when the suspension compresses. We tried a few different routing options on the prototype frames (you can see cable bosses on the chainstays and the seatstays), but the final solution was by far the neatest and best performing.
The dropper hose runs down the downtube, then exits the downtube just below the shock, and passes up behind the shock into the base of the seat tube. So yes, it suits stealth droppers.
The BB tabs are not standard ISCG. They are rotated to suit the shape of the BB Yoke. Together with MRP, we have developed a custom chain guide with the pulley set up higher to suit this application. It's not intended for a 'standard' chain guide to be used on this bike.

Cheers,
Hugh @ Craftworks
Oh man it looks awesome, can't compliment enough.
Cable work is also brilliant.
Proprietry guide though, ewww, couldn't you just rotate the ISCGs to work with most guides like Balfa did with their BB7s back in the day? Makes the bottom roller high, to limit deraileur flapping. Suppose it won't need a top guide on chain guide.
Sorry for all the postings, just super keen on this design.

Last edited:

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
Looks great! Love your work guys, and great to see some small start-ups working together. Hope it rips for you!

NoFilter

Likes Dirt
I just got audio for some reason, would love to see it. Maybe I'll search Vital...

But that frame - WOW. Congratulations guys that thing looks amazing, just to regurgitate what everybody else said: cable routing, great looks, rear axle path and RAW. RAW. RAW. If I were looking for a bike right now I'd run that in a flash.

Great job!

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
looks great. i know its a tad cheaky to ask as this is the ENR thread but any plans on updating or bringing out a new DH Frame. or are you still producing the current model?

hmcleay

Likes Bikes
looks great. i know its a tad cheaky to ask as this is the ENR thread but any plans on updating or bringing out a new DH Frame. or are you still producing the current model?
29 version?
We've got plans for a variety of models.
But we're just going to let the dust settle a bit after the ENR, before developing our ideas into production models.

Cheers,
Hugh @ Craftworks

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
The ENR is now available through the Craftworks webstore!
Visit www.craftworkscycles.com

Free postage within Australia!
Hit me up if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Hugh @ Craftworks Cycles
There's a link missing in your FAQ on the ENR page, the dropper info is missing the link for the Reverb compatibility (http://www.craftworkscycles.com/index.php/enr). Good info though for those going frame only. It also still says on that page that it's still in production... Good luck with it, hope it goes well!

DavidHL

Cannon Fodder
If only there was a XL option :(
I am 200 cm (6'7") tall with very long legs and normally ride an XL with the seatpost all the way out.

I rode the large size ENR at the Melrose Fat Tyre Festival and they have done a great job with the sizing. I had to push the 125 mm Reverb about a centimetre past it's limit line, but would be fine with an 150 mm Reverb.

It is a fantastic bike - a lot of fun on the descents and I never imagined that an 160 mm bike would pedal so efficiently.

hmcleay

Likes Bikes
Has anyone got an ENR and care to post a ride report?
Good question! Also, are there going to be any demo's any where coming up?
Hi guys, thanks for the interest.
There's a few ENRs out in the wild now, so keep asking around and someone might report their impressions.
There should also be a magazine write-up or two in the near future.

Regarding demos, I'll have a couple available to test out at the Gravity Enduro National Champs at Eagle Park (Adelaide) in October.

Cheers,
Hugh @ Craftworks Cycles.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
What's with the funky chain line? What are the benefits of running it like that?

When it comes time to replace the chain, do you have to buy two and join them together?